ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time reader, first time posting now. This may have already been discussed, dissected and dismissed, but is there any chance BK did food delivery like DoorDash/GrubHub as a side gig, and maybe he encountered M and/or X at the Mad Greek that way (picking up stuff as the delivery guy rather than being an actual customer getting his own food there)? Or putting the Mad Greek aside entirely, maybe he delivered food to that house in the past and initially encountered one or more of the girls that way?

There's been nothing I've seen reported that he was a delivery person, and no one has come out and said they knew about it or received a delivery from him, no.

In the affidavit, it said that the police had identified the Door Dash driver but does NOT state that it is BK. As it seems like something they would include if he was I am assuming he was not.

I think you're right because, so far, this man seems to have had no personal/social existence: no social media accounts, old prom pics, girlfriends shown with him in warm embraces on an instagram acct. No one has come forward to say anything kind or nice about him. He's a total nothing with only his parents and his criminal justice studies to recommend him.

well to be fair, if I came across a 28 year old working on their PhD and with loving parents but with no social media presence i would think they are doing well.

The only reason we consider him a nobody is because he committed these heinous crimes. And that too is fair.

I totally agree.

This also speaks to motive, and IMO reflects how very quickly these murders occurred.

IMO BK was stoked to get in and out very fast - commit his violence and then get away - because he was terrified of getting caught.

Most rapists/killers target a woman living alone. He was perfectly aware there were other people spread around the house, so he was taking a big risk.

I don't think he broke in expecting to leisurely take his time in killing everyone, as many theories assumed. He knew that everyone had their cellphones handy and could instantly lock themselves in and call 911 if they realized what was happening.

So I think he planned to break in, go upstairs and kill one or both women, and then exit the house. I think this reflects that he had been spying into their bedrooms all those months, from the side of the road. He couldn't see the other women's bedroom from that location.

I think the commotion that woke up DM was the murders happening above her bedroom. I don't think brutally stabbing two people is a silent operation: great force is being used, he's not tiptoeing around, gently poking. She thought maybe it was the dog jumping around.

I think Xana, being unexpectedly wide awake, came out to see what was happening and saw him starting to come down the stairs. And he saw her. She was alarmed, quickly terrified - he chased her into her room before she could call 911. But, luckily for DM, she froze and didn't attract his attention, so he didn't react to her as a threat - he was focussed on getting out and far away asap, as per his original plan.

JMO
Well thought-out and well said!

here's the sheath on a belt on a woman - already had the image to hand. Would like to know from Ranch if it's the same length.View attachment 393543

It’s definitely similar my family members.
Keep in mind, the new cookware could be as much of their own volition in respect for his dietary preferences and not him demanding it. I can imagine ...

Person 1: Oh, I'm Vegan
Person 2: Does that mean you can't eat in cookware that had been used to cook meat?
Person 1: Oh, well, technically, yes, but I dont want to go to that trouble
Person 2: It's no trouble at all!

How he met them is a wild guess anyway. Truly, I'm not sure it matters. This dude, in my opinion, was going to kill someone and no matter how it went down, somehow, someone or multiple in that house became an unlucky target or the unlucky targets

We only know relevant information that places him near the house but LE would know if he stalked other residences as well.

Certainly not something to be made public but definitely something interesting that be mentioned at a trial.

It did and depends on what word you are looking for "moving toward DM". BK exited through sliding door. DM room is in front of this path. Otherwise you cant see some ones eyebrows without they seing you.

If someone is standing in a dark room looking through a cracked door into a lighted area they could certainly see someone walking down the hall without being seen.

Ya the “with great accuracy” thing is greatly over exaggerated. There was a 1 or 2 day window after the crimes where a huge chunk of info/rumors dropped that all turned out to be true (now that the affidavit is out). And it’s the basis for a lot of the theories out there.

DMs version of events leaked around the 17th of November. The reason it was dismissed is because a lot of people couldnt rationalize the wait time to call LE.

Yes, I believe Gray Hughes said he got the email with the info on the 17th. There was also info in it that BK could not have known, so it clearly wasn't BK.

It's just a few steps from the Albertson's to the river, and possibly no cameras right there at the river. (I can't tell.) But I noticed something yesterday ...That's the Snake River, and downriver a ways, before Almota, is the Lower Granite Dam Fish Ladder.

I don't know exactly how fish ladders work on a river, but that might be a good place to look for a knife? JMO.
Yes. And Kate’s cup of Joe is a 4 minute veal to granite lake park where snake river is

Attachments

• 647ECABF-0AD3-4C8A-83B0-D63E04038162.jpeg
    647ECABF-0AD3-4C8A-83B0-D63E04038162.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 13
It's just a few steps from the Albertson's to the river, and possibly no cameras right there at the river. (I can't tell.) But I noticed something yesterday ...That's the Snake River, and downriver a ways, before Almota, is the Lower Granite Dam Fish Ladder.

I don't know exactly how fish ladders work on a river, but that might be a good place to look for a knife? JMO.
It looks like Albertson's is not a close walk to the river, but Kate's Cup of Joe, which is cited, is closer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_123356_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_123356_Maps.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
100% agree.

I believe IMO that X could have been attacked when retreating back to her bedroom from the living room, after spotting the perp. X was therefore attacked near the bedroom door which incapacitated her (the PCA states that DM "thought" it was crying on page 4, but the police statement could also be suggesting that it was different sounds linked to her injuries). I believe that she was on the threshold of the bedroom, close to the bathroom door - I suggested earlier in this thread, which others had respectfully has disagreed with, but I maintain that the PCA may IMO suggest on page 1 this positioning of her body.

E may not have been fully awake at this point and this is why he could also be attacked, and this may account for the voices and loud thud that is heard on the CCTV camera at 4:17am. As E was in the bedroom, this may not have been sufficient for DM to hear (or the PCA does not detail this part of her statement).

It may also explain why DM could hear crying and the "help you" comment that was allegedly made at that time by a male, most likely IMO the perp, as X was incapacitated close to the bedroom but in the living room, and thereby in closer earshot to DM. All JMO

So is it your view that the loud thud (it had to be loud to be heard 50 feet outside of the house) was Ethan's body hitting something? Like a wall? Forcefully shoved by BK back onto the bed? Or forcefully shoved onto the floor behind the bed? (There's a picture of the bedroom that shows what appears to be a queen bed that takes up most of the floor space, with walls on either side of it).

Just very curious about people's opinions about that thud. I view BK as very strong and muscular, quick moving and in some kind of hyper state at the time. Could he have thrown Xana? I doubt he could have thrown Ethan, but maybe shoved him?

IMHO, LE announced that the 2 surviving room mates were asleep and heard nothing was 1) to make perp think no one heard/saw anything and ; 2) to protect M.
100% agree. He was still out there and absolutely could’ve come for her to finish the job. I also think They have kept that 911 call for many reasons. I think we’re going to learn a lot more, maybe he told her to go back in her room and lock the door and don’t come out until such and such time.

That also may be one of the reasons why he returned that next morning, to make sure that she hadn’t called police or done anything by that time. I’m just throwing that out there but the point is we don’t know. They have kept that 911 call for many reasons. It may be that he didn’t see her, but I just don’t know how she could have seen him to the degree she did and he didn’t see a tall, blonde girl. That may even be part of the reason why he returned that next morning, to make sure that she hadn’t called police or done anything by that time. I do know people return to the place of the crime, and also, perhaps he was contemplating how he could go in and get that sheath or even her. I’m just throwing that out there but the point is we don’t know. There’s a lot to find out. A lot.

Yes. And Kate’s cup of Joe is a 4 minute veal to granite lake park where snake river is
If you Google granite lake park you can see pavilions gazebo like structures along the river and a little fishing bridge that goes into the water etc etc. I’d post pics but it says the files are too large. I’m guessing he disposed of the knife here

Thank you for sharing this. Wow. X and Es bedroom is a lot further away from DMs than I had assumed. I think it’s entirely possible BK did not see DM as he had tunnel vision to make that right turn and head out the door. I agree with an earlier poster that her “freeze” response likely saved her life.

And moving from the light of the Good Vibes sign into the dark around DM's bedroom could have contributed to him not seeing her.

Realized he left the sheath. Panicked and WENT BACK (which is why the weird turn arounds, etc). What dm heard-playing with dog-is him looking for sheath. Xana-still alive-says “someone is in here” and alerts e. BK hears that and decides it’s time to leave-but is discovered so killed x and e THEN. DM sees him leaving.

JMO Possible but I believe it was the sound of K&M being killed because the sound was load enough to wake DM up. If the killer was searching for the sheath I doubt he would have made enough noise to wake DM up.

100% agree. He was still out there and absolutely could’ve come for her to finish the job. I also think They have kept that 911 call for many reasons. I think we’re going to learn a lot more, maybe he told her to go back in her room and lock the door and don’t come out until such and such time.

That also may be one of the reasons why he returned that next morning, to make sure that she hadn’t called police or done anything by that time. I’m just throwing that out there but the point is we don’t know. They have kept that 911 call for many reasons. I think we’re going to learn a lot more, like maybe he told her to go back in her room and lock the door and don’t come out until such and such time. It may be that he didn’t see her, but I just don’t know how she could have seen him to the degree she did and he didn’t see a tall, blonde girl. That may even be part of the reason why he returned that next morning, to make sure that she hadn’t called police or done anything by that time. I do know people return to the place of the crime, and also, perhaps he was contemplating how he could go in and get that sheath or even her. I’m just throwing that out there but the point is we don’t know. There’s a lot to find out. A lot.
Good thinking, I never thought about that! It’s possible he threatened her and forbid her to call police
It’s totally possible, BUT i still don’t think he saw her based on the direction he was coming from (from the den) and where he was headed to the the kitchen on his right. She was slightly ahead of him on his left. She got a good look at him like a guest in a pew at a wedding gets a good look at a bride coming down the aisle, but he was only focused on making that right into the kitchen. The bride isn’t looking at all the guests, she just walking looking straight ahead not to her side. In his case, he was looking straight then to his right to make the turn into the kitchen

Last edited:
BK and DM met face to face according to affidavit. That's how she saw the bushy eyebrows. He spared her life because the targets were killed. That's most logical.
The affidavit says she opened her door and he was walking towards her and passed her. It does not say how far it was open or that she in any way left her room. It could very well have been a small crack that he didn’t notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member