ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's likely because the landlord allowed it with the letter. But the laws themselves don't protect for emotional support animals. They are considered different from service animals and in my experience, many doctors won't write letters for them.
According to the University of Idaho Housing information, “Federal law (Fair Housing Act) allows individuals with disabilities the presence of emotional support animals in university housing.” In the university setting where I work, the “off campus apartments” collaborate with the university relating to policies and rules to be consistent. The emotional support animal is considered an accommodation in most university settings. I personally have students with cats and dogs that serve as ESAs. The animals aren’t considered service animals and they also aren’t considered pets. Somewhere in between.

Or didn't know they were there.
Or 2 were targeted and when the other two came home they were collateral damage.
MOO: The killer came prepared, knew the house layout and would have had an idea of who was there and who was not.

I think that instead of “collateral damage,” wiping out the housemates in their home was part of the thrill.

JMO and grains of salt, etc.

Updated: 4:34 PM PST November 16, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho — The Moscow Police Department (MPD) has been tight-lipped since the beginning of the homicide investigation into the four University of Idaho students but has now delivered major updates to the public in a press conference held earlier this evening
What police know:
  • Early in the evening, victims Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were at a party on campus away from the crime scene. Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves were at a bar and came home at approximately 1:45 a.m.
  • Police who arrived on the scene were there for a wellness check. Instead, officers found the four victims and other people who were not hurt.
  • The victims had all been stabbed with a knife. Police do now know if they were attacked with the same weapon. An autopsy is taking place.
  • Officers say there was no sign of forced entry into the residence. When the police arrived, the door was still open.
  • Officers continue to reiterate that this was an isolated, targeted attack.
  • Officers say they have no suspect. They also can't say there's no threat to the community.
  • Officers say the roommates of the victims were in the home at the time of the attack and were not hurt. Police say they don't know why the other two roommates weren't harmed.
  • Officers did not divulge who the 911 caller is.
  • There was no attempt at a robbery.

What MPD does not know:
  • An accurate timeline of where the victims were before their deaths.
  • The location of the suspect or the weapon.

I was surprised that answers were given to certain questions. The transparency almost made me uneasy, not used to it...more on that later.

I think there was a lot that was said, and a lot that was not said.

So I'm trying to figure out the layout of this house. Was it a basement living area, first floor, and second floor? I've seen references to the "third" level, and I assume that is actually the second story? Anyway, that's how we would describe such a house in the area where I live.

When I think about the two roommates, I think about William Garrettson, the caretaker of Sharon Tate's property. He lived in a cottage next to the house and woke up that morning to see LAPD around the house and bodies outside on the lawn. There were persons in the area that night that heard screams from quite a distance away per Vincent Bugliosi's book, "Helter Skelter". One of the Manson members who was the lookout and later a witness for the prosecution stated she was concerned that the amount and volume of noise was going to lead to LE to the scene. And yet Garrettson, right next to the scene, stated he didn't have a clue that the murders were going on.

Sorry to be gory but I have heard large amounts of blood would have a distinctive disturbing odor....roommates would have smelled?
I’ve been in lots of crime scenes and IMO it has an odor if you know what you’re smelling for. College kids living in an older house probably were used to stale smells.

Late to the party but has anyone shared this?

Thank you.

This is all speculation, but what makes most sense IMO is that either Madison and Kaylee OR Xana and Ethan were followed home or somehow targeted for attack. IMO, it makes most sense if it was Madison and Kaylee on their trip back from the food truck.

I know Kaylee's sister said she took the dog out -- not sure if this was just her routine so her sister is assuming, or if she was maybe seen on video footage taking the dog out. Maybe someone followed the girls home and was waiting outside for a chance to get into the house. Maybe they entered after they took the dog out, or maybe (more likely IMO) they waited for the lights to go out and then entered.

I think it's most likely that the intruder entered on the second floor and attacked either Kaylee or Madison in a bedroom room there, which was heard by Ethan who tried to go to the rescue, running into the intruder himself. The intruder would then have been able to attack the other two victims as well.

Or maybe Kaylee and Madison made it home first, took the dog out, and went to bed. Then Ethan and Xana had someone follow them into the home or enter soon after they arrived. Maybe Ethan was still in the general living space and tried to fight, or heard something while he was in bed and decided to check it out.

I think it's completely reasonable that the surviving girls were in the bedrooms on the ground floor and just weren't found or had their doors locked. I think it's reasonable that they might have slept with a white noise machine or with headphones in and just didn't hear anything.

This is one of the most disturbing cases I've ever heard. Hoping for a quick arrest.

Here’s my takeaways from the news conference:

1. Two other roommates were home when police arrived.
2. No visible damage to exterior access points.
3. Door was unlocked when police arrived.
4. No party at this location Sat night. (Does not mean there wasn’t an altercation of some type.)

My Analysis:

LE will interview everyone they possibly can and look for discrepancies in the testimony and/or details only someone at the scene would know. Sadly, mentally ill people will often confess to crimes they didn’t commit so it’s important to keep some details confidential.

There are a lot of people to interview:

2 roommates;
people at food truck;
attendees at Greek function earlier Saturday;
person who called 911.
Neighbors.
Uber driver(s);
co-workers;
roommates of the young man (if any) or frat brothers.
Previous love interests

Police will likely interview witnesses several times looking for discrepancies.

My spidey sense is tingling at a possible scenario…Motive? Means? Opportunity? Also fits the reason LE is relatively confident no threat exists to general public. LE needs a confession before naming names. Let’s see who lawyers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling