Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the mother had nothing to do with Xavior’s disappearance that’s not a bad move. It didn’t take long for suspicion to turn on her, she has a better chance of holding herself together somewhere the media won’t find her.
I agree it's a smart move on Xavior's mom's part if the neighbors are correct. But on the negative, it implies that she has no reason to expect Xavior to return to that home (only to find it empty). MOO and speculation.

I agree it's a smart move on Xavior's mom's part if the neighbors are correct. But on the negative, it implies that she has no reason to expect Xavior to return to that home (only to find it empty). MOO and speculation.
On the surface, yes… But I’m pretty sure if Xavier were to return home it would work itself out quickly.

Everything seems to center on the particulars of a child living with a disabled parent. In her case I’m wondering if, on top of everything else, loosing the assistance she depends on was a factor.

I had to take a minute and gather my thoughts. They boil down to this:

I cannot make any excuses at all for why a parent would MOVE AWAY when their child is missing. You would have to physically remove me and then I'd sleep in my car in front of the house. I also cannot see any landlord making someone move when their child is missing. Now, I realize there are some heartless people out there, but I just can't see it happening in this small town and community.
ITA. I have to hope the move was already planned. Heartbreaking.

Oh no. I don’t like this.
I don’t either, but I’m going to pretend to be positive for a change and say maybe Mom had to move in with someone who could care for her? I thought I read she has other health issues besides the prosthetic leg, so maybe she can’t live on her own without some assistance?

I’m just playing devil’s advocate. MOO / speculation

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just noticed “Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday on his bike near his family's home on the north side of Montezuma, according to the Associated Press.”

Does anyone know if his bike is also still missing?

Missing Montezuma, Iowa, boy, Xavior Harrelson prompts search

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just noticed “Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday on his bike near his family's home on the north side of Montezuma, according to the Associated Press.”

Does anyone know if his bike is also still missing?

Missing Montezuma, Iowa, boy, Xavior Harrelson prompts search
The bike was never missing. The story changed after the initial reports. LE are now saying he was last seen on or before May 27.

The bike was never missing. The story changed after the initial reports. LE are now saying he was last seen on or before May 27.
The story did seem to change but I found it interesting that the detail about being last seen with his bike was still included in his NAMUS listing which has a "listing created" date of 6/3. It seems like LE would have a general idea by then whether or not he really was seen with his bike and would have reworded that or excluded the bike reference if they didn't think he was actually seen with it. Or is that not entirely unusual for the NAMUS details to reflect original reports - regardless of their accuracy,

The story did seem to change but I found it interesting that the detail about being last seen with his bike was still included in his NAMUS listing which has a "listing created" date of 6/3. It seems like LE would have a general idea by then whether or not he really was seen with his bike and would have reworded that or excluded the bike reference if they didn't think he was actually seen with it. Or is that not entirely unusual for the NAMUS details to reflect original reports - regardless of their accuracy,
NAMUS is often wrong in their short descriptions, in my experience. I think sometimes they use the original missing reports and are not the updated info...

Often it’s just initial reports that are entered into NamUs and they don’t get updated as new information comes in.

The thing about Iowa investigations that really bothers me is that the county sheriff always has control. Even when FBI and DCI get involved, the sheriff still coordinates it and controls what info gets released.

Every sheriff handles it differently. Some are quick to dispel bad info and get good info out that might produce quality leads. Others, not so much. Remember when it was being reported that Mollie Tibbitts connected to her home WiFi at 10:30pm? We all know now that’s not possible, but at the time it’s the difference between whether she returned from her run or not. It might have been helpful to clear that up.

If my kids ever go missing I pray it’s not in Powesheik county.

Pawnee Lake is near Lincoln and is about 60 miles from La Vista, where Ryan disappeared. Carly disappeared from Lincoln. News today is that the remains have been identified, but family asked for no announcement until tomorrow so they can notify other family members. My guess is Carly or someone else just based on proximity.

Autopsy of human remains found at Pawnee Lake completed, identity being withheld
Confirmed to be Carly.
UPDATE: Human remains found at Pawnee Lake identified

The thing about Iowa investigations that really bothers me is that the county sheriff always has control. Even when FBI and DCI get involved, the sheriff still coordinates it and controls what info gets released.

Every sheriff handles it differently. Some are quick to dispel bad info and get good info out that might produce quality leads. Others, not so much. Remember when it was being reported that Mollie Tibbitts connected to her home WiFi at 10:30pm? We all know now that’s not possible, but at the time it’s the difference between whether she returned from her run or not. It might have been helpful to clear that up.

If my kids ever go missing I pray it’s not in Powesheik county.
Thank you for this information as I always assumed that once FBI was involved that they would take the lead as they have more experience. If I were a parent of a missing child I would want the FBI to take the lead, can that be requested or is it county or state dictated?

Thank you for this information as I always assumed that once FBI was involved that they would take the lead as they have more experience. If I were a parent of a missing child I would want the FBI to take the lead, can that be requested or is it county or state dictated?
It’s totally at the sheriff’s discretion. It might be different with federal cases. And I totally agree with you.

Not to knock our local police or sheriff’s department, I know most of them and they’re good people. But a missing and endangered case is not something they’re very experienced with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413