ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't LE at the frat house that night? What times were they there? 2am to 3am? Were they long gone before BK made his multiple trips that night, including his 3-point turn?

Also, remember when a neighbor reported the house door (ground level) was standing open around 8:30 that morning? I wonder why it was open? Surely BF's room might have felt cold/drafty from that. Would BK have seen the door open when he drove by on his 9:21am check?

MOO.

I'm not disputing they may very well have awakened after being stabbed. I'm just pointing out that I find it highly unlikely that they were in their respective rooms and K went to M's because she was scared. Double-sleeping in a single bed can be cozy and even uncomfortable, but it's not impossible.
Is there confirmation that the bed was a single in size? I read the affidavit ("the single bed in the room") to mean that there was only one bed in the room, not a reference to the beds size.

I am way behind (beginning of the last thread).
I'm sorry if this was already mentioned.
JMO, but I think once LE realized they were dealing with a master's graduate in Criminal justice, who also had a Bach. in Psychology and was in a doctorate program for the same subjects, they started to play his own game against him, and had profilers and possibly even some of his professors, actually profiling him and helping LE plan their moves.

JMO
Edited to say: If I was LE and knew he was academically leaned a certain way, I'd call in the best profilers for the job.
They HAD to beat him at his own game.

Last edited:
It was notated to the servers he (BK) was a creepy guy, he would ask inappropriate questions and get too friendly after a couple of drinks. It was just a warning to the servers and was in the system so they would know if they had the "displeasure" of waiting on him. It was reported he came back after the incident that raised alarm and the manager asked him to curtail his behavior, the manager said he never came back after that time.

I'm not disputing they may very well have awakened after being stabbed. I'm just pointing out that I find it highly unlikely that they were in their respective rooms and K went to M's because she was scared. Double-sleeping in a single bed can be cozy and even uncomfortable, but it's not impossible.
Is there confirmation that the bed was a single in size? I read the affidavit ("the single bed in the room") to mean that there was only one bed in the room, not a reference to the beds size.

Do you have a source for the tenant #6 in second floor bedroom? I didn't think it was ever confirmed tenant 6 actually lived there, I think the 6th room was the fairly empty basement room you can see in one of the cop videos when they peer in through open curtains

Would be weird for DM to move rooms in her own house , I think she always had her 2nd floor bedroom
That's been clarified upthread. Tenant #6 was on the first floor, media information was incorrect. DM was in one of the two second floor bedrooms.

""I think he was in a rush to get out of the house," Kelly said. "Usually with these types of killers, at a certain point — don't forget, he's tired. He's killed a number of people already. At this point in time, maybe something's getting to him and he just wants to put himself between him and the bodies as quick as possible. He just wants to get out of dodge as fast as he can."

The expert said the murderer likely believed staying in the home to kill a fifth victim would have been riskier than escaping more quickly, given that he was reportedly clad in all black and had a mask obscuring at least part of his face.

"I think he just had his fill for the night and wanted out of there," Kelly said."

Stunning new Idaho murder detail shows killer appeared to want to 'get out of dodge'
Yes and he may have believed that DM (or someone else who heard the scuffle) had already called the police, so risky to stay any longer.

I have a question about BK's prior arrest due to a traffic violation. That took me by surprise. What kind of violation could this have been? When I hear the word traffic violation I think of speeding or running a red light. But no one gets arrested on the spot for that!

I also just wanted to say that after watching him at the hearing yesterday.. he appears so calm for the charges against him. It is like he thinks he is in some kind of criminal justice simulation and not in real life.

''Based on new court documents, a graphic shows how the murders in the student house on November 13 may have unfolded.''
View attachment 393348
Their guess on the order the murders occured is interesting. For some reason I thought that when DM saw [the killer], he was coming from X's bedroom but I guess he came from the stairs, which I think are next to the front door(?) and obviously go to the 3rd floor. Okay. I guess I could go with that.

But, if that's the case, and the crying DM heard was X, then that means she was still alive for several minutes after she was attacked. There was something else that led me to think that too. Can't remember what it was but I believe I posted it in a previous thread.

The pictures reveal what is a single bed, or some call a twin bed. Really in the grand scheme of things that doesn't matter IMO. I don't think the defense can wrangle one bit of info from that statement that could help the suspect BK.

lol. you have been websluething long enough to know taking the phone is a dumb move. I mean he just did not think this through at all
Right? It was my first thought when reading about all of the cellular data they had. He wanted to be invisible, so be invisible. He wasn't. It seems like he was emotionally invested in this in a very sick way. I don't think he wanted to get caught through his cellular data, but he was talking dumb risks because he was so wrapped up in the immediacy of it. He had to have known this was a possible error in judgment, he was a criminology student. He was absolutely obsessed with one or more of the victims. IMO. I can't think of another reason to make such a foolish mistake.
If he knew that man was there. Most certainly he did not know the other 3rd floor occupant K was there since she bought a new car. He had been to that house no less than 12 times, so he knew what K's old car looked like, but not her new one. I think M was the target and he thought she was alone on the top floor. Most women when awakened with a knife to their throat are not going to scream or fight a man trying to rape them.

JMO

The thing is, the knife that he brought, USMC KA-BAR, is meant for inflicting multiple stab wounds. It has a special blood groove so that you can extract the knife more easily before plunging it in again. I think he went there to kill.

I think that if he went there to rape he would have definitely made sure of who else was in the house at the time, maybe sitting and stalking for a longer period.

IMO he had been planning this for a long time. There may have been many instances where he went by, with his phone off, thinking that he would do it that night...but then didn't for whatever reason. I also don't think that it bothered him to have to wait, that was part of the game, to him.

(idk why this post is quoting me twice.)

I've never seen anything confirming that. I was responding to people who seemed to insist it was, but I tend to think it wasn't, especially given the mattresses that were removed today. MOO

This is what I'd read in the news, but is it actually true? I'd thought the two surviving housemates had bedrooms in the basement; however, the affidavit puts the surviving housemate who saw the perp on the same floor as Xana - it says that she opened the door to her room and the perp walked by her and out the screen door. So that must have put her in the other bedroom on the second floor.
D.M. was on the second floor. It was her bedroom.

"D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side ofthe seoond floor. ...

D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5' 10" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows. The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back stding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her room after seeing the male. D.M. did not state that she recognized the male. This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene."
Affidavit, pg.5

If BK is found guilty and gets a life sentence, will he be served vegan meals? How about if he gets death penalty? Still served vegan meals?
Yes.
Idaho.gov
Legal Rights of Inmates to Practice Veganism

However,
Nutraloaf (punishment loaf) is a mix of a bunch of leftover ingredients, blended and baked into an awful, tasteless loaf and served as punishment.
Idaho has a breakfast, lunch, and dinner version. The breakfast version is a “combination of cereal, milk, toast and orange juice in a single bite” (Coppock, 2015).
• When inmates challenge the loaf as “cruel and unusual punishment” under the 8th amendment, courts generally uphold its validity, providing it has “adequate nutrition” and calories, despite its awfulness.

I haven't seen discussion of Kohberger's long road trip on the afternoon/evening of November 13, but the threads are moving so fast. Kohberger's travel that day are documented in the PCA beginning at the bottom of page 16).

To summarize, Kohberger drove east at least as far as Johnson, Idaho, about 100 miles from Pullman, to the area around the Nez Pearce - Clearwater National Forest. His phone pinged and he was spotted on surveillance camera at several locations in Clarkston, WA. He left Albertson's grocery store at 1:04. It's about 75 miles to Johnson, an hour and a half drive. The next pings detailed in the PCA are 4.5 hours later: in Johnson, Idaho between 5:32 and 5:36. The phone then stopped connecting to the network until 8:30.

It's not clear where the 8:30pm ping occurred. This sentence (from page 18) confuses me. BBM.
The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

What does the sentence in bold mean? Does it mean BK was in Moscow at 8:30? On the route the indirect route he used immediately after the murder (driving south on 95 toward Genesee, then west to Uniontown, Idaho; then north to Pullman, Washington.)

As for the purpose of the trip, it seems to me that Kohberger drove east into a remote area to clean the car thoroughly and dispose of evidence, perhaps using supplies he purchased at Albertson's. He may have burned the clothes he'd worn to commit the crime. I don't think he would have thrown the knife somewhere where it could not be retrieved, like a river. I think he carefully selected a place to hid it where he retrieve it eventually. I wonder if the phone turning on for 4 minutes only at 5:32 was Kohberger getting the GPS coordinates or taking photos of features near the location he could use as markers. JMO>

I have a question about BK's prior arrest due to a traffic violation. That took me by surprise. What kind of violation could this have been? When I hear the word traffic violation I think of speeding or running a red light. But no one gets arrested on the spot for that!

I also just wanted to say that after watching him at the hearing yesterday.. he appears so calm for the charges against him. It is like he thinks he is in some kind of criminal justice simulation and not in real life.
Was he arrested? Never heard that before.

Public defenders are randomly appointed.
I thought there was some discussion that said the Public Defender had to be Death Penalty Qualified....and it would most likely be her as her qualifications were well known in Idaho. (This was over the weekend when he was first arrested but was still in PA.)

Edited: to fix typos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members