ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, was thinking about those games too or bar or eatery. Wonder if he was creeping around on the fringes and sidelines if not blended in.

I really want to know when he got to Moscow. That night, that weekend, that week?

Moscow was about ten miles from where he lived, so I’m not sure what your last question means?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

We have a non-blood ex-relative (an aunt who used to be a part of the family via marriage but is now divorced) quoted in the news as saying he was OCD about being vegan. That’s it as far as anything remotely related to his mental health, right? Or is there something I’m missing?

AND we don’t know when this “OCD” was taking place (when he was 15, last year, last month …???) - plus, was he really diagnosed with OCD or was the aunt just using that term casually (which is really common)? And how well did this ex-aunt know him in the first place?
I don't think she was saying he was clinically OCD; oftentimes that's just an expression applied when people act a bit too zealously over anything to the point where it seems they do it or think of it to excess.

Generally you take any opportunity you can to delay (if guilty lol). Only reason I can see for not fighting extradition is if the conditions where he is currently locked up are for some reason thought to be worse than Idaho’s accommodations.
Or if he doesn't want to be near his home and deal with his family.

Generally you take any opportunity you can to delay (if guilty lol). Only reason I can see for not fighting extradition is if the conditions where he is currently locked up are for some reason thought to be worse than Idaho’s accommodations.

What arguments can someone use to fight extradition?

I'm not sure he actually knew them. He might have been part of the Moscow night life and somehow ended up at the "party house" which he subsequently thought might be a good place to commit murder.
Yet one of the victims purportedly had deeper wounds, which imo means he had some sort of prior interaction with her.
He might be smart, but he also shows signs of narcissistic personality disorder that might interfere with his functioning. I believe he truly thought he would get away with it because he believes he is just "better" than other people. That he knew soooo much about criminology that the small town cops would never figure it out.

Reminds me of Chandler Halderson, the little narcissist who killed (+dismembered) his parents and took great pains to cover it up, but made many stupid mistakes because he just thought no one could measure up to his fantastic intellect.

(Disclaimer, these people have not been diagnosed to the best of my knowledge; this is purely speculative based on my knowledge of mental disorders and criminal behavior. MOO.)
Maybe he did kill before, those 3am murders in Oregon (I believe).

Okay thank you for clarifying :) That's what I wanted answered, if non-fratters/public could attend another frat's party or if it was more closed off socially.

Fraternities (who really dislike the term “frat” fwiw ) used to openly let all kinds of people in. They discourage it today not because they don’t want males to outnumber females as was suggested, but because of liability. They can’t control what other people might do, and open themselves up to accusations of sexual harassment and worse, lawsuits, etc. They’re also heavily insured, and their national chapters typically disallow it now for the same reasons.

This is a MsM newscast, 45 seconds in it is reported that SG sees a connection to BK and Kaylee but they aren’t ready to disclose it.

I’m too lazy to read back and see if anyone has posted this yet.
Thanks, haven't seen this posted before. It's unnerving IMO to think about K's family early on saying she was a websleuth (see page 1 of every thread from Mods about this), and she was interested in following crime online & if that could be a possible connection as to where they could have crossed paths since he was getting a PhD in the criminal field. Eeeek

Yet one of the victims purportedly had deeper wounds, which imo means he had some sort of prior interaction with her.

Maybe he did kill before, those 3am murders in Oregon (I believe).
According to the media and KG's father, they do see connections between BK and KG. It is mentioned in this video from ABC7,

(I hope I did the link right, I'm still trying to figure out this website.)

It may also be that OCD is an overused term and is often not used to reference a clinical diagnosis.

Many times, it seems to be used in reference to someone who is very particular.

Particular, perfectionistic, probably? Or, it is often used to self-describe, "with my OCD, I had to check the spelling, you know". However, obsessive "ruminative" pattern of thinking, is difficult to catch, even for its bearer, and it might be very serious.

For them to make an arrest and then make it public, the FBI and police had to have some good evidence before doing so. Regarding how the suspect is connected to the victims. Those are good questions that I am sure we will learn about in the coming days and weeks ahead.
They had his DNA and used it in a genealogy search, found family and then narrowed it down. I'm sure him having a Hyundai Elantra was an important piece in that.

And so you're standing in your bedroom in your boxer shorts, woken out of a deep sleep, confused, disoriented, frightened, shocked as hell, surrounded by 20 uniformed officers of various agencies combing through your childhood home, your parents looking on, frantic as you're provided the reason for your detainment: would it really occur to anyone here to ask, Has anyone else been arrested?

I do wonder how well and deeply the guy really could have been sleeping of late, If he did make that comment, I personally think he probably had it all planned as a clever thing to say when the authorities inevitably showed up for him. MOO

My father worked with criminals in penitentiaries. He said they do like to talk about it (sometimes with a slight smile) as they re-live it.
Yes, my dad is a detective and has said something similar. He had to bring a suspect back that had fled to a neighboring state and he literally just confessed to the entire crime. He kept going on about it, even making jokes. I'm sure the stories from your dad are similar to the ones from mine!

Having had a chance to look at the actual survey, I can kind of see how it could have been mistakenly determined to be exempt (no greater than minimal risk). It would have still been an incorrect determination based on the fact that the researchers were not collecting directly identifiable information and would not have had an honest risk/benefit analysis considered. The description of their crimes could potentially identify participants and would raise the risk level of the research to greater than minimal/full committee review and may even require a prisoner representative to be present.

One other thing that stuck out is although he says the data will be confidential, that really doesn’t mean much. He doesn’t say it’s anonymous or that data will be collected/stored without identifiers. If he’s emailing the survey from REDCap, I believe the researcher has to manually set the the survey not to collect or tie responses to email addresses.

I also noticed he doesn’t say in the beginning of the survey that the study has been reviewed by the IRB, only in the advertisements. That made me go look up DeSales IRB forms. Non-exempt studies require specific elements of consent, whereas exempt studies can use an information sheet that does not include all of those elements. DeSale only has a full consent template on their website, so I assume that they do not utilize information sheets that are not based on the consent template language, which his introductory text does not match. No risks or benefits mentioned, no way to contact the IRB… those are significant omissions.

Based on all of that, I’m going to bet that this wasn’t an IRB-approved study. If they approved this, they dropped the ball big time.
I'd hate to be a DeSales' graduate student right now. I would expect that it'll be quite the process for some time to get approval for studies involving adults. Psych, Soc, Criminal Justice, etc., all of those graduate degrees just got more challenging due to the increased IRB scrutiny, imoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow