ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the owner claims he was never there and Prosecutors bring up evidence he was and a former employee as a witness he was there and had interacted with M or X I would hope they wouldn't claim it as fabricated to the public that is my fear.
Reporters are going to go there and ask questions and the owner is free to not answer them.
The statement they made is not going to stop journalists from investigating.
I haven't read the statement, does the owner qualify with "to the best of my knowledge" or "right now, as far as I am a aware" or "I have no knowledge at this time" or similar? I have sympathy for anyone being hounded, if that is what is ocurring here, by the media. I'd imagine LE is in the midst of trying to collate evidence for the case which might include interviewing those the victims worked with. It would be preferable, to my mind, if they could do this in peace and with subjects who are not overwhelmed by their grief and media attention. Perhaps we sometimes forget that the crimes took place only two months ago. MOO

Agreed. I think she is overwhelmed, and frustrated and doesn't want the phone calls or media attention.
Maybe close for a weekend or week until the media attention dies down.
They closed for awhile right after the murders.

No one should have to give up their income due to intrusive, unwanted media attention. I doubt every person working there is independently wealthy.

I'm not sure if you've looked at their public Facebook page, but they are now seriously short staffed and having to open with reduced hours a lot. While that has happened to them before, I surmise the media (and other sleuthing) invasion isn't helping with their current turnover rate. Who wants a reporter or YTer or wannabe in your face all the time?

Sorry. :) I have a passion for small business and spend hundreds of hours each year helping in any way I can to help them succeed.

All my irate opinion. ;) Anger not directed at you, but at outside forces that undermine small businesses for their own click bait.

<modsnip - SM page not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder about the claims of BK being at the Mad Greek, LE was seen collecting surveillance video from the restaurant. I guess time will tell. If LE was collecting video, it seems that LE wanted to follow up on wait staff's comments about BK at the restaurant.

Quote: "Investigators are aware of Kohberger's visits to the restaurant and have interviewed employees and the owners of Mad Greek. They have also collected surveillance video from the restaurant and surrounding businesses.".

The People article doesn't say what date LE were at the restaurant interviewing employees and the owner of Mad Greek. It's possible, IMO, that LE were there very early on after the murders since Maddie and Xana worked there and this would have likely been part of LE's investigation early on.

The People article doesn't say that LE were at the restaurant right after the murders, or that they were there after this "former employee" came out and said he saw BK ordering pizza at the restaurant.

I don't believe her. I think she doesn't want her restaurant involved & is in grief over the terrible losses of Maddie & Xana. Plus, she's been harassed, which adds to her pushback IMO.

"People" magazine has a source. I assume they vetted that source. Could they have been lied to? Sure. Whether BK came in contact with M and/or X there is unknown. But he could have eaten there.

LE could know something the restaurant owner doesn't know. And refuses to believe.

JMHO
It's also possible that the owner of Mad Greek knows something about the "former employee" and why this is a complete "fabrication." She could say more, it appears, but she chooses not to. I think she is taking the high road here, but is clearly very frustrated, to say the least.

But how would the owner know if BK never visited her restaurant? He could have stopped in briefly and bought food or a drink with cash. Or even sat at a store next door stalking the girls and another employee recognized him as a patron that would stare or stood out somehow.
There's absolutely NO WAY she can say without a doubt he NEVER visited.
She'd have to go over a year's worth of security cameras and credit card receipts. Doubtful she did.
I understand she wants her privacy but she cannot know for a fact he never visited.
Depending on the restaurant's computer inventory system, she could search July through November 2022 for vegan pizzas run through the system and checks indicating one customer. Obviously that couldn't help her find him if he came in every day for tea and gawked at the staff, but the ex-employee says he was there at least twice for a vegan pizza and with a half-decent point-of-sale system, the owner can account for every vegan pizza sold during the months BK lived there.

It sounds strange to me that LE didn't immediately ask for surveillance video from all victims' workplaces.

We don't have any indication that they did or didn't investigate workplaces nor do we know what effort was put into the food truck video or the bar the girls were at the night of the murders.

It's also possible that the owner of Mad Greek knows something about the "former employee" and why this is a complete "fabrication." She could say more, it appears, but she chooses not to. I think she is taking the high road here, but is clearly very frustrated, to say the least.

You could be right. I know if one of my ex employees made a statement of this nature, I would be able to narrow it down in less than 10 minutes.

I totally agree! It's an odd assertion to make at this point, that now they're going to look at footage.
What footage from January 2023 could possibly be relevant to a crime that occurred on 13 Nov 2022? As far as building case, I'd imagine LE investigators might be interested in any footage prior to Nov 13. AFAIK or can surmise per PCA, BK either didn't return to the MOScow Area between NOV 14 and mid Dec 2022 or if he did it was minus phone/turned off. But anyway, I guess the point is that LE would have collected all available and relevant footage by now IMO. EBM
MOO

Last edited:
But how would the owner know if BK never visited her restaurant? He could have stopped in briefly and bought food or a drink with cash. Or even sat at a store next door stalking the girls and another employee recognized him as a patron that would stare or stood out somehow.
There's absolutely NO WAY she can say without a doubt he NEVER visited.
She'd have to go over a year's worth of security cameras and credit card receipts. Doubtful she did.
I understand she wants her privacy but she cannot know for a fact he never visited.
I'm not sure the owner is saying BK never came in (though many small business owners with reliable staff would know this, oddly enough.). I think the owner is saying that this former employee never saw any such thing. As in, the owner knows who the former employee is, knows this person to be a person who lies to get attention and/or money and for that reason believes what the former employee is saying is not true. This is all MOO. If that former employee is the ONLY person who saw BK at that time, isn't THAT weird? No one else saw him? No employee or customer?

But in any case, reporters should just leave the poor restaurant alone or at least be respectful enough not to bother people at home. All MOO.

My opinion , source: my husband ( again his opinion )

My husband and so. Hunt. We All fish. We use different knives for both. We butcher and prepare our own deer meat. My husband keeps our knives extremely sharp. He keeps all of our knives in leather sheaths because he says that it helps protect the cutting edges keeping them sharp vs hitting the surface of plastic against the cutting edge possibly causing burrs or nicks.
My own personal knowledge relating to cutting edges is from my past employment as a machinist and cutter-grinder of tooling ( drills, saws etc )

Leather sheath info is OPINION

IMO it would be very strange if BK never set foot in a restaurant selling vegan pizza or other vegan food.

And add to it that 2 employees of this restaurant were murdered allegedly by him.

I don't get the accusation of a former worker allegedly wanting 5 mins of fame.
What???
Was this person even named?

I guess all mysteries will be revealed during a trial (whenever it might be).

JMO

The People article doesn't say what date LE were at the restaurant interviewing employees and the owner of Mad Greek. It's possible, IMO, that LE were there very early on after the murders since Maddie and Xana worked there and this would have likely been part of LE's investigation early on.

The People article doesn't say that LE were at the restaurant right after the murders, or that they were there after this "former employee" came out and said he saw BK ordering pizza at the restaurant.
Yes, there are a lot of unknowns, but it's still early on, it will all come out eventually. I just found it odd that one of the restaurant owners stated that BK was not there at all, and one of the restaurant employees had so much detail about BK, what he ordered, etc. I wonder what the surveillance cameras from the restaurant showed.

Ok this is really nitpicky, but DM didn’t see BK walk out of the house. She saw him walk in the direction where the sliding glass door is in the kitchen, according to affidavit.
I like it and you are correct. I was assuming she saw him walk out. So it’s definitely possible she’d already locked the door to her room and missed seeing him attempt to clean up before walking out.

I've been reading up on this story and trying to keep up. This here is completely insane not 1 but 4 people was murder and no one saw or heard anything that could just nail this case. I mean easier said in done but 4 people in one house. I can't seem to wrap my head around this. No evidence of any kind left behind? Like fingerprints,DNA something. As well as if this is one person to have done this definitely need to get inside of this profile of this person. I'm a huge observer

It sounds strange to me that LE didn't immediately ask for surveillance video from all victims' workplaces.
Just noticed a photo included in the story that shows LE visiting MG restaurant. It is dated Nov 17th underneath the photo. JMO

Just noticed a photo included in the story that shows LE visiting MG restaurant. It is dated Nov 17th underneath the photo. JMO

I also noticed that, but we don't know if LE were there due to harassment of employees or owner by media or other persons, or if this was a visit to interview staff/owner and ask for video surveillance, etc.

I like it and you are correct. I was assuming she saw him walk out. So it’s definitely possible she’d already locked the door to her room and missed seeing him attempt to clean up before walking out.

I think there is more to her statement that hasn't been released. There are snippets of sounds she heard and I would be very certain that LE would have asked questions about hearing him leave, how long it may have taken him to depart, sounds of running water, etc. She may have even been able to indicate if any bath or kitchen towels were missing that may have been used to wrap an unsheathed knife.

Both roommates have lived in the house long enough to know if a bedroom was missing a pillow or pillowcase, which could also be used to wrap an unsheathed knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926