ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found those posts heartbreaking. Not for the man who allegedly committed these monstrous acts and ruined so many lives forever, but for that poor teen boy who was suffering and struggling. I have a son the age that BK was when he posted this (if this is indeed him) and there’s nothing “creepy” about this young person pouring out their pain to strangers on the internet. He was so eloquent and self-aware about his symptoms too. So terribly sad, I agree that the system failed him.
I was wondering the opposite, that he had extensive therapy. Do you know he wasn't treated and I missed it?

Lets say the killer does have a plan of pulling off the perfect murder. That plan is to get arrested and charged because of the evidence that was allegedly left behind, however to be found not guilty because of that same alleged evidence?

Now THAT would indeed be the perfect crime...would it not?

Could BCK be smarter than we may think... many of his past teachers and classmates have said he is very intelligent, it does seem that BCK has put in the effort and done the due diligence to attempt such an plan. IDK Im just speculating
The PLAN might have been smart but the execution was a prosecutor's dream, IMHO.

People known for lengthy, wordy "all-knowing" explanations and pontifications like this guy are insecure poseurs IME.

Intelligence has many dimensions. He's missing some that are very important.

Maybe it will get all twisted in court & that one juror who can't agree will hold out. If so, it will be the prosecution's failure, not the defendant's amazing abilities to plan & execute the crimes that leads to that result.

JMO

If the screenshots on HTC are indeed from BK, which IMO they are, he was and could still be suffering from severe mental illness. The system has failed him. IMO, this should not be a capital punishment case. Members on forums that shall not be named here reference these screenshots as "creepy." That is not an adjective I would use to describe someone allegedly suffering as BK was. It's just sad.
I get what you're saying, there's nothing creepy about a boy seeking help, trying to get better, realising that his mental health is deteriorating and feeling desperate about it. The system absolutely failed him as it fails a lot of people all the time, and it's tragic and people get punished while the system pats itself on the pack when punishment is administered.

However, if he's punished (in whatever way), it will be because of what he's done to 4 innocent victims and not because of what he's been unfairly suffering for so many years.

How accurate are the GPS pings? Defense won’t be able to say “BK was in the area dealing drugs” or something right? In the Delphi case the pings for RL were “in the area of the bridge” but really were probably just RL at home. Anyway, I guess what I’m wondering is, are there more towers in the Moscow area to actually put him at the victims house the 12 previous times?
I also wonder if the pings they tracked showed he had other targeted residences he was keeping an eye on.

I was wondering the opposite, that he had extensive therapy. Do you know he wasn't treated and I missed it?
No, you are right… I guess it’s just assumption and jumping to conclusions on my part. That perhaps the symptoms he talks about in these posts still existed today and maybe played a role in everything.

At approximately 4:17 a,m., a security camera located at 1112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1 122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle's
bedroom,

again, at approximately 4:17 doesn’t seem right. It would give exact time on a camera. Dog barking is definite at 4:17. 50 ft is pretty far to pick up talking inside another house bedroom through the wall. Ipeople would have to be really loud I would think and the neighbors camera should have a lot more picked up sounds over periods of time than that.

Dog didn’t even start barking until 417.

Has anyone looked up the definition of a thud noise?

To me, this is extremely important. The word chosen here for an affidavit would need to be relevant. Why not crash, thump or any other choice. Loud Thud is pretty specific

You would be surprised. If you look it up there is a big difference between loud vs dull vs thump vs thud.

If any English majors could give i opinion would appreciate it.

As I’m sure, a lot of people will say “don’t pick on semantics. It’s just a description, etc”. But I don’t think people realize how every sentence in an affidavit could be picked apart by a great defense to put doubt.

Just saying.

I’ve seen people on here putting people down for trying to decipher a comma or no comma to find meaning.

Look how long humans have and still do bible study page by page to decipher meaning.

Ah yes you're right, thanks!
It's mentioned in this very long, interesting post

"I can't talk without flinching now. I used to be this healthy blonde haired boy with blue eyes, and in a few years I have darker hair and darker eyes, half the body weight"

Seems that perhaps his weight fluctuated often? MOO, IMO etc
Original Visual-Snow or Static forum-Can you relate?

" I feel like an organic sack of meat with no self worth, as I am starting to view everyone as this."

She probably didn't say "I woke up at approximately 4 am" that is most likely how the officer worded it in the document. Originally could mean a few things as in she originally woke up at that time 4am and then some other time later. Or she was originally in that room and went to a different room later.
I understand what you are saying and that’s how most people think about most things. We all do that.

What I’m saying is that the difference between dm state and that’s what the officer wrote is the difference of getting the whole thing thrown out. In a trial every word in that will be questioned.

The way it’s written is IMPERATIVE

Reactions: IDK
I’ve seen some videos on YouTube by different people in LE how easy it is to get in a sliding door. Also a chance they didn’t lock doors. Very probably in a college party house.

Owners of house can only do so much, residents may or may not lock doors or use these features. Another report by a friend of students said the code for front door was often disabled.
When girls got home they most likely let Murphy the dog out to do his business and they possibly didn't lock the door or not fully locking it. There's a reason why poles are available to buy or you can fashion one for those slider doors. They're very easy to jimmy open.

There's a picture of a fingerprint tech and flashlight holder working on that little window to the right of the slider door. It's possible he got in that way. He's skinny enough. AJMO

She did not 'identify' BK. She desribed to the police the characteristics of the person she saw that night when she was interviewed after the crime. The bushy eyebrows description was in the PCA. Everyone else, LE, etc are the ones making the connection.
IMO, there are others with much bushier eyebrows.
The PLAN might have been smart but the execution was a prosecutor's dream, IMHO.

People known for lengthy, wordy "all-knowing" explanations and pontifications like this guy are insecure poseurs IME.

Intelligence has many dimensions. He's missing some that are very important.

Maybe it will get all twisted in court & that one juror who can't agree will hold out. If so, it will be the prosecution's failure, not the defendant's amazing abilities to plan & execute the crimes that leads to that result.

JMO
IMO. Yes. Emotional Intelligence.

She could have looked at the clock. If it was 3:55 or 4:05, she might have said "about 4." Or she may have looked at the clock after she went back to bed and saw that it was 4:10 or so and knew she must have awakened at about 4.
The thing about that is that she would have been interviewed a zillion times before doing that affidavit. I don’t think people realize that entire cases can be lost due to one 5 word sentence.

Is there some reason a hack saw with special blade couldn't have been used to cut the knife in small pieces? Google says it's carbon steel. I asked this yesterday but I don't think anyone answered me. I've used a hacksaw to cut pretty hefty locks open, it takes awhile but he had time and adrenaline.
Yes, but why all the trouble? He might simply have dropped it in a trash bin immediately after the murder. It's probably rusting in a landfill, even as we speak.

At approximately 4:17 a,m., a security camera located at 1112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1 122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle's
bedroom,

again, at approximately 4:17 doesn’t seem right. It would give exact time on a camera.
It really doesn't need to be that precise for a PC affidavit. Maybe the thud was heard at 4:17:02 and the dog barked at 4:17:54. They will give themselves an ample window when the crime could have been committed. The finite details will come at trial.

bedroom,

again, at approximately 4:17 doesn’t seem right. It would give exact time on a camera. Dog barking is definite at 4:17. 50 ft is pretty far to pick up talking inside another house bedroom through the wall. Ipeople would have to be really loud I would think and the neighbors camera should have a lot more picked up sounds over periods of time than that.

Dog didn’t even start barking until 417.

Has anyone looked up the definition of a thud noise?

To me, this is extremely important. The word chosen here for an affidavit would need to be relevant. Why not crash, thump or any other choice. Loud Thud is pretty specific

You would be surprised. If you look it up there is a big difference between loud vs dull vs thump vs thud.

If any English majors could give i opinion would appreciate it.

As I’m sure, a lot of people will say “don’t pick on semantics. It’s just a description, etc”. But I don’t think people realize how every sentence in an affidavit could be picked apart by a great defense to put doubt.

Just saying.

I’ve seen people on here putting people down for trying to decipher a comma or no comma to find meaning.

Look how long humans have and still do bible study page by page to decipher meaning.
If ring cameras catch talking in the next house then I’m thinking they are a violation of privacy. I’m assuming they picked up the dog but no talking. IMHO

If the screenshots on HTC are indeed from BK, which IMO they are, he was and could still be suffering from severe mental illness. The system has failed him. IMO, this should not be a capital punishment case. Members on forums that shall not be named here reference these screenshots as "creepy." That is not an adjective I would use to describe someone allegedly suffering as BK was. It's just sad.
I read through all those posts and, yes, they are quite alarming. Demons in his head, waking up to the sound of screams in his head, dissociation (feeling like nothing is real), extreme depression, suicidal ideation. No 15-16 year old should feel that way.

It does seem like he was getting some kind of help. He mentions a neurologist, eye doctors, an MRI. I wonder if he was telling the doctors and his parents ALL his symptoms or just the visual snow that was driving him crazy? Those posts about not wanting to live anymore would have gotten him committed if he'd said those things to a doctor. Who knows, maybe it did. The friend who talked about rehab and such may have been misled to think he had an addiction rather than a severe mental illness.

I think as people start digging through his old e-mail addresses (like this one) we are going to see other posts on other boards come to light. And it's not going to be pretty. My opinions only.

No, you are right… I guess it’s just assumption and jumping to conclusions on my part. That perhaps the symptoms he talks about in these posts still existed today and maybe played a role in everything.
I don't know either way, but his parents seem loving, and I extended that towards BK. Maybe we'll find out one day?

His first post was in 2009, in which he states he is 14 turning 15 in 21 days time. The last activity on the account was in 2012.
It is a bit strange, the profile pic, but who knows if he used an old photo. Was he confirmed to be overweight when he was 14? I can't recall.

*ETA: I keep forgetting to say MOO, I gotta get used to that yeesh
From what I recall the overweight changed in 2012, around the time his blog finished.
If earlier reports are true, he was bullied throughout high school, detoxed or bootcamped and returned for his final year having slimmed down and with a new aggressive attitude, but these early reports were sourced from one girl mainly.. Probably they contain a thread of accuracy. Not the whole story

So his writings contained in this lengthy document/diatribe/exploration would have covered the years he had been bullied and his heroin years, if indeed his heroin use extended this far..
So he's writing through the filters of the bullied child and also through the heroin filter.
Heroin takes the pain away and many addicts are medicating trauma with it..
they're not taking it for fun..
there is of course a possibility that this will be used as his manifesto, his insurance against what would almost seem inevitable in hindsight.
But is not, really.

anyways, no mental health defense in Idaho, but at the same time there is provision, kinda from what I gather.

I can't remember where I read it but I seem to remember his family filing bankruptcy twice. Stands to reason they could have had to sell out and move.
1995 and 2010. The records can be found here: PACER: Login According to the 2010 filing, they surrendered their real estate as part of the bankruptcy (I didn't check the 1995 records). I feel bad for them. Many of us have been through tough financial times in the past. However, one would be remiss if they didn't acknowledge what sort of impact this event could have had on an emotionally fragile child. NOT to excuse his actions, which he took as an adult...but to recognize some of the factors that led up him being resentful, collecting grievances, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member