ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever it’s a case of 99% repeat information or of no consequence with the odd either deliberate or inadvertent bit of valuable insight.

I believe that one individual may have had a stalker. They said hat in multiple interviews people discussed this. I find it hard to believe that multiple people would say the same thing unless it was verifiable. The competence of that stalker may suggest how much or how little the individual knew they were in danger. But with multiple suggestions at interview I would be inclined to believe one at least believed they had a stalker.

They clearly have a particular individual in mind who was targeted. Quite a game changer.

They ruled out everyone who spoke on the 911 call. Not everyone in attendance. If it’s a close contact entirely plausible they would put themselves on the scene the next day as it explains away evidence.

The unwillingness to answer the question about the perpetrator attending the first floor is telling. Easy to rule out and not prejudice to any trial. They have tended to be quite open about what they have ruled out. Not doing so here is telling IMO.

I don’t believe unfortunately that they have a clear suspect in mind or believe it could be one of the cleared list. You can make the assumption the police and trooper presence is for reassurance. But that last answer from the captain was telling. He was conveying concern - Travel in pairs, stay together etc… they don’t want to alarm but he was speaking from the heart there and was very much conveying vigilance. Which is what the police keep saying. You don’t iterate that so much if you think this was an isolated targeted attack or have a suspect under surveillance. IMHO.

After that I’m verging more towards the stalker stranger hypotheses

Out of the whole press conference the only thing interesting that came up is the 911 call and the wi fi pinging question. What the hell is the point of these stunts? Why is nobody asking about the DNA, handprints, what do they have on the killer? These should be the most basic questions possible. Instead we get:

"How are you feeling guys, you good? Do you need a cup of coffee tomorrow"?

What the... Are the reporters not allowed to ask certain questions or something?
My eyes were rolling at a lot of the wasted questions, but that one took the cake. That idiot needs his press badge revoked!

Advice not given: additional door locks, etc.
I would think that there would be quite a lot of emphasis on hardening targets with common sense measures if they didn't believe this was individually targeted.
This is what makes me lose faith in these cops. They're either very incompetent or horrible at getting an actual point across... "Travel in pairs" is literally your advice for people to defend themselves from a killer who... killed in pairs? Sounds like a comedy sketch. What you suggested is far more reasonable. The killer wouldn't have killed them or at least had a much bigger difficulty if they actually locked their back sliding door or at least had more counter-measures there that wouldn't allow them to attack them in their sleep like that.

Of every statement made, I found this most interesting. I am torn as to whether this is meaningful or just an odd phrasing.
It sounds like a riddle but I highly doubt there was intent.

Things you might NOT see that would matter: someone not in a group photo where you'd expect them, someone who had been at an event and then was unexpectedly absent, something that was missing from the house, something that is missing from a secondary location.

Odd.

(The statement referenced ^^^ being ... "what you don't see" in "a photo or video" )

The way that you explain that makes me think that the police are speaking to the killer(s).
The presser may be more about communicating with the killer(s) than informing the public.

I noticed something interesting in the police logs from yesterday.

Now, the area in which this happened is exactly where Mad Greek, a restaurant where two of the victims worked, is located. Could it be the perp is an unhinged person hanging in the area of the South Main Street?
This is interesting to me, because it could have been a male coworker of Xana and Kaylee. This comes to mind: male food server skimming money from till-Xana or Kaylee see this-it gets reported-male gets fired-male exacts revenge at a later date. Does this sound plausible?

When asked about what people could do to not be targeted, nothing was mentioned about "making sure to lock your doors, windows, etc." A few possibilities: 1) It was not a question they had ahead of time and he may have just not thought of it off-the-cuff; 2) They know the person entered using a door code/key so locking up wouldn't have helped; or 3) They didn't want to give something away about the crime scene that the perp entered through an unlocked door.

I am curious where in the house the dog was located. I wish someone would have asked, though likely they would not have been able to answer.

Waiting for a transcript for answer to final question but what caught my attention was the official’s response to what it may look like going forward to avoid being targeted, - safety suggestions, protocols. living arrangements adjustments were some issues mentioned.

If the killer was an invited guest, there would likely be evidence of a clean up, correct? Stairs cleaned, washing machine having traces of blood, bleach purchase, etc?

Waiting for a transcript for answer to final question but what caught my attention was the official’s response to what it may look like going forward to avoid being targeted, - safety suggestions, protocols. living arrangements adjustments were some issues mentioned.
Maybe only giving individuals who live there/who you completely trust access (key code, keys, etc.) access to your residence

LE seemed very calm on this presser (although I can't compare to the other pressers as I didn't watch them). I find that somewhat reassuring. Hoping they have someone and are just building the case.

Mayor was emotional/defeated sounding (like someone mentioned) but doubt Mayor would be informed they have a POI at this stage.

Edit: If they thought a serial killer was on the loose in the area, wouldn't they be giving out personal safety tips to residents? And seem more scared? Even outside of presser; not sure if anyone that lives in area/students have seen that sort of PSA?
great point but they said it was targeted so they know something to not tell residents to be safe, lock doors etc. As if there was never any threat to the general public.

Out of the whole press conference the only thing interesting that came up is the 911 call and the wi fi pinging question. What the hell is the point of these stunts? Why is nobody asking about the DNA, handprints, what do they have on the killer? These should be the most basic questions possible. Instead we get:

"How are you feeling guys, you good? Do you need a cup of coffee tomorrow"?

What the... Are the reporters not allowed to ask certain questions or something?

old school reporters would have been on top of that. Looks like a lot of young reporters at the PC. The only real challenge question was from the older guy from NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member