ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure BK will stay in Idaho if convicted. Still, this has me wondering how often do prisoners convicted of state crimes do their prison time in other states? The only one I can recall is Steven* Hayes, one of the convicted murderers in the Cheshire, CT home invasion where members of the Petit family were killed. Some years after they were convicted, they got sent to PA in what was called an interstate agreement iirc. Not sure what all that entailed.

*Hayes was (is?) undergoing transition and goes by Linda now, I think. I don’t know the details about how Hayes ended up in another state but I wonder does it happen more than we realize?

Sorry, just jumping off your post

Eta apparently this was discussed a little before I posted, just hadn’t seen it yet. Oops
Chris Watts killed his family in CO and is serving his life sentence in Wisconsin.

I know Pullman is not Boise, but I have flown into Boise twice before, one direct from mid-Atlantic and one with layover I think in MN. Anyway, I find it hard to believe there wasn't a more direct or easier way to do this. JMO.
You must be better at getting a direct flight than me from and to Boise...or they just aren't available to where I want to go.:)

I know Pullman is not Boise, but I have flown into Boise twice before, one direct from mid-Atlantic and one with layover I think in MN. Anyway, I find it hard to believe there wasn't a more direct or easier way to do this. JMO.
I believe public transportation is the least favorite way of transporting prisoners. I have talked to LE who have had to do that task. He said it was the worst part of the job, traveling on an airline with a in handcuffs with the public.

Forensic expert Matthew Noedel, owner and operator of Noedel Scientific, and his team spent five hours inside the home on 1122 King Street, Moscow, where four University of Idaho students were brutally stabbed on Nov. 13.

The Post confirmed with Moscow Police Kohberger’s legal team, including his state-appointed defense attorney Anne Taylor, was at the home Tuesday.

Noedel was seen going in and out of the home wearing white gloves and surgical foot covers over his shoes.

According to his website, Noedel’s specialities include crime scene reconstruction, bloodstain pattern analysis and shooting reconstruction.

“There was blood everywhere. We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this,” a police source told the Daily Mail at the time.

….

Pennsylvania State Police are transporting the accused.

It looks like the PA State police gave permission for the FBI to transport him, but maybe they're doing it together.

"Usually, US Marshals transport prisoners heading across state lines," said Brady McCarron, deputy chief of public affairs for the US Marshals Service. "But on this occasion, the FBI is handling that per their request."

The FBI insisted on transporting the suspect in the deaths of 4 college students back to Idaho

Has any new info been released because there's been about 10 more threads?
I can't keep up either! The best way to catch up is to read the MEDIA Thread. MSM is posted there.

Link to MEDIA THREAD/NO DISCUSSION thread

JMO

im no expert but if they don’t provide a motive doesn't that leave the door open for a good defense attorney?
I would yes, this case (so far) is still circumstantial, no eyewitnesses, no murder weapon even the Elantra on the video LE reported the incorrect year and they do not have a license plate. I really want to hear what the DNA evidence is and how tight it brings KCB in. Depending on what the DNA specifically is, Im sure with the amount of people in and out of that residence a good attorney can find a reason why his DNA was there...heck he went and crashed a party there or he was invited...by one of the deceased. How can they prove he wasn't? Again it depends on the DNA and where it was located. MOO

Im just spitballing here. Someone here may know more and be able to disprove my theory or part of it, Heck IDK, but one thing that cant be disproven is...All the defense needs to do convince just ONE of the 12 impartial jurors of reasonable doubt...just one

Hancock Co IN (east of Indianapolis assume I-70) traffic stop time 10:42.

Indiana state police traffic stop time 15:50.

What were they still doing in Indiana 5 hours later after passing Indianapolis? It doesn't take that long to get to the Ohio border, it doesn't take that long to drive west to east Indiana border to border!

Maybe they took a really long lunch/nap or they found the Thai food and had to make a lot of restroom stops after eating! ;)

Question about the PCA…

I’m really looking forward to reading it, but fear BK’s defense attorney will request that it be sealed.

Isn’t it in her client’s best interest to seal it? Why wouldn’t she choose to do so?
I'm sure she will ask for it to be sealed. I predict that the press - on the public's behalf - will have to sue to get any documents with a presumed public right to know released in whole or redacted.

Any documents without such a presumption we are very unlikely to see.

It's wrong IMVHO, but likely, that everything than can be withheld will be and for as long as possible.

Criminal courts across America tend to operate this way, telling the public that "justice" in terms of the process & jury will be irrevocably harmed if not.

Somehow Florida operates under Sunshine Laws without such feared outcomes preventing the justice process from working. The rest of the states should follow their lead.
MOO

I live here and have not seen Anyone pulled over for it. But it needs to be done. People here seem to stay on others bumpers.

Lifetime Hoosier, never!

eta-Sorry, didn't mean to quote you, this is for poster who asked about being pulled over for following too closely.

Pullman is very remote and closer to Spokane than Boise. Pullman is not even on the same time zone as Boise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member