ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably doesn't mean anything...but do y'all remember that there was an HVAC repair van that was at the 1122 King property just a couple of days after the killings? I always thought it was odd that LE seemingly called in a air conditioning and heating company to the crime scene so close after the murders.
It could mean a lot IMO.

Possibly BK became a suspect sometime on or just before December 7 (the day the contractor was at the scene) and LE was aware of his HVAC background and wanted all the vents checked for the weapon?

One thing BK may not have planned on is the almost complete vacuum of info now that he's sitting in jail.

From his degrees/academics and things people have said (he wanted to make sure you knew he was smart when he spoke), I am assuming he likes researching/finding info, etc.

But, he was arrested at the beginning of a long weekend, met (as far as I have read) once for about an hour with the lawyer who will represent him in PA for the extradition and then... nada. He wouldn't have had visitors (like his family) during that time, can't check his phone for the latest news updates, or hop on his computer to read crime forums, or even easily have access to reading material of any kind. I think the reality of now being in an information drought (after having easy access to a glut of information) may be hitting hard. He may have considered that he would get caught, could have his "glory" in the courtroom (reliving details) but might not have figured on information withdrawl and the fact that his access to information will be limited and controlled by others, perhaps for the rest of his life.

MOO.
His lawyer has said he’s spoken to him a few different times and for how long and that he’s been filling him in on what’s being said about him (background info not info specific to the murders).

There's lots of research on the question, we just aren't allowed to discuss it here (I believe). But I think it's okay for me to say that studies of men in prison, particularly on death row, are a big chunk of how we discovered some (emphasis on some) of the genetic and biophysiological markers of violent offenders. Brain studies, gene studies. In addition, people have studied them intensely, including school records and interviews with childhood teachers and friends, all that kind of thing.

I think the consensus right now is that it's roughly 50/50. Nature and nurture. Physical trauma to the brain can cause the biophysiological traits (in the brain) that are associated with being a violent offender, it's not necessarily genes, but the overall issues in the brain are similar within this group (and there are subgroups, with one of the major subgroups having a known genetic anomaly).
Do you think he kept the knife
The likelihood of him getting a specific grant for this school, with this degree program, are virtually zero (IMO). WSu offers financial aid and while I don't know the model they use, if a person is in fact a TA, that sometimes provides enough to pay for student housing and food/spending money/books. Tuition is usually then paid via loans (I believe we learned he took loans at DeSales). So he will be one of those students who defaults on his loans IMO.

He could have checked the knife through in his luggage, but may have found that too risky (he seems to have a detailed, but linear and concrete way of thinking, not a lateral thinker at all).

His best bet was still getting rid of the knife somewhere in the vastness of Idaho or Eastern Washington.
Do you think he kept the knife to revisit it near Pullman, or at his parents place?
What are your thoughts on taking trinkets from the scene?

listen here about 8:13 in. There is a question about the house and reporter says - “I heard that it needs a new furnace.”

I’m willing to guess that may have been the purpose for the call you are referencing.
Makes you wonder if someone damaged the furnace in hopes of messing with the time of death by making it really cold in the house. Speculation on my part, no basis in fact.

I tend to agree with Mrs. Watson, so far all we have is CA stating BK told her this. What if he found out that was a way to keep a young lady interested in continuing to speak with and spend time with him? One article stated the two spent hours discussing his previous struggles with addiction.

Some women are fixers. Maybe he flippantly said he had a drug issue and had gone to rehab to explain the HS weight loss and something in her response told him she was a sympathetic person. Maybe she gave him lots of positive feedback and strokes for staying off the drugs and that fed his ego in some weird twisted way. "remember that time I asked you to drive me around town after we sat together at that wedding? Well the truth is, I really wanted to score some heroin". I've struggled with addiction. Need attention? Tell CA I am really struggling today and want to use. BAM hours spent on the phone talking him off the ledge. Just speculating here could be so much hooey.

It is starting to look like hooey, isn't it?
Yes, perhaps mind-control games, but maybe covering up other places and things about those years after high school.

Yeah see I don't think he would have planned that out. Maybe, out of paranoia (after understanding that LE was looking for his vehicle) would he think to do that. And I don't think he became paranoid either...at least from what I know now.

He stayed in town a very long time after the crime and in MOO a long time after the release came out about the vehicle in question. "Reports" have come out that he attended classes and still was working as a TA after the crime as well. Not sure if he did so after the press release on the vehicle - I'm not sure about that.

I don't think he was worried about the vehicle at all. If that's the case why wouldn't he just have left? Sure, not showing up to class or TA duties would have been out of character but he easily could have brushed it off as he needed to go home for whatever reason. That is if he believed they wouldn't be able to trace him back to the crime scene through DNA or whatever other evidence. So, he just went on about his normal daily routine and life. I'd bet that's the stand he's taking now. He's betting LE doesn't have the evidence needed to tie him back to the crime without reasonable doubt.

I also wonder if that's why an anonymous source leaked to CNN the info on the DNA. Maybe LE is trying to convince him, that they know better.
Yah .. anytime I see "anonymous source", in MSM, especially CNN, I'm out!

It could mean a lot IMO.

Possibly BK became a suspect sometime on or just before December 7 (the day the contractor was at the scene) and LE was aware of his HVAC background and wanted all the vents checked for the weapon?
or perhaps BK messed with the HVAC system while there on the night of the crime for some unknown reason causing a need for repairs.

or perhaps during the investigation of the crime scene it became apparent that a repair was needed and the HVAC van being there has nothing whatsoever to do with this crime.

Guess we will see.

He had to be freaking out getting pulled over twice for traffic violations if this is true. Weren’t the cops following him anyways at this point?

Obviously not. If everything is true and the car was pulled over for speeding and then again for following too closely, wouldn't somebody have changed their driving habits if they were freaking out over being pulled over in between both times they were pulled over?

<quoted post was removed for disparaging the suspect's family members>

The statement is probably more about family/self preservation. If this family had NO knowledge or indication of BK’s ability to carry out such a horrendous act I truly feel sorry for them. Incredibly sad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah see I don't think he would have planned that out. Maybe, out of paranoia (after understanding that LE was looking for his vehicle) would he think to do that. And I don't think he became paranoid either...at least from what I know now.

He stayed in town a very long time after the crime and in MOO a long time after the release came out about the vehicle in question. "Reports" have come out that he attended classes and still was working as a TA after the crime as well. Not sure if he did so after the press release on the vehicle - I'm not sure about that.

I don't think he was worried about the vehicle at all. If that's the case why wouldn't he just have left? Sure, not showing up to class or TA duties would have been out of character but he easily could have brushed it off as he needed to go home for whatever reason. That is if he believed they wouldn't be able to trace him back to the crime scene through DNA or whatever other evidence. So, he just went on about his normal daily routine and life. I'd bet that's the stand he's taking now. He's betting LE doesn't have the evidence needed to tie him back to the crime without reasonable doubt.

I also wonder if that's why an anonymous source leaked to CNN the info on the DNA. Maybe LE is trying to convince him, that they know better.
Yah .. anytime I see "anonymous source", in MSM, especially CNN, I'm out!

To me he seems like a homeschooled student, isolated from the real world, college being his first attempt in the world, whose move to WA was his step into independence at 28

<snipped for focus>
I don't think he was homeschooled, as his mother worked as a paraprofessional at the local school, and his father worked there also in a maintenance role. There have been no MSM reporting of BK being homeschooled. But there have been reports about him being bullied at school.

or perhaps BK messed with the HVAC system while there on the night of the crime for some unknown reason causing a need for repairs.

or perhaps during the investigation of the crime scene it became apparent that a repair was needed and the HVAC van being there has nothing whatsoever to do with this crime.

Guess we will see.

Now you made me think that it was all circumstances. Maybe the landlord had scheduled a maintenance visit for that day simply to change furnace filters or winterize the AC.

That’s what I find strange. The FBI were trailing them…do you think these pull overs were orchestrated, or really just done by out of the loop patrol officers?
IMO the LE never said they were trailing the car but merely said they tracked the car to PA. Big difference in tailing or tracking. IMO the tracking was after the fact. The car was in PA for about a week before the 4 day surveillance began prior to the arrest. If they tailed the car, why would LE not observe it for the week period before the surveillance began?
IMO LE did not have enough evidence of the perp prior to the car leaving Idaho. Just my 2 cents and my opinion.
The traffic stops appear to be strictly incidental for violations. This is second hand information from the appointed Atty anyway. MO

There's lots of research on the question, we just aren't allowed to discuss it here (I believe). But I think it's okay for me to say that studies of men in prison, particularly on death row, are a big chunk of how we discovered some (emphasis on some) of the genetic and biophysiological markers of violent offenders. Brain studies, gene studies. In addition, people have studied them intensely, including school records and interviews with childhood teachers and friends, all that kind of thing.

I think the consensus right now is that it's roughly 50/50. Nature and nurture. Physical trauma to the brain can cause the biophysiological traits (in the brain) that are associated with being a violent offender, it's not necessarily genes, but the overall issues in the brain are similar within this group (and there are subgroups, with one of the major subgroups having a known genetic anomaly).
And both of those are notably external -- not initiated by or controlled by those death row prisoners.. I am a huge advocate for personal responsibility. In my gut I favor retributive justice and would like to see the killer of these four young people put in a rooms with the four fathers for 30 minutes.
But at the same time I think there is a long term challenge with the most heinous crimes and criminal justice as it starts to get complex given the science increasing shows patterns of external factors (biological and environmental) affecting the perp.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for describing his thoughts and diagnosing>
He’s one for the ages. A case study in progress and in the wake of a most heinous quad homicide. Tinges of Bundy keep shining through (with exception to MO). That arrogance is almost impossible for him to stifle. His feelings of superiority and dominance are flowing just beneath his surface.

If he was truly brilliant, (that’s a BIG if) as he believes himself to be, he would have uttered only four words when they came to take him down. “I want an attorney.” That’s it. Finito. Zip it. I believe he is going to take this case places - it should never go. His first words were intended to distract, to project blame elsewhere, and to let them know unequivocally that HE is completely innocent. As if the feds or LE has never ever heard that one before - as they all just fell off the turnip truck. I can only imagine the side-eyes and frozen looks when “those words” came tumbling out of his mouth. JMOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking multiple knives used, likely same type tho. JMO.

MOO.. Maybe his dad driving across state with him was planned by BK in advance and unbeknown to his dad, he fitted in with the plan willing to keep BK company, not knowing it was BK’s agenda all along…. Two men driving a white Elantra - father and son - is less suspicious than one male trying to leave and travel across the country.

Q - where was the car parked day to day at his student home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes