ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention my opinion one way or the other, however until he is found guilty in a court of law he should be considered innocent.
It's a fundamental legal principal that has been around since antiquity, through English common law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, American jurisprudence, The EU Constitution etc.
(wiki has a pretty good article on it)
He's presumed innocent in a court of law until he's found guilty. This isn't a court of law. People commenting on a true crime site have no obligation to treat him as innocent until proven guilty.

At one point it mentions BK driving towards “Uniontown ID”. There is no Uniontown ID. It’s Uniontown WA. There should be no incorrect information, no matter how small, in a no knock arrest warrant.
He did not drive straight home after the murders. He drove towards Genesee, Idaho and Uniontown, Washington then drove to home to Pullman.

Attachments

• 1673075862149.png
    1673075862149.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 21
Did his family fly to Idaho? Are they still supporting their son and brother? Seems quiet. Maybe they recognize the knife.
Also who just happens to stop using their phone 11/14, forever.
Did he get a whole new phone number that day?

I keep reading "WHY did they wait until NOON THE NEXT DAY to call 911?!?" It's not that outrageous if you think about what they had been doing that night and the fact that these are college kids who had been up late partying, then crashing.

They were out partying, eating and drinking, whatever, until 2am or later. When the witness woke up and saw the suspect leave around 4am, she was probably just getting to bed or had been woken up from going to bed late, still half drunk, exhausted. She locked the door and went to sleep, probably woke up around 11am the next day.

What part of this is so strange/confusing? She didn't know that there were dead people in the house. She heard loud things at a party house on a weekend night, then saw a guy leave. She locked the door (good idea!) and went back to bed.

What's the fuss?

My current sequence theory (so similar to others just in my own words)

While Xana was grabbing her food downstairs or already back in bed with food watching Tiktok,
BK put sheath in back pocket, went through sliding door, upstairs and killed K+M leaving sheath in the struggle (Murphy had been put into Kaylees old bedroom by K+M)

D woke up hearing the noises directly above her, thinking it must have been Kaylee playing with her dog

moments later Xana comes into the kitchen and knows somethings wrong from the type of noises coming from upstairs and says "there someone here?"

D gets up and listens at her door but hears nothing, goes back to her bed

BK comes down the stairs, encountering Xana in the kitchen and follows to her room as he attacks her. Suddenly has to contend with Ethan, leaving Xana to cry, to which he returns to her and says "its okay, ill help you"
then come the subsequent whimpers and thud, likely triggering Murphy just above to start barking, BK leaving the scene while D sees him through the crack of her door.

processing this, I really feel that DM heard WAY more than disclosed, likely everything that happened to X+E. I think something so unfathomably horrific could absolutely trigger an acute trauma response keeping her stuck in shock for a lengthy period. I wouldn't be surprised if she is currently dealing with PTSD and acute stress disorder, and I find the idea of her having to be a witness an additional tragedy. ALL moo

DD driver delivered around 4am. BK was caught on video in his car at 4:04am and presumably entered the residence shortly after that.
DD driver in front of residence, BK in back. WOW that DD driver is lucky he wasn't there minutes later. I guess they can just leave it on the front porch and never even go inside, but how crazy for the DD driver.

Hello. I’m really late to this story.

However is someone able to explain (if known!) why the surviving room mates waited till the next afternoon to call the cops… especially when one saw a stranger in her house..?

It’s a lot of info to sift through… I just genuinely do not know If this topic has already been reported on or covered here…

Regards :)
[sorry I double posted -- my internet was crashing -- so here you have this in reply form]

I keep reading (not just from you) "WHY did they wait until NOON THE NEXT DAY to call 911?!?" It's not that outrageous if you think about what they had been doing that night and the fact that these are college kids who had been up late partying, then crashing. I think many readers missed the timeline details.

They were out partying, eating and drinking, whatever, until 2am or later. When the witness woke up and saw the suspect leave around 4am, she was probably just getting to bed or had been woken up from going to bed late, still half drunk, exhausted. She locked the door and went back to sleep, probably woke up around 11am the next day.

What part of this is so strange/confusing? She didn't know that there were dead people in the house. She heard loud things at a party house on a weekend night, then saw a sketchy guy leave. She locked the door (good idea!) and went back to bed. Sheer speculation, but she was probably exhausted from partying.

What's the fuss?

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not but whatever social media accounts BK had with any kind of meaningful information were likely suspended and backed up as evidence on 11/30 via requests from law enforcement.

And the sheath rumor first came out a few days after the murder. Around the same time the story of DM coming face to face with the killer and then locking herself in her room. The sheath rumor was even updated to say they found dna on it. Both were dismissed as ridiculous at the time. Both have turned out to be true.
This is news to me, and I question whether they were truly dismissed as ridiculous without something more to the story.

There have been lots of untrue rumors in this case. Was there something about these particular rumors that stood out from the incorrect ones?

Generally, I think it's best to discount or ignore rumors from unproven internet sources. (I have no idea whether whether that was the source of these rumors though.)

Why would I be joking? She's a Former FBI agent, she was just on News Nation (I posted that link earlier). I thought the PR comments were interesting and so was her general thread. I find her interesting. I asked WS Admin, if I could post her Twitter feed, and it was approved. If you aren't interested in her, it's okay. If I'd like to use any future feed, I now can. I don't critique your posts.
I wonder about that guy too! Early on and followed the BK survey.

At one point it mentions BK driving towards “Uniontown ID”. There is no Uniontown ID. It’s Uniontown WA. There should be no incorrect information, no matter how small, in a no knock arrest warrant.
You know there's a Johnson, WA right next to Uniontown, WA. I gotta wonder if the Johnson, ID in the PCA is actually Johnson, WA?

are you first saying the police framed him?
and then trying to say he felt disrespected and his buttons were pushed?
Agree, so sorry this guy felt disrespected.
There are a LOT of people in the world that are ’bullied’ and tortured and sexually assaulted and raped and put through all kinds of depraved and inhumane harm.
And THEY do not become murderers.

Just saying- the idea that someone pushed his buttons and that someone is somehow partly responsible is ridiculous.
If anything- it shows the mind of an entitled child who throws a fit when he doesn’t get his way.
Anyone who brutally attacks and kills four people in their sleep, are by their own actions- Monsters

JMO

Last edited:
I mean, he slaughtered four people. I think his veganism is moot.

He didn't eat them.

Where he messed up (thankfully) was not realizing how many home security and other cams he'd be recorded on. Driving around the area for several minutes ahead of time and then speeding away right afterwards is what got investigators interested in finding a white Elantra. From there it was a matter of tracking down just which white Elantra(s) might be associated with the perp. Without that information he might never have become a POI or been arrested.

Once investigators determined that he was a POI they could then get warrants to check his cellphone pings. They'd never have found his 12 prior visits to the area or the times he turned his phone off and on in Pullman without having a specific mobile phone number to investigate.

Question about the dog.

So the dog was found shut in another bedroom is that correct? I was wondering how he got there? Was the dog sleeping in the bedroom with its owner in the bedroom with the door closed when the killer entered?
I forget which one of the two blond ladies dog it was.
Or was the dog roaming free around the house when the killer entered?

If the dog was roaming free when he first attacked I imagine he would have attacked the killer or started barking and alerted the other houseguests. Granted it was a party house so the dog was highly socialized and was use to lots of other people.

So did the killer before he attacked secure the dog beforehand? Or did he just go into the bedroom and start stabbing the two blond ladies with the dog right there unsecure?

Seems logistically hard to secure the dog or keep it quiet without alerting all the houseguests.

Thoughts?

My tentative thought is that Kaylee secured her dog in her old bedroom. (She’d been at her parent’s house for the last couple of weeks, snd I didn’t get the impression that she was going to return to everyday life in Moscow.) I think the dog was supposed to be settled down for the night, there.

Then, in my theory, Kaylee settled down in her friend Maddie’s room, they compared notes on the evening, tried to call Kaylee’s ex boyfriend, and drifted off to sleep.

It will turn out to be blood.

It just takes gaps in caulk, drywall and insulation for blood like this to leak down to that foundation wall. It will go down and out the same way a draft sneak ups and in.

Someone likely died and bled out up against a wall. Doesn’t even have to be a massive amount of pooled blood either.
Do you speak from experience (I don't mean blood, obviously). Because I am absolutely convinced blood did not seep to the exterior wall. It doesn't seem remotely possible to me.

Wouldn't be the first time I was confidently wrong though.

I didn't mention my opinion one way or the other, however until he is found guilty in a court of law he should be considered innocent.
It's a fundamental legal principal that has been around since antiquity, through English common law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, American jurisprudence, The EU Constitution etc.

Why are you afraid to 'mention your opinion one way or the other' here?

The knife sheath is probably from the murder weapon, but I would not be shocked to learn otherwise. Given the suspect's field of study, I can easily see him leaving behind items to deliberately mislead police. That would be some ironic justice.

On the other hand, BK was dumb enough to bring along his phone, and apparently doesn't know that cameras are everywhere these days.
IMO, this is what makes me suspicious! Nobody is that stupid. There is something else at play here

“It is a fundamental legal principal“ Yes, that means in a court of law he must be presumed innocent.
It doesn’t mean in a True Crime online chat people are somehow breaking a law, or tradition, or disrespecting the law of the land if they share their personal opinion.
Why- because we also have Freedom of Speech. There is no limitation on my freedom of speech as an innocent person, not in custody for murder, to have my opinions hindered in any way. I am not his judge, jury, or attorney, nor am I a public figure with a platform that could defame him and prevent him from due process.
The moral high ground being taken here is simply Out of Line, and gas lighting.

When such moral high grounds attempt to hinder Freedom of Speech, and are broadly successful in doing so… an entirely different can of worms will have been opened that our forefathers tried to prevent. I for one will not sit and watch.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members