ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the periphery-maybe a newer student who has left campus and is not going to show up again

Hell of a coincidence to arrive home at the same time unplanned. Unless LE is playing it loose with the "by about 1a.m.".

They must be playing loose because didn't they also say that about the couple and the two girls? If I recall correctly, didn't they say all four were out separately but arrived home around 1:45am? What groups do that twice in one night?

Of every statement made, I found this most interesting. I am torn as to whether this is meaningful or just an odd phrasing.
It sounds like a riddle but I highly doubt there was intent.

Things you might NOT see that would matter: someone not in a group photo where you'd expect them, someone who had been at an event and then was unexpectedly absent, something that was missing from the house, something that is missing from a secondary location.

Odd.
This statement worries me. In my opinion, it implies that the killer IS someone that is known to the community and is very good at slipping away unnoticed. The killer may have taken something (that the police are specifically aware of-possibly left at the scene) from someone else that has not been perceived as being missing or important that it is missing.

Thank you, I did know about body position, etc. I just don't know that they were asleep. There are lots of other things to do under the covers aside from sleeping :)
If you were awake and and someone with a knife came in, you would probably get up though and be upright or semi-upright by the time they reached you.

At least one was awake or woke up, though, because there were defensive wounds.

And it does raise questions about whether you’d react if someone know to you came into your student bedroom concealing a knife. If I didn’t perceive a threat, I probably wouldn’t sit up.

I’d add any forms of transportation that are normally parked somewhere overnight but were missing for a period of time. Perhaps also outerwear that normally is on a coatrack or in a closet but vanished temporarily or permanently. Shoes, too. Eyeglasses that were the norm but might have broken so no longer being worn. Phone with broken screen. Anything damaged or missing either temporarily or since that evening.

I also hope people might mention mundane behaviors but at odd hours such as doing laundry in the middle of the night in the wee hours of that Sunday.
And unusual use and odors of bleach

It says that they both arrived home ‘by 1:00 am.’ This could be true if one arrived home at 11:00 pm, and the other arrived home at 12:55 am. It doesn’t imply that they arrived home at the same time. (They may have, of course.)

The "by" can have the meaning you say, that's true, but they are pretty clear about the other two groups:

"Police said Chapin and Kernodle were at Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho campus and returned home around 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13. Police said Mogen and Goncalves were at a bar called The Corner Club in downtown Moscow, left the bar and stopped at a food truck, and then also returned home at about 1:45 a.m."

So I still wonder regardless if it was prearranged to be home at a certain time by either group.

This statement worries me. In my opinion, it implies that the killer IS someone that is known to the community and is very good at slipping away unnoticed. The killer may have taken something (that the police are specifically aware of-possibly left at the scene) from someone else that has not been perceived as being missing or important that it is missing.
Any dads missing their prized military knives? Check your home and your getaway hunting cabin.

They're working hard, they said 3-4 times. If they have any evidence or they do know anything, I hope keeping it under wraps results in a sudden surprise arrest of the monster who did this. I don't doubt that the killer is watching this all unfold, may go to the vigils, and may even be reading here. My message to the killer is that they made mistakes, and they should be prepared to be in handcuffs soon.

Press Conference 11/23/2022

Watching that press conference felt like a waste of precious time, honestly. Why hold a press conference to say nothing new whatsoever? To keep the public at bay by looking like they're sharing info even if they're not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members