ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought but I looked at the PCA again tonite and it does not state that.

View attachment 393377
Pg 4 of for Affidavit
The PCA doesn't state it explicitly, but imho there is no other way for BK to have been walking towards her, then past her, then towards the sliding glass door.

Okay. So, if male was coming from X's room then it could be speculated that maybe light emanated from X's room or bathroom and that's how DM was able to "see" that the male had bushy eyebrows. If the house was dark, how could DM see?
But, per the PCA, it was not said exactly where the person DM saw was coming from. I thought he came from X's room too but nope.
Screenshot_20230106-223411_Drive.jpg

To answer your question though, somewhere around thread 15(ish), someone looked it up and saw it was either a full moon or almost full moon that night. That could be enough to make out more than just a silhouette from moonlight coming in from the kitchen area or back patio(?). They may have also had some of their neon signs (seen in previous TikTok videos) on, or perhaps a stove/range light kept on at night, or even a nightlight somewhere close by. All JMO.

Absolutely! And the fact that Murphy, who was on the third floor and belonged to K, didn't start barking until 4:17 also supports this theory.

And I think you mean DM. :)
IMO, DMs new bedroom was on the second floor adjacent to the kitchen with a clear view of the back slider

The sheath next to Madison on her bed suggests that Madison was killed first. He pulled off the sheath, put it down, started stabbing, perhaps heard something downstairs (Xana was awake and safe at 4:12, dog barked at 4:17) ... why did he forget to pick it up?

Xana was not on tiktok at 4:15 a.m. Maybe she heard something at 4:12 and got out of bed to investigate when someone was at the bedroom door. She had defensive wounds and was on the floor, visible from the door. Maybe her body was the thud at 4:17, the dog started barking, D.M. woke up, Kaylee said "someone's here", then the murders of Madison and Kaylee, D.M.'s description of bushy eyebrows - was that a side view or front view? Side view means Madison could have been first, front view means Xana was killed first.

What does the timeline tell us? Why did Xana end tiktok at 4:12, but the dog didn't start barking until 5 minutes later? What was the thud, and was it the same sound that woke up D.M. or was there a second sound of playing with the dog? She knows who was killed first.
He had to have been going toward her from x room. Couldn’t be from stairs because was right next to door.

I was in a similar situation just a few nights ago. I took my dog out in the courtyard of my condo building at 11 PM and turned to notice a man inside the outer lobby who opened the door and was looking out at me. I asked if he was coming out with a dog because my dog becomes rambunctious around other dogs. He said no and went back inside and I noticed he didn't have a dog. (The only people you ever see in my building's courtyard at night with 3 feet of snow on the ground and 5 degrees are people taking their dogs out). I had to go through three doors from outside to the outer lobby, then across the stairwell, then to the inner lobby to the elevator and there he stood. I was very uncomfortable. I asked him if he was going up. He said, No, and just stood there. I had made the decision that when the elevator came, I WOULD NOT GET ON IT WITH HIM. Or, if I got on it and then he did too, I would get off. I got on the elevator, but he did not. Although I felt very uncomfortable, what did I do? Did I go to my apt. and call the police? No, I went to bed.
Most people have probably been frightened in a situation where something felt off, but in reality there was no clear threat. I believe those experiences vastly outnumber actual threats, so it can be rational to suppress your senses to an extent.

Considering this case... it is easy to ignore strange noises when you live with roommates. If I heard my roommate say "there's someone here" (affidavit) late at night I would assume there was a delivery outside [EDIT: this is possibly what it was about], or I misheard, or any number of things. Never in a million years would that lead me to believe a stranger had broken in. Unfortunately, it is only in hindsight that all the disparate details begin to make sense as a whole.

Last edited:
IMO, DMs new bedroom was on the second floor adjacent to the kitchen with a clear view of the back slider
It’s possible he had been in there before and thought bedroom 3 was empty so skipped it.

Also it says you could see into the windows so will probably also be brought up what type of lighting on street/outside at the time.

It's a court appointed attorney
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Latah County doesn't have a huge gallery of public defenders.
She came from Kootenai County Public Defenders office in Coeur D'Alene.

It’s possible he had been in there before and thought bedroom 3 was empty so skipped it.

Also it says you could see into the windows so will probably also be brought up what type of lighting on street/outside at the time.
He had to have been going toward her from x room. Couldn’t be from stairs because was right next to door.
what seems really odd is that with snow on the ground wouldnt there be footprints in the snow?

"there's someone here"

Three possibilities occur to me.

1. X heard someone walking past her window toward the kitchen slider. If, as seems likely IMO, guests in the know usually came in that way rather than by the front keypad door, it wouldn't be strange, just kind of late to stop by without warning. But you'd think maybe someone else in the house invited them.

2. X heard the kitchen slider. That kind of door makes a distinctive noise that you just can't avoid, even if you don't close it.

3. X heard someone coming down the stairs who didn't move like M or K. Heavier, different gait, something that didn't sound right.

Based on the timeline, I say #3.

And it suddenly occurred to me what X really said. Imoo

Not “there’s somebody here“

But “Is there somebody here?”

Say them both out loud nervously.

X got her food delivery at 4am. It was found in the kitchen. She was on TikTok until 4:12, I say very likely in the kitchen with her midnight snack.

But she heard a sneaky creaking coming down the stairs. Not K or M popping down to get some water. Something sneaky and alarming. Enough to call out “Is there somebody here?”

I think in this case it must be an attorney who is qualified in a potentially capital punishment case too
BK's attorney was court appointed and is the Chief Public Defender in the Kootrnai County Public Defenders office

In the PCA, it's mentioned that DM heard someone (likely KG) say someone is here. A lot of people here have speculated that XK was instead the person who said it.

I was leaning toward XK being the speaker too, but now am leaning back to KG. Why? Because DM would know her roommates' voices. Plus, DM was directly underneath the room where MM and KG were found. I am wondering if DM maybe clearly heard the statement through the air vent/duct since the room was directly above her?

MOO.

But why then leave without the sheath? If he thought everyone was dead, why not at least go upstairs and rummage around for it? It seems that it was visible on the bed long after M had stopped moving. It was in plain sight.

A sheath is made of leather and attaches to a belt. To put it on or take it off of the belt you have to remove the belt.
THe purpose of a sheath is to hold the knife so your hands are free and not at risk of being cut as you move around.

Maybe he broke the sheath, pulled the knife out of it and pushed the knife into it too forcefully? Or it broke in a struggle?
Maybe he could not drive with the sheath on his belt, so he pushed it into his pocket and it fell out?
Maybe for some reason he took his belt off at the crime scene and when putting it back on he missed putting the belt through the sheath?

Who knows, but I doubt he intended to leave the sheath at the crime scene- he made a mistake.

JMO

Daily mails interpretations of the affidavit and timeline of events is interesting. I initially thought after reading it it was opposite order (M and K first victims, then X and E).

This interpretation by Daily Mail is inaccurate with the facts presented in the PCA

Question about the dog.

So the dog was found shut in another bedroom is that correct? I was wondering how he got there? Was the dog sleeping in the bedroom with its owner in the bedroom with the door closed when the killer entered?
I forget which one of the two blond ladies dog it was.
Or was the dog roaming free around the house when the killer entered?

If the dog was roaming free when he first attacked I imagine he would have attacked the killer or started barking and alerted the other houseguests. Granted it was a party house so the dog was highly socialized and was use to lots of other people.

So did the killer before he attacked secure the dog beforehand? Or did he just go into the bedroom and start stabbing the two blond ladies with the dog right there unsecure?

Seems logistically hard to secure the dog or keep it quiet without alerting all the houseguests.

Thoughts?

what seems really odd is that with snow on the ground wouldnt there be footprints in the snow?
I believe DM had recently moved up into that room. I heard it on a YouTube video..maybe Grey Hughes or the video of the tour. I don't know how they knew, but there was something to the effect that one of the downstairs bedrooms was the smallest room in the house and there had been a recent vacancy. So there was speculation that one of the downstairs roommates had moved to the second floor. I thought it was kinda odd, but since it was speculation, didn't bring it up here.

So maybe this was the case with BK. Maybe he thought DM's room was vacant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow