ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, these type of killers, from what we know of him presently, are hard to survive an encounter with when they’ve got their sites set on you.

Deterrents would be tight security locks on places of entry at premises, security cameras and outside sensor lights, limit personal info on SM, and never travel alone at night. Jmo

Yes and I keep wondering if she was a member here.
thats why i’m wondering if that survey is a potentially connection. Even if she or her immediate family/friends have not committed crimes. will be interesting to see i guess

About his "study" - usually Masters & Doctoral candidates first need to attend at least one training to learn protocols around the ethics of working with "human subjects."

It seems to me a social media study anyone could make up answers to is worthless as scholarly research. Were he genuinely interested in conducting a rigorous project, he'd take the time to gain access to actual prisoners, who generally welcome a change in routine that has them as the focus. He could still guarantee anonymity that way, whether interviewing by mail or in-person. And his questions are so banal & general, they read to me like a junior high school student wrote them. Does make me wonder if he located an accomplice via this.

That said, what stands out most to me is NewNationNow's fabulous as always Brian Entin's commentary he had quiet stare upon arrest. I'm sorry, but if LE broke into my house at 3am, put me in handcuffs for a quadruple homicide I had zilch to do with the very last adjective used about me at that point would be "quiet." I would raise such hell it would make a record of some kind.

I don’t think most graduate students would be successful reaching out to prison populations and asking the things he wanted to ask. It’s a vulnerable population and would be much stricter study protocol.

It was a quote from someone at Washington State in Pullman. The woman said he continued to attend classes after the murders and was more friendly and animated, not as withdrawn as before.
Another classmate described him as looking tired and running late a lot. There’s a ton of conflicting acquaintance anecdotes about him right now.

Please help me understand how LE knew his DNA was at the crime scene? Did they confiscate his trash? Did LE have it from a prior crime? An ancestry/23 me site?
CNN says some geneology DNA was involved. My guess is that they got enough of a profile from the house that they compared it with those databases first. Or they collected trash samples first? From like all uni students with an Elantra... and close neighbors. Some kind of criteria like that.

Yet one of the victims purportedly had deeper wounds, which imo means he had some sort of prior interaction with her.

Maybe he did kill before, those 3am murders in Oregon (I believe).
I've toyed with the idea myself, but for the life of me can't figure out what connection he'd have with that remote house in the country hundreds of miles from where he was living. It's not completely impossible that there are two killers who like to break into houses and stab people in their beds at 3 o'clock in the morning.

I don't think she was saying he was clinically OCD; oftentimes that's just an expression applied when people act a bit too zealously over anything to the point where it seems they do it or think of it to excess.
Yes, it really is an overused term, like, narcissist. If he was clinically diagnosed with OCD, the crime itself would be too messy, among other things. He’s probably just very neat and orderly. JMO

Link? If it's not LE or MSM, sadly we can't discuss. And I would really like to know if SG is speaking out about BK.
No sorry texas I was just hoping someone had it but sounds like this will be coming out soon.

Rather, he might have wanted to use his true passion to a good purpose, catching criminals, but instead, watching pictures and other study materials on the screen contributed to his triggers.

One thing, however, I want to add. Neither DeSalle school, nor WASU, nor UI are in any way involved, as there is no way to predict homicidal behavior in a person, especially without prior history. A vegan at this. JMO, but I hope people would agree with me.

I saw a discussion this afternoon on CNN with some guest experts discussing how its not unusual for killers to have studied criminology in school - BTK and Ted Bundy were a couple of killers they mentioned. IIRC, the experts said its less likely they use the study of criminology to replace or subvert their own drive to kill. Instead, studying criminology at college or night school is a way to supplement their knowledge and provide a socially acceptable outlet for their interests.

Also, Pullman is a short drive from the victim's residence in Moscow, maybe 10 minutes. So, a connection is not out of the realm of possibilities, logistically speaking.
apologies if this has been mentioned, but does Idaho have any differences in sentencing? just speculating a reason for him to commit the crime a short distance away, but in another state.

I have posted in earlier threads about the possible connection with other unsolved murders in the area, and although they have been ruled unconnected, I can’t help but feel like this is not his first crime.

Regardless, very happy to see the hard work pay off- after delphi and some other cases, I can admit that I was not expecting an arrest this quickly. Looking forward to the pca and time to reveal more (all imo)

I don't think she was saying he was clinically OCD; oftentimes that's just an expression applied when people act a bit too zealously over anything to the point where it seems they do it or think of it to excess.

Yes that's exactly how I interpreted it too. People often do not use OCD properly. There is zero evidence (even in things people have said about him) that he had OCD. Maybe, perhaps, possibly he had OCPD, which is an obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (your Type A people to an extreme), but even that has no evidence behind it. I think what these people are saying was that he was very concerned about not deviating from his vegan diet. That isn't OCD or OCPD.

According to the media and KG's father, they do see connections between BK and KG. It is mentioned in this video from ABC7,

(I hope I did the link right, I'm still trying to figure out this website.)
Per the video:
SG & his lawyer "see connections" between KG & BK but are "not yet willing" to reveal what those connections are.

That's an unfortunate cliffhanger.
MOO

I've toyed with the idea myself, but for the life of me can't figure out what connection he'd have with that remote house in the country hundreds of miles from where he was living. It's not completely impossible that there are two killers who like to break into houses and stab people in their beds at 3 o'clock in the morning.
He also was not living In WA at the time. He was still in the middle of his master’s degree in PA. Although it’s likely he visited the campus in Pullman before he chose to enroll.

I would hope if he stabbed that couple in Oregon, they’d have some DNA to compare.

I’m coming in late and so sorry if this was discussed but dad is saying there is a connection to KG to Bk. Anybody figure that out yet?
I thought he said they had no inkling who he was.

My apologies just found the link that confirms what you said.

Yes, it really is an overused term, like, narcissist. If he was clinically diagnosed with OCD, the crime itself would be too messy, among other things. He’s probably just very neat and orderly. JMO
Sociopaths tend to be that way (neat and orderly) perhaps because they seem to have very clear and focused mental faculties and don't get easily distracted. Sociopathic killers get themselves caught because they don't feel physical anxiety, which leads them to becoming cavalier about things they know on a cerebral level that they should be concentrating on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow