ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw nothing in this article that supported this.
It's a claim from a "source": "Mobile phone data reportedly shows that Bryan Kohberger, 28, was often in the same location as the three university of Idaho students and one of their boyfriends before he allegedly slashed them to death as they apparently slept at a house off campus, a source close to one of the case’s investigators told the media." Man accused of Idaho murders allegedly stalked students for weeks

MSM has reported he was "tracked" (precise meaning unknown; perhaps via electronic surveillance) by LE as he made his way to PA. I believe he was probably under some form of surveillance from the moment he arrived at his parents' home in PA (reportedly on the 16th). It may have taken LE a while to get the probable cause to a place where the DA felt good about it, or they may have had other reasons for waiting until the 30th to arrest him (e.g., to observe behavioral patterns, etc).
Its to my understanding that the FBI followed him for 4 days before they arrested him, which was way after the 16th. I don't think they were following or tracking him prior to that, but that's JMO.

This article makes me sad. If person or persons who witnessed all of this cruel and anti-social behavior toward another human being would have tried, in some small way, to mitigate these events, perhaps many many lives could have been changed and saved. I'm aware these sentiments apply to all tragedies of this ilk but am specifically speaking to the Moscow murders.

Not sure what you're saying. My students tell me they see this behavior daily. At home. In the neighborhood. At school. Are not willing to do anything formal about it whatsoever, would prefer just to go on with life, as it's not going away. I can't dispute that, because indeed, this behavior is longterm.

And what, exactly is the "small thing" that we can do? I try very hard to make myself available to such students and may contrive a reason to have them come to an office hour, where I am great at befriending them (after warning my admin assist of the situation). On days when the office building is devoid of people, yes, it gets creepy. Perhaps this has been the "small way" that has kept my college completely free of mass murder (a lot of us share this philosophy of teaching). But I think that's probably not the right answer.

I was called into a case involving a very similar perp (I just didn't know that yet). I feel that his supervisors (and myself) did everything possible to signal to him that he needed help/change etc. He was a policeman. Other policemen were afraid of him and that's why I was there (but I didn't know that). I didn't know that he was under surveillance within the building and in its parking lots. He was given a choice to get help and stop doing what he was doing (multiple bad things),

He's now serving a 20 year prison sentence, after being transferred to a job where he had very little contact with people and he was undergoing psychiatric and psychological treatment. He still found a way of continuing - and escalating his crimes.

And let me say that the amount spent on this one individual was rather large. And his bosses were so compassionate and tried to get him help. He was, btw, the identical twin of a felon who is also serving a life sentence - and he proudly told me "Had I not become a policeman, I would have been a criminal."

And I believed him. Allowed him to show me around the station and then walk me to my car.

At just one high school where I've been called in, the number of similar misfits and bullies was quite large and no one knew where to begin (and now, 10 years out, yep, some of those boys are now in jail or prison). They got counseling, etc. Everyone treated them with compassion (perhaps, IMO, too much? Boundaries and limits are the key to stopping this kind of behavior, in my professional opinion and there's research to show that).

One of those boys is in a psychiatric facility where he's kept in check (no longer attacking people) due to consistent and firm boundaries. I won't go into what those are - but I could.

It's a claim from a "source": "Mobile phone data reportedly shows that Bryan Kohberger, 28, was often in the same location as the three university of Idaho students and one of their boyfriends before he allegedly slashed them to death as they apparently slept at a house off campus, a source close to one of the case’s investigators told the media." Man accused of Idaho murders allegedly stalked students for weeks
By *location*...are they PINPOINTING in real time matching precise locations of BK and Victims? He did reside within 10 miles of victims over a protracted period of time...so to me this statement is very nebulous. MOO

In an exclusive interview, Rader's daughter, Kerri Rawson, spoke to NewsNation's Brian Entin.

"It's hard to be the kid of this guy and live with this," she said, choking back tears. "You know? And then see somebody else go do this and wonder did your dad influence this? Did your dad talk to him? Was he studying my father outside of academics? Am I ever going to get answers to that, I don't know."

We know who the accused is. He has the presumption of innocence: a fact that far too many are forgetting.
That applies in courts of law, not public opinion.

Obviously we think differently. I believe it is the moral duty of responsible citizens to do our utmost to live by the ideals of our system. Misinformation, rumor, inflammatory news articles rabid speculation, and hearsay are harmful and can potentially impact the jury pool, thus making the prosecution's job more difficult. Additionally, a tainted jury pool creates an appeal argument for a convicted defendant.

Last edited:
Question for anyone in PA that may know - but could it be that the Elantra had to go through an inspection / smog test to be re-registered for another year? I know in some states kids need to bring their cars back to their home state in order to register it for another year?! It might explain why he drove it back and Dad had this long-planned trip with him?
Just a thought...
I think that very thing was mentioned in previous thread by someone from PA. Maybe they'll repost to confirm.

That’s not BCK.

And since he’s not a POI or suspect named by LE, that’s all I’ll say :)
Good to know. It's hard to tell from the pic, and there's a certain likeness to my untrained eye. I found it incredibly eerie to think he may have been following them. Although he may have and just not have been caught on camera.

Anyone think he looks like the tall guy in the hat leaving when the dad spoke at the event?

I saw nothing in this article that supported this.
I found a different source stating the same thing. My source (NY post) claimed it came from a story from DM, and provided a link to it, but I didn't see anything in DM's story that stated it.

IDK, this is a popular topic that got really hot again with news of the arrest. Could this be click bait for points??

Even kids know that the location of the mobile phones can be traced even if they are switched off.

So, if he had his cell phone with him that night, that would be the most stupid thing he could have done, on the top of all other most stupid things he certainly has done amongst which driving to kill 4 people on the car registered to his mum and not checking if any of his relatives sent their DNA to genealogy DB. And I am sure we will learn about few more stupid things he has done. Because the guy lacks basic existential intelligence, he is not street-wise person. He was protected for almost all of his life by his family and failed the moment he left his shelter and became detached from his family. The only reason why LE was baffled by the case at the beginning was because they could not find any obvious connection between him and 4 victims. That was the only smart part of his plan.
I'm inferring from BK's Pennsylvania lawyer saying that LE probably has cell phone data from the night in question showing him at the WA/Idaho border (which would go to the issue of whether Idaho can, in good faith, claim that BK was in Idaho when the crime occurred to get PA to extradite him back to Idaho), that he did have his cell phone on him that night. JMO. Lawyer of Idaho slayings suspect discusses extradition

any chance BK registered the Elantra with WSU with an incorrect yr?
I'm going to guess LE knew exactly what they were doing in releasing a slightly inaccurate car model year. There is little difference in the body style between those model years, maybe different hub cabs and a slight difference in DRL's.

2013 model
1672626746615.png

2015 model

1672626857660.png

LE needed tips on an older white Elantra but at the same time didn't want to tip BK off.

JMO

Last edited:
I am so grateful today that BK is locked up and will face trial. I feel in my soul he is guilty. I’m proud of the way police handled the case. I am sad for the victims loss of life and for their families. I do not think BK would relate to the suffering he has caused even if he were on death row. It disturbs me there are people like him in our society.

Amen. This became my own life's work way back in the 70's (serial killer decade) when a prof told me that we learn more about the core values of humans and cultures by studying who is considered deviant or bad (and studying how different cultures deal with similar problems and the overall planetary calculation of horrific behavior). It's not pretty. I'm retiring next year (and not doing any more criminal cases at the present - except for the company of all of you).

I am SO proud of police in this one. And I started out, 32 years ago, not too fond of police and still remember being anxious after walking into a classroom where everyone wore guns. But the amount I've learned from LE is immeasurable and my view has totally changed.

Question for anyone in PA that may know - but could it be that the Elantra had to go through an inspection / smog test to be re-registered for another year? I know in some states kids need to bring their cars back to their home state in order to register it for another year?! It might explain why he drove it back and Dad had this long-planned trip with him?
Just a thought...

1. What are the inspection criteria for passenger cars and light duty trucks?
Safety inspections for passenger cars and light-duty trucks require that the following items be checked: suspension components, steering, braking systems, tires and wheels, lighting and electrical systems, glazing (glass), mirrors, windshield washer, defroster, wipers, fuel systems, the speedometer, the odometer, the exhaust systems, horns and warning devices, the body, and the chassis. For most vehicles in the 42 county, Non-I/M region this safety inspection will also include a Visual Anti-Tampering Check. The Visual Anti-Tampering Check is an examination of the vehicle to see if the required emissions components have been tampered with or removed. For more information concerning the 42 County Visual Anti-Tampering Check, please reference Section 175.80 of Subchapter E of the Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Regulations. For a complete list of the rejection criteria for passenger cars and light duty trucks, please visit Subchapter E of the Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Regulations.

7. When should my vehicle's safety inspection sticker expire?
Upon passing a safety inspection, most passenger cars and light trucks will receive an inspection sticker valid for one year from the month of inspection or one year from the expiration of the current inspection sticker on the vehicle.

Year of car is identified on VIN#. No way you can screw this up on registration. MOO
Not on official registration, but for my school all they wanted was plate number, plate state, and make/model/color/year. Just to identify that the car has the correct parking pass, they were not interested in VIN. You could very well put a different year with the school and they would never know. I actually put the wrong model on my parking pass for several years.

By *location*...are they PINPOINTING in real time matching precise locations of BK and Victims? He did reside within 10 miles of victims over a protracted period of time...so to me this statement is very nebulous. MOO

Oh don't worry, cover your ears and eyes when all the details come out soon, it's going to get ugly...

Idk about incel. They typically have an appearance of someone who is lazy and doesn't keep up with themselves. I don't think BK is a physically unattractive male and he clearly keeps his appearance maintained, even running multiple miles every night. I don't know, doesn't give me incel vibes. IMO
Agree, I think a lot of people misunderstand what an Incel proclaims to be.

Just a thought...

Since the home address is in Albrightsville (Carbon County) an emissions test is not required, but annual car inspection is required. In PA, the year your inspection runs out is noted by a sticker on your driver side windshield which can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. It's very possible that he needed an inspection ...and oftentimes, things are discovered that need to be repaired before the car shop will "pass" your vehicle and give you the necessary sticker. Tires. Brakes. Headlights, etc.

We also require annual registration in PA...but no longer have a sticker on our license plates for that and there would be no need for the car to be in PA to have that process completed.

(I'm not sure how I did this cold post. I was attempting to reply to someone who asked these questions. Sorry. I really wasn't trying to bore anyone with the details of car/driving regulations in PA. Really. Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.