ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly I think the 2 states will split the cost. Also the direction of the plane and its airspeed so low. If it was a direct flight I think it would be an FBI plane This plane is registered to Pennsylvania State Police. I have no idea tho. Just speculation.
Well it sounds right to me.

Does anyone know if the public will receive any case information once BK officially receives the information/ evidence linking him to the crime scene? I know there is a gag order now.

Doesn’t sound like public will be given any more information for a while. I could be wrong and misunderstanding this new information.
The gag order is for officials and is unlikely to affect public release of warrants.
BUT the info may well be minimal.
The actual trial will be when all other info is released.

While methods using temperature and stomach contents are used for initial estimates, forensic pathologists actually look at the contents of various cells. The process of decomp is well studied and has several stages at the cellular level. Pathologists usually use several methods and the goal is that they all point to about the same time.

In this case, I believe at least one of the victims wore an Apple watch (E), so that could also provide a strong clue.

In the below article, the authors try to list the various methods in use in 2022:

They use both blood and cerebro-spinal fluid and also the decay rate of various molecules in the body (that part is a lot like a clock, IMO).

It's a fascinating question and it seems all the various methods range from rough estimate to very accurate, with almost clock-like results. Of course, we don't know what the U of W pathologists did at Spokane, but I am confident that they have access to at least some of these recent and specific methods.
Thank you. This is great information.

Not directed at OP but my observation where the images of BK at his hearing are from 51 days after the murders.

Seriously, I don't think it reasonable to attribute every mark or discoloration on his body as injuries sustained when BK allegedly stabbed 4 sleeping students. This makes no sense to me! JMO
I do agree! HOWEVER, (possible) current injuries can (possibly) be attributed to his recent "state of mind." Although there are a million possibilities, it's only when you put everything together that you get the whole picture. You should note everything and then discard what doesn't end up being relevant.

If the prosecution has a very strong case and very strong irrefutable evidence that will likely convict the defendant, I do not believe they will offer a plea deal. These murders warrant the death penalty and I believe that is what they will go for. However, they may speak to the families and consider their feelings. MOO
I'm sure they would offer a deal to plead. It saves the State an enormous amount of money. Plus, the DA may not be a believer in the death penalty.

I'm sure he is in custody of Idaho LE right now.

Idaho would be responsible for all the costs of transportation. PA might provide the plane, but Idaho would reimburse PA for the cost.
How does Idaho have jurisdiction?

The marks being discussed were from the pics in the body cam taken Dec 14th. No one has pics of him on Nov 13th, so we cannot conclusively say he had no injuries from the crime. It is always possible he had poorly healed wounds one month later if they were not taken care of properly or if he’s a poor healer, jmo moo.

I agree with you.

But. He was not hiding, caving after the murders. Rather opposite, he was out working, in the uni. Not a single soul, so far (emphasising on so far), reported any visible injuries, scratches, bruises on his face and arms. When I was about to teach my students, I had to dress and groom impeccably, as students notice every single distortion or imperfection on tutors. I wished some of them to be equally focused on perfecting their studies, but that is a different story.

There is only one thing in relation to BK case: it is not clear where he was from 14th of November to 27th of Nov, as there might be no classes at the uni. This has to be confirmed, somehow.

If he was staying at his apartment, then his injuries may have healed during that period. But if he was going to his office at the uni, then there would be some witnesses to share their observations of him, for sure.

Puzzling.

The gag order is for officials and is unlikely to affect public release of warrants.
BUT the info may well be minimal.
The actual trial will be when all other info is released.
Thank you so much. I was a little confused on that. While I’m normally fully on the side of discretion and need to know only information being released. I feel like there are some things the public should be privy to. Not too much of course. Nothing to jeopardize the investigation or case against him.

But a little more factual information on the arrest and probable cause would be nice.

Can anyone elaborate on Time of Death? I have been reading and wondering how accurate is a 1-2 hour window. Can it be say 10 minutes earlier? I imagine it does depends on examining the scene and body. Do they take into account the facts surrounding the death, like last seen and phone calls etc. Could the heat system being turned off cause it to be less accurate or do they have adjustments for that to make the accuracy better?

I think it would be hard to determine exact time of death.

The body temperatures of the victims would have been taken at the scene. A body cools down one or two degrees per hour until it reaches the same temperature as the environment.

At least two victims ate just hours before the murder so the ME will look at stomach contents.

Rigor mortis begins a few hours after death so that would be another way to determine TOD.

If we knew what time BK entered the house we'd probably have a better idea.

I do agree! HOWEVER, (possible) current injuries can (possibly) be attributed to his recent "state of mind." Although there are a million possibilities, it's only when you put everything together that you get the whole picture. You should note everything and then discard what doesn't end up being relevant.
Yes, but you need the right timing as well, which I'm sure you mean. His right hand is getting more injured by the hour judging from discussion here. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member