ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A sheath is made of leather and attaches to a belt. To put it on or take it off of the belt you have to remove the belt.
THe purpose of a sheath is to hold the knife so your hands are free and not at risk of being cut as you move around.

Maybe he broke the sheath, pulled the knife out of it and pushed the knife into it too forcefully? Or it broke in a struggle?
Maybe he could not drive with the sheath on his belt, so he pushed it into his pocket and it fell out?
Maybe for some reason he took his belt off at the crime scene and when putting it back on he missed putting the belt through the sheath?

Who knows, but I doubt he intended to leave the sheath at the crime scene- he made a mistake.

JMO

I know this. My question was for the the poster who suggested that BK went back into the house to retrieve the sheath and then killed X and E. Why then leave the sheath if that was the whole goal of going back in to the house?

The sheath for that USMC KA-BAR is meant to clip onto a backpack. You can put it on a belt, but that is not the only option. That is off-topic but...

Last edited:
The guy that left the sheath at the crime scene, with his DNA, and drove the getaway car past cameras multiple times because he did not know the roads, and was seen by a possible victim, and also left a footprint in the home- put plastic on his seats?

I think from the beginning the media cast him as some super intelligent genius, and we are finding he is not- he is a cold blooded killer with an ego, and that ego got him caught and will get him the death penalty

JMO
Agree. He's no genius.

Not me. I’d say oops I forgot my ….and skeedaddle.

Me neither. My standard reaction when that situation occurred was to look toward some imaginary person on the floor and say "Oh, there you are!" and walk away. Always good to suggest someone else is on the floor.

Re: surviving roommate DM

It is my belief that sometimes when a person is in a traumatic or tragic situation, the mind can be protective by lessening awareness of what is happening, and not processing incoming information in real time

My thoughts/view/experience

Based on the timeline, I say #3.

And it suddenly occurred to me what X really said. Imoo

Not “there’s somebody here“

But “Is there somebody here?”

Say them both out loud nervously.

X got her food delivery at 4am. It was found in the kitchen. She was on TikTok until 4:12, I say very likely in the kitchen with her midnight snack.

But she heard a sneaky creaking coming down the stairs. Not K or M popping down to get some water. Something sneaky and alarming. Enough to call out “Is there somebody here?”

The timeline appears pretty tight with DD driver, TikTok, carrying trash to kitchen, and BK moving around the house.

Xana may have gone to the kitchen to take her trash there, as the JnB bag was found in the kitchen and not in her room.

At that point, BK could have been upstairs.

As X went back to her room she could have gone to the bathroom, while BK was moving down stairs. Then heard something as she went from bathroom back to bedroom.

it is possible X thought the noise was the DD driver who had just left them 10-15 min earlier, or another roommate moving around at that hour.

X may have encountered BK in the hallway between her bathroom and her bedroom as he came from down the stairs.

JMO

Re: surviving roommate DM

It is my belief that sometimes when a person is in a traumatic or tragic situation, the mind can be protective by lessening awareness of what is happening, and not processing incoming information in real time

My thoughts/view/experience
I agree. I think that might be scientific fact too. JMO

Dog was in Kaylee's room. Kaylee and Mady were in Mady's room. I believe the door was shut to that room. This is in the PCA.

Likely Kaylee put the dog there..MOO...
So the killer never had to deal with the dog physically most likely? Just had to deal with it barking.

To bad if the dog had been roaming free or in the same bedroom as its owner the situation may have turned out quite a bit different.

IMO, the voice saying: “ it’s okay, I’ll will help you” is BK moving Murphy the dog out of Ms room before the killings took plac
I know this. My questions was the the poster who suggested that BK went back into the house to retrieve the sheath and then killed X and E. Why then leave the sheath if that was the whole goal of going back in to the house?
The timeline appears pretty tight with DD driver, TikTok, carrying trash to kitchen, and BK moving around the house.

Xana may have gone to the kitchen to take her trash there, as the JnB bag was found in the kitchen and not in her room.

At that point, BK could have been upstairs.

As X went back to her room she could have gone to the bathroom, while BK was moving down stairs. Then heard something as she went from bathroom back to bedroom.

it is possible X thought the noise was the DD driver who had just left them 10-15 min earlier, or another roommate moving around at that hour.

X may have encountered BK in the hallway between her bathroom and her bedroom as he came from down the stairs.

JMO
it will be much clearer finding out if food was delivered in person to x. If was taken to front door or sliding glass door and if she actually got up to get it or if she ate it.

Until that it’s not going to be clear

BK's attorney was court appointed and is the Chief Public Defender in the Kootrnai County Public Defenders office

When the Judge read that if the *killer was found guilty, the death penalty was a possibility -- - killer snapped his eyes up and looked up on that one.

Defense attys who get killers to go free... choices are wrong with the job.

I know this. My questions was the the poster who suggested that BK went back into the house to retrieve the sheath and then killed X and E. Why then leave the sheath if that was the whole goal of going back in to the house?
Yeah I know! In the scenario, I speculate that he was interrupted in his mission by X and after killing X and E was too overcome to look for the sheath. I'd speculate that he was not entirely sure where he dropped it (stairs/K/M's room, living room, kitchen?). He was running on panic not calmness and determination after the second murders and was compelled to just leave. But all just speculation

So the killer never had to deal with the dog physically most likely? Just had to deal with it barking.

To bad if the dog had been roaming free or in the same bedroom as its owner the situation may have turned out quite a bit different.
Or even worse with an additional victim (dog)

A sheath is made of leather and attaches to a belt. To put it on or take it off of the belt you have to remove the belt.
THe purpose of a sheath is to hold the knife so your hands are free and not at risk of being cut as you move around.

Maybe he broke the sheath, pulled the knife out of it and pushed the knife into it too forcefully? Or it broke in a struggle?
Maybe he could not drive with the sheath on his belt, so he pushed it into his pocket and it fell out?
Maybe for some reason he took his belt off at the crime scene and when putting it back on he missed putting the belt through the sheath?

Who knows, but I doubt he intended to leave the sheath at the crime scene- he made a mistake.

JMO
JMO, I wonder if he put it on his belt at all.

I think his survey last June, asking criminals to explain how they chose a target, and how they felt before, during and after the criminal offence, was what he viewed as the last step - asking criminals where they went wrong, how they got caught.

He moved to Pullman in August and his phone was at the address of the murders on Saturday, August 21 at 10:35 PM. The Greek restaurant where more than one of them worked closed at 10 p.m. that night. That could be when he chose his target. An hour later that same evening, he was pulled over in a routine stop where he provided his phone number.

Once a week for three months his phone was near 1122 King Road. He knew who was in which bedroom. He must have known that D.M. was on the second floor at the back of the house visible from the hill behind the house. That means the target was not the house, it was someone in the house. So far, we know that Xana and Madison were expected to be in their bedrooms that night. No one could predict that each would have a guest.

First murder. It's over the top sloppy, as police said. He left the knife sheath next to one of the victims, which quickly led to DNA identification of his father. His car was quickly identified, parked in front of his home. His new plates were quickly tied to his PA plates, which provided his phone number and phone records. Too many stupid mistakes - driving past CCTV 4 times on the night of the murders.
Thank you for this response! I agree with so much of this.

It was so fast, he didn't freak out after killing his first victim, he kept going and did it all so quickly. That is what surprises me. I wonder if he took some sort of drugs to enhance his physical and mental abilities that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious