ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of the gag order is to prevent the lawyers from trying the case in the court of public opinion, to keep prosecutors or defense from feeding reporters information that jeopardizes the case.
Don't forget to quiet down the speculation and hype so they have a chance at finding a fair and impartial jury somewhere..maybe!

Genetic genealogy must have made amazing advancements in just the last year or so in order to be able to help find a match in this case so quickly. I mean, seriously, wasn't it just like a couple of years ago that blonde lady (sorry can't think of her name) told us it took months in most cases to find matches, sometimes years? This match was made in a few weeks. That's simply amazing, imo and should make current/future criminals terrified because the game may be about to change completely.

The fact that the father mentioned something about the murders to the cop tells me that his father was expressing concern for HIS SON’S safety in light of the murders, as any parent would do, and shows that his father was in the dark insofar as even considering that his son BK may have been the perpetrator.
The father was talking about a shooting, not the murders of the four college students.

Gaggiinggggg on the medical link, but good on ya! If the killer did not expect, prepare for how hard Kaylee fought... he may very well have needed medical help and stitches. He does look battered. Well deserved.
I’d hope any male getting his hand stitched up in the area in the days after these murders would have been scrutinized.

There’s a book called Rip in Heaven, by Jeanine Cummins, that details the rape and murder of two young women and how their cousin, who was with them when they were attacked, was not only arrested but seemingly confessed to a crime he didn’t commit. It was only the accident of finding the owner of a stolen flashlight that turned up the real murderers. And of course there is the Central Park 5. I’m not saying that LE has made a mistake; if they have DNA, that’s very good evidence. But let’s not pretend that everyone arrested is always guilty (or for that matter, that guilty people don’t get away with murder).
Very true.

IMO, I get the impression that something was stolen from the residence on King Rd.,I just don’t know what.
I'm just guessing, off the top of my head.... maybe K's cell phone?

If he had been following her on SM & her phone had evidence of that &/or represented something that triggered his rage, &/or to 'foil' LE not having easy access to her online/calling activity, &/or he knew she had been calling her ex-bf repeatedly right beforehand, &/or he wanted a 'trophy', he might have decided to take it.

Something about comments from her father that her wounds were more severe & that she had told people in the weeks before that she had a stalker makes me think she was a main target.

JMOO

Genetic genealogy must have made amazing advancements in just the last year or so in order to be able to help find a match in this case so quickly. I mean, seriously, wasn't it just like a couple of years ago that blonde lady (sorry can't think of her name) told us it took months in most cases to find matches, sometimes years? This match was made in a few weeks. That's simply amazing, imo and should make current/future criminals terrified because the game may be about to change completely.
If he had a sibling or parent on GedMatch, it only takes a few minutes!

Many cases still sit there and sit there due to lack of matches. Doe DNA Project keeps a spreadsheet. Some of their cases have been sitting there for years. It's all about who has their DNA uploaded. DNA Doe Project Public Cases.xlsx

IMO and from general sleuthing etc. bruising in this area is common when offenders attack with a fixed blade knife as the force of the stabbings bruises the hand at the hilt area. LE and forensics will know what to look for, they better know more than we do, just saying.

Most people envision someone being stabbed using the same motion made famous in the movie Psycho, whereas an up close knifing could be where the knife is held so the stabbing motion comes up rather than down. It's much easier to get close to your victim if they don't see the knife. You are also less likely to hit bone if you are stabbing someone with an up thrust below the rib cage.

CarFAX information is only as reliable as the source and entity reporting the data. I remember reading that change of registration date being much closer to the seatbelt ticket he got.

But if the date from the CarFAX is correct we have to assume that he didn't leave town for Thanksgiving right after the murder and did hang out through midterms week.

Re: Gag Order & Unsealing of PCA
The court order from Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall bars the sharing of any new information on the investigation or suspect, Bryan Kohberger, before a verdict is reached. Marshall’s ruling stipulates that authorities are allowed to quote from or refer to “the public record” without further comment, though it remains unclear when or whether relevant documents in the case, such as its probable cause affidavit, will be unsealed according to a traditional timeline. It was previously expected to be released after Kohberger and the four first-degree murder charges against him were entered in Idaho court. The sweeping gag order was given hours after Kohberger, 28, formally waived extradition in a Pennsylvania court, clearing the way for him to be transported back to Idaho.

Re: Gag Order & Unsealing of PCA
The court order from Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall bars the sharing of any new information on the investigation or suspect, Bryan Kohberger, before a verdict is reached. Marshall’s ruling stipulates that authorities are allowed to quote from or refer to “the public record” without further comment, though it remains unclear when or whether relevant documents in the case, such as its probable cause affidavit, will be unsealed according to a traditional timeline. It was previously expected to be released after Kohberger and the four first-degree murder charges against him were entered in Idaho court. The sweeping gag order was given hours after Kohberger, 28, formally waived extradition in a Pennsylvania court, clearing the way for him to be transported back to Idaho.
I'd think there would have to be a separate hearing for the probable cause affidavit. They can't just role it into that order. Or maybe they can?

So someone who isn’t hysterical and crying must be guilty? Come on. Shutting down is an exceptionally common reaction to situations like this.
No, that's not what I said. I did not suggest that he would have to be hysterical. But I do believe most people would be so baffled by the fact that they were arrested for something that they did not do, that they would be freaking out. I said that his behavior is unusual for a truly innocent person. Shutting down is odd. MOO. And I'm entitled to my opinion.

His registration was due since it was November 2021 since last renewed. He didn’t want to call attention to an expired tag considering…

Yet, I bet he dreaded having to renew his registration in Washington a week after allegedly murdering four people. Although this (11/18) was before the “look for an Elantra” announcement was made by LE, right?
Elantra registered in WA State on 11/18/22 and Moscow PD announced the news about wanting to find the white Elantra and 12/7/22

Most people envision someone being stabbed using the same motion made famous in the movie Psycho, whereas an up close knifing could be where the knife is held so the stabbing motion comes up rather than down. It's much easier to get close to your victim if they don't see the knife. You are also less likely to hit bone if you are stabbing someone with an up thrust below the rib cage.
But isn't using an upthrust motion more dangerous to the one doing the stabbing? Especially in darkness/semi-darkness?

Well, maybe it was less about being a mastermind and more about dominance and power over defenseless human lives. In a matter of mere minutes, he killed 4 human beings, took their whole lives, destroyed families, and mentally impacted so many others while gripping a nation and beyond he wrangled in some power there and probably got a new high and potentially still is because he is in the Nations spotlight now. Being notorious is a heck of a drug for killers
Alsolutely. We're not thinking along different lines. Power is at the centre of most/all crimes against other people and a lot of things that we do. By 'mastermind' I was referring to his perception of power and satisfaction in planning and carrying this out, along with others saying that he always had to (paraphrased) feel like the smartest person in the room.

But I don't see a person's feeling of power in only having an external locus of control, thus having to dominate others, as valid - to me that's pathetic. True power is in mastering yourself and using that to better the world around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member