ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Greek serves vegetarian food but also meat..
If he was such a puritan re pots and pans would he be able to tolerate that?
Good observation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the vegan kosher cookware demand was far more about control and/or a desire for attention than it was out of any real kosher vegan concerns.

IMO, it is WAY too early to begin insinuating his parents were in on any of this. We barely know anything about the crime at this point. For all we know, he and his father could have planned this road trip for months. Maybe his parents do not follow the news and had no idea a white Elantra was wanted in connection with the crime. Maybe they didn't even know about the crime. Let's not start another "Hoodie Guy" accusation situation. MOO

Not sure if this is targeted at me (or posts like mine) because I said I thought it was odd for his Dad to fly one way and drive him back home for a holiday break.

But I absolutely agree with you … just because I think it’s odd doesn’t mean I think the parents are involved or had any suspicions. I think most parents of adult children are unaware of huge chunks of what goes on in the lives of their adult children … which, IMO, is healthy and normal.

It is odd that his parents didn't just fly him home rather than flying his father out there to then drive 2,500 miles back to PA. Perhaps they just wanted to road trip together, or maybe there was something else going on...

I think a lot of parents live in denial about their kids committing horrific crimes. Outside of BK's car matching the suspect, they may have had no other reason to think anything pointed to their son, and it's not unreasonable to think that if your own kid had a car similar to a murderer, it wouldn't cross your mind that they killed people.

It does not seem to be a Laundrie situation (yet anyway) where the parents knew he likely murdered and then actively chose to basically ignore it.
Maybe he told his parents that he planned to drive home because he wanted to sell the car. He could say that he keeps getting questioned by people about his white Hyundai Elantra that the police are looking for that he just really wants to sell it. He knows he can't sell it in WA/ID so he plans to sell it in PA when he gets home. Then, Dad says it's too far to drive alone in bad weather so I will fly out and drive with you home that way they can make the trip faster by driving more hours in a day, switching off to sleep.

I am really thinking a good deal about this too. Especially with the new information about Dad flying out there to drive back with him.

They could have just paid for his plane ticket home. Did his folks know that the Elantra had to be moved/
I think he drove it back to PA so he could sell it. He obviously can't sell it in ID/WA because of how "hot" white Hyundai Elantras are, but he might be able to sell it in PA.

Do you think driving an Elantra and having a genealogy DNA link to the crime scene is enough to get an arrest warrant? Do you think LE had more than that when they got the warrant?
Don’t the DA or Judge need to sign off on a PCA? There had to be reason to believe that they had the right car and that the dna placed him at the crime scene. All very telling.

I never heard of that before. So the victims wounds will show signs of these blade defects?
If there is a nick or flaw on the blade, it can, doesn't mean it will. If there is something unusual about the blade and it hits bone and leaves a mark, it can leave a tell tale sign. If the guard happened to be chipped or misshapen, and left a mark on the body it could be identifiable.

I can't say that the average ME would see or notice it, assuming such identifiers exist on the knife, but they could.

However, if it was a knife with serrations and those were used to "cut" ( more like saw), it's harder to see imperfections. Exception being if one of a set of serrations was damaged.

You could have that one in a million everything lines up and X knife and only x knife could have done this, but it's usually something along the lines of "any knife of this size and shape missing a tip (as an example) could have been the murder weapon". If the suspect happens to have one of those, circumstantial evidence. If there is a blood match to a victim from blood wedged between the guard and the blade or handle, physical evidence. If by the powers that be a broken tip knife matches a tip found in a victim and the break matches perfectly, go buy a lottery ticket. ;)

Jmo based on personal experience.

I think if LE had been transparent about their suspicions, he may well have done. But the six week delay with seemingly little progress in terms of the information released to the public might have made him feel safe - maybe even untouchable. It would explain why he felt comfortable keeping the Elantra.
And they were onto him right away perhaps even earlier than December 12. They knew who very early into it. They were establishing a clearer picture of what happened in all this mean time. What date did the "federal marshal" type gentlemen visit 1122? I bet that was the moment they started to tighten the vise so to speak. This case was federal level almost from the get. That sheriff and police department are professionals. First rate.

My opinion.

''Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to Idaho, set for January 3, to expedite his transport to the state, LaBar said, adding his client is “eager to be exonerated” of the charges.''

''Kohberger’s attorney described his client as “very intelligent,” adding “he understands where we are right now.”

''After an overwhelming number of tips, investigators narrowed their focus to Kohberger by tracing ownership of the Elantra back to him, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

His DNA also matched DNA recovered at the crime scene, according to the sources, who also explained authorities believed Kohberger left the area and went to Pennsylvania after the crime.

A surveillance team with the FBI tracked the suspect for several days in the area where he was arrested, the sources added.

One law enforcement source said Kohberger is believed to have driven across the country to his parents’ house in the Elantra. Authorities had also been surveilling his parents’ house, the source said.''

''The suspect’s family is “very shocked,” LaBar, the attorney, said, adding they are in “awe over everything that’s going on” and believed this was “out of character for Bryan.”

I grew up in SE Michigan and six of the seven years it took me to get through college with a masters, I spent in eastern Pennsylvania, a good 12-14 hour drive. It wasn't unusual at all for my dad to fly out and drive back with me for long holidays or breaks. He had ulterior motives (golfing and hunting along the way depending on the season) but it also gave us a chance to spend time together.

I don't see anything at all nefarious about his dad driving with him, no matter how old he was.

I am in no way trying to defend BK, but his parents are victims as well, imo.

Perhaps if the knife was bent or damaged by hitting bone or furniture, they could at least say it was the “potential” murder weapon? However, the type of knife he had looks pretty sturdy.
If they had the weapon, they could test it on pig skin. Not sure if this would be allowed in US court as evidence.

''Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to Idaho, set for January 3, to expedite his transport to the state, LaBar said, adding his client is “eager to be exonerated” of the charges.''

''Kohberger’s attorney described his client as “very intelligent,” adding “he understands where we are right now.”

''After an overwhelming number of tips, investigators narrowed their focus to Kohberger by tracing ownership of the Elantra back to him, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

His DNA also matched DNA recovered at the crime scene, according to the sources, who also explained authorities believed Kohberger left the area and went to Pennsylvania after the crime.

A surveillance team with the FBI tracked the suspect for several days in the area where he was arrested, the sources added.

One law enforcement source said Kohberger is believed to have driven across the country to his parents’ house in the Elantra. Authorities had also been surveilling his parents’ house, the source said.''

''The suspect’s family is “very shocked,” LaBar, the attorney, said, adding they are in “awe over everything that’s going on” and believed this was “out of character for Bryan.”
Sounds like BK is going to milk this for all it's worth. He's getting attention and he loves it. Meanwhile, he thinks he can still outwit the police.

Good observation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the vegan kosher cookware demand was far more about control and/or a desire for attention than it was out of any real kosher vegan concerns.
Again, source was divorced wife of an uncle and she didn't specify when this occurred. Could just as easily have been a phase he went through as a youth.
There's no evidence he was in any way controlling at this time, is there?
Apart from the charges against him.
We have conflicting reports from vague witnesses, he was bullied; he was a bully.
Which is it folks?

I'm just gonna wait it out.
Bite the bullet or I'll be a skeleton from rabbit hole diving and I'm tired of that.
Just gimme facts, please, just facts.

That is why I appreciate this site.
It's luxurious in that regard.
Boundaries are here to protect us and all around the crime.

I am the same age as BK, and grew up in a neighboring state in a similar semirural environment. Kids were definitely doing heroin, especially towards the end of high school. Also spice, so I think that could be likely. Unfortunately many of my classmates passed away from overdoses in the year or two after school when fentanyl became more prevalent, so I wonder if perhaps BK switched to another drug like meth after school, or especially in Washington.
If he was doing heroin in high school, as a former classmate indicates, he knows drugs. What drugs might be used for his drastic weight loss program??

What does it mean that the parents Pocono house was raided at 3am? If the police were tailing dad and Bryan back the entire cross country trip wouldn’t it be easier to arrest them at a gas station when they stop to fuel up? Or right when they pull in the driveway while unloading luggage and hugging mommy? Seems a lot more dangerous to go banging on a serial killers door at 3am to make the arrest. Isn’t there a lot more risk of either him taking his own life or return fire etc?

If someone was banging on my front door at 3am I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t open the door. I’d be calling 911:)

BK Norton, a student in the WSU Criminal Justice and Criminology Department, said Friday that they didn’t know Kohberger well, but didn’t like him.

“We interacted in class, but personally I was not a fan of Bryan because of comments he had made about LGBTQ+ individuals,” they said in an email to The Associated Press. “He was a little off, but I always thought it was because he was awkward and wanted to fit in.”

Thank you. I see where it came from now. Still hearsay IMO, But at least I know where the original OP got it from.

I have been dumbfounded that no MSM has questioned something which to me is a glaring contradiction to what we have been told as the official story. The blood on the foundation went viral when it was shown. Two days ago, a crime scene tecnhician seen bending over just to take a swab of something that was speculated to be blood got major media source coverage.

Well, what about THIS blood ? ........ THIS IS IN THE HOUSE !

In the KITCHEN. I have taken a screen shot from the link below and labeled my observations to orient you to where and what things are in the photo.

65103395-11487643-As_cops_prepare_to_turn_over_the_house_back_to_its_landlord_the_-a-200_1670213711030.jpg

Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house

Blood in kitchen (titled).jpg

This is ten times as much blood as what was found on the cement foundation outdoors. Yet nobody has questioned it or asked how it got there. How is it possible if Xana and Ethan were killed in their bedroom and Mattie and Kaylee were in MADDIE'S bedroom that these five to six foot streams of blood could be here in the area where the refrigerator is ?

The room above where this blood is, is KAYLEE'S BEDROOM. But we're told she was not in her bedroom, she was in Maddie's. Maddies bedroom is on the far right side of the house---opposite side of the kitchen. The blood could not have originated from there either and traveled that far to conceivably drip through the ceiling. So how is it there ?

The location is corroborated by this photo link as the blood being in the kitchen.
1672527350200.png

The cabinets seen behind the police officer are the cabinets in my screen shot above on the right side of the kitchen. The photo was taken from the window to the right of the balcony door. The table is under the window that has all the food related items This puts the blood at the back of the room appearing to be the short foyer leading to the living room.

We were told that that the victims were stabbed in their bedrooms and found in their beds. At least certainly initially we were. If that is true then, either this has to be

streams of Kool-Aide
wine
photo shopping

OR BLOOD

I have not found any photo-shopping in my analysis as I see no pixels manipulated.

So, am I hallucinating or do you see blood streams that need an explantion ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member