ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT to continue, somehow I posted before I was done.

I have to wonder if BK used night vision goggles while stalking the house prior to the actual murders and whether or not he used them when inside the house. Joseph Duncan, IIRC, stalked the Groene family for two days, using night vision, prior to breaking in and killing several victims.

I also wonder, as everyone is wondering, why this house and these victims? I do believe he was a born killer, IMO, and lusted for murdering for some time. But, he could have chosen so many other isolated houses in the Pullman/Moscow area that did not have neighbors. There are very many rural residences all over the Palouse area. So, that leads me to think he did in fact, for whatever reason, choose these victims for his murderous acts. And perhaps his reason was as simple as wanting his crime to be very high profile, and killing 4 young unrelated college students in a small town would, and has, attracted enormous attention. Perhaps killing a random family located in the middle of nowhere,(which would have been easier, IMO), would have indeed been horrific but maybe not as sensationalized.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I don't think he'll have the decency to confess all before a trial. I think he'll want the full trial experience, so to speak.
I also thought this, that his love of/interest in criminology was part of the motivation for killing four people - to "experience a crime" - then it would follow that he would want the experience to continue right through the trial, sentencing, and punishment. After all, this is what he has studied.
On some level I wonder if this was an 'academic exercise' for him - his studies and research put him at a remove from the reality of crime (reading vs. doing), so this was an experiment. How it felt, to plan and carry out the murders. He seems detached, as if he is observing this happening. Not remorseful, or scared. Just detached and observing. I also think that seems exactly the type to write a book. m00

The sheath most likely was never attached to his belt.
I finally found a pic of the backside of the sheath to see how it attaches to the belt. It appears that it couldn't accidentally unsnap itself since once on as you have to slide it on and off. My guess is so you don't accidentally drop or lose it. *eyeroll @ BK* (he's such a dumb bunny lucky for LE)

The leather is folded over and sewn together. That said, he had to have held it in his hand which is VERY STUPID!!! Lucky for LE though. ;)

1673114075350.png1673113533061.png

And I apologize that the link doesn't go directly to the pics. The URL doesn't change when I click though which is a pet peeve of mine when I want to give someone a direct link!!! Click on '36 answered questions", then scroll a little bit till you see some pics, then click on "See all customer images".

MOO, considering BK had only moved to WA sometime over the summer, prior to university fall semester starting, the August 21 traffic stop confirms that he was familiarizing himself with Moscow very early on. IMO, he crossed paths in Moscow with one or more of the girls and began stalking them not long after moving to WA. I agree with others who say, the Mad Greek was a likely place he may have initially observed M or X. Although workers at MG say they don’t recognize BK, and that’s very possible. He may have only gone there once, saw either M or X, and started stalking initially from the MG parking lot and then followed her home, starting the obsession. I have no doubt he watched the house from afar for quite sometime, knew their bedrooms, knew who owned which car, knew their patterns, knew when no one was home, watched their parties, and probably entered the unlocked house at least once when no one was there. There may be many, many more than the 12 times LE detected his car drive by the house, but his phone was off or not with him.
Ohhhh i didn’t know the other workers said they didn’t recognize him. That changes my waitressing kindness theory…

There are many theories but If he/BK wanted to kill, he had searched all rooms. Affidavit states that he had been stalking 12 times, so he might know the other room mates. But I stick to LE's target theory. The target has died and the killer want to get out as fast as possible.
There is only one person who knows the answer and I suspect he's not going to tell us or LE even if we send him a nice letter.

IMO if he saw here she would have been dead. I think he had tunnel vision looking at the door and getting out. Also may have been in a confused state, I think he came to kill or assault MM and ended up killing 4. Confused from the plan change.
This reminds me of that youtube video you can watch, which asks you to follow a basketball game and count the passes - and only the second time through do you see the gorilla walking around!

The brain can only process one or two things at a time. If you are focussed on one thing (like websleuths), you don't notice anything else.

I was an undergrad TA at one of the largest universities in the country.

I was given course credit and a $400 tiny stipend. I had an army of ATAs under me that only got course credit and no stipend.

Grad student TAs are likely a different story.
I wasn't counting "undergradate TAs" which aren't common, and anything that involves getting course credit will not be deemed employment. Grad students generally are paid to do the work and are taxed accordingly.

I think K was in her room and walked in on him killing M due to Murphy making noise.

BK had sheath in left hand and when he threw K in to bed the sheath went with her.
That's why Steve Goncalves said "Their points of damage don't match". Maybe he grabbed her from behind.
Its just a theory but also explains why Murphy was in Ks room.
I think she went to sleep with Murphy
Interesting theory. They have said no sign of SA. What if he had plans to SA MM. Undid his belt and then before he had time to carry it out KG heard him and interrupted and a struggle ensued dislodging the sheath?

Here’s a house layout of all the rooms that may help visualize. You can move the images around with your finger if on a mobile device.

Virtual Tour of 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho
So he had to roam around the main floor a bit - how did he encounter Xana/Ethan - once he comes downstairs from the top floor, the natural move would be to just exit. It is complicated to get to Xana's room because it's tucked away off the living room. He has to come down the stairs, go all the way through the living room, then turn around after killing X/E and come back and then out the sliding doors.

The likely original source of “shocked” was a purported friend who leaked info on Reddit. I won’t go into the details because I don’t think it’s kosher with the rules.

I’m a gigantic skeptic of these kind of rumors but the post was probably one of the most convincing.

It’s slowly being confirmed. If one of the two survivors turns out to be the unconscious person in the 911 call then the entire leaked post is true.
I'm talking two different incidents. Of course she would pass out after discovering her friend dead in the morning.

For me, it doesn't really matter whether X was in the bedroom or the hallway, it matters that she was nearer the door and E was inside the bedroom. Not only is their positions significant in how DM could hear things, as you pointed out, but it matters whether X or E had a point of escape. If, for example, BK was killing E in front of the doorway, blocking X's way out, she might have been crying as she watched what was happening, thus DM hearing that. BUT, X was the one near the door. Unless the crying was from E (and it actually is not specified in the PCA), then I have to wonder why X would stand in the doorway and cry while E was getting murdered. Maybe in fear, that's exactly what she did, and that would not be her fault, but it's the placement of their bodies along with the thud, crying, and "it's okay" comment that makes me lean more towards an initial injury to X before his attack on E. One of the families said the coroner said it was a battle in that room...I think because both E and X were awake and aware.

Side note: I kind of wonder if one thing that was not in the PCA but that LE used for a timeline was texts between the roommates. If X heard a commotion upstairs, maybe she texted K or M...something like that.
I believe for this investigation, the position of the bodies is very important to understanding the sequence of events and criminal act. In addition to what I have said before, I believe that E was asleep at the relevant time of the attacks and X was in the living room eating. I also believe she was not "crying" but had been incapacitated, and these were the noises heard by DM. I believe DM heard X, and not E, due to the positioning of the bodies and the location of her room. Who knows if X had a view of E being attacked, but I find it hard to think she watched it or could still stand.

Side note: I believe there would have been very little time to send text messages to K or M, once the assault turned towards X in the living room, IMO, although there may be some texts that were relevant.

Interesting. Totally plausible but since the PCA says they were both found in the same single bed that would have required a lot of interesting things for that to happen. Attaching the bed size chart
I’m wondering if the LEO meant the “ only “ bed in the room.

He doesn’t say in “a” single bed. He says “ the “ single bed.

JMO

Page 2

89C5F2C1-44E3-4E1A-B801-2BA971411002.jpeg

That's my first thought. He went for a drive in the morning, drove by the house to see if there was any police activity yet. Went near the river to dump evidence. I wonder if he just disposed of the knife or what he did with his clothes and shoes. Did he buy new Vans/shoes around the same time to replace his murder shoes? I would like to see his purchases from at least August 2022 forward.
I wonder what clues his apartment drain held after going home to clean up and shower between visits.

He just killed four people. Why would he spare D's life? He may have killed X merely because she was a witness. So again why would he spare D's, another witness, life? Imo. D was not killed because he didn't see her. Imo.
i think he came to kill 4, and not 5.
Linking NYT article, not because it proves that but gives some useful background on his academic topics of interest

i also believe he saw her but she was inconsequential to his plan, thereby moot to his purposes.

I'm not sure that proves why DM was spared. The roommate on the first floor was spared as well. Imo, because she wasn't seen by BK either. Neither of them were. Imo.

It is odd because her door is the very first bedroom he arrives at as he enters the home and from the affidavit, it appears her door was unlocked at that stage
( only thing which can explain it for me is that he was mainly targeting the 3rd floor occupants)

eta

or he had fixated on rehearsed plan to work each floor top- down

Last edited:
I had to check too, lol. It does basically say that!

"The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase".
This could also mean she was having trouble understanding what she was seeing. Like she had just woken up and peeked out and was shocked and confused to see someone at that hour? Like a “OMG WHO IS THAT” but still being very unaware of the actual danger he represented. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member