ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding LE handling of this very frustrating. I am empathetic to them not wanting to taint tips from the public by sharing information that inadvertently creates bias information. Like not telling the public they believe the killer was wearing a red shirt that night and people disregarding people wearing a blue shirt or thinking they saw a red shirt on someone when they didn't. I get stuff like that.

Even the crime scene descriptions sort of understand them being tight lipped about if they think the killer might be someone they have or will interview and they are hoping something gets revealed to them that only the killer could know.

But come on already with not even sharing what the think the motive is for these attacks. I'm sorry this is just unacceptable.

It makes me think they have nothing at all and don't understand what they are looking at.

Not to make light of this horror but it reminds me of the movie Alice's Restaurant when they police make a big show out of littering. They are making a bog show out of what they are collecting, how many pictures they took, how many men are working the case, what the university is doing, the money invested, the medias efforts and the publics, but when it's all said and done their investigation is hollow inside and they are trying to hide that from the public.

I'm not only disappointed by this presser. I am also angered by it.

Tell us something useful like the order of the attacks or why the other roommates were spared. Tell us something to help us understand. 9 days is a longtime to be without any answers to any questions.

/RANT
I hear you but I don't share your feelings.
It was a presser.
For the press.
BUT
I'm pretty sure they have a good idea that the killer OR killers, male OR female will also be glued to it.
Cos profiled pretty thoroughly by now. IMO.

To that end, I'm fully prepared to give them a pass.

Is the killer or killers likely to strike again?
Where and when?

I'm pretty sure this factor was taken into account when making their decision.
Now I'm trying to figure out how the withholding of the info is telling us?

It's a huge case and I felt an undercurrent of how seriously they're taking it.

I feel they are worried.

Now I'm trying to figure their specific understanding of 'targeted'.
It could refer to the College, the building, the street as well as any one or all 4 of the victims or their dog.

IMO

I have a feeling this is going to be another Delphi, Rhoden family and/or McStay murders case.

Multiple victims, complicated evidence, and is going to take a LOOOONNNNGGGG time to solve. Sigh.
You can pretty much count on it. Police work is incompatible with mental versatility and creativity. That's not to impugn the police, just to say that the type of person who can succeed in police work is not liable to be a person who "thinks outside the box." If the evidence doesn't fit the paradigm, it usually takes much longer to get results.

Yep! I’ve felt that from the beginning!!! Cross the t’s, dot the i’s!

I have a completely new opinion after this presser. I can’t say what it is (TOS), but I feel more confident than I did before. I think they know what happened and are waiting for test results to prove it.

<modsnip>

Same here. I didn't think that was the case until today. I'm going over every scenario and that's the only one that makes sense, though I hope it's not the case.
A. The press conference (the wording was deliberate. There was also a notable tone in his voice at one specific point. It may have been unconscious, but it was telling IMO).
B. The fact that the dog was spared (and potentially silent during the killings). 4 humans were butchered but the dog was allowed to live?

Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did we come to conclusion that E was the one that was the one that was "unconscious" one on the floor? Did they say a male was unconscious? If that is the case (and I missed that detail) then it would make sense he may have went to investigate what was going on. What if the unconscious person was one of the girls?

Possibilities: dark clothes where blood doesn’t show

OR

Wore one outfit to do the stabbings—then stripped it off, bundled it into a bag, and wore another outfit home

Other possibilities?

MOO
Left via the wooded area behind the house where clothes could be changed. I'm thinking the killer lives alone or travels because bloody clothes would alert a partner or roommate. What terrifies me is the idea he/she took a shower before leaving, cleaned the shower, put their clothing (left by the kitchen slider) back on and walked away. This is extreme thinking, but if it's even remotely correct then more murders will follow. But... most lust killings involve some sort of sexual aspect (here's where "no sexual assault" might be misleading) so this makes me wonder if Ethan was the target but why go upstairs to kill Kaylee and Maddie.

Can we tell from the picture/pics of the house if there was anything there to rest it on at that height or if it’s more likely someone took the picture?
Good question. I’m not sure. But college kids/my friends (I’m not hugely older) get creative when it’s photo time. A stack of chairs, coolers, a bbq grill , whatever can be used.

So this statement by LE immediately made me think about the two surviving roommates and how it’s been said (I think - it’s hard to keep up) that they both were out separately that night and arrived home separately around/by 1am.

I’m well aware these two roommates are not suspects, but what if somehow one of them was the intended target and the advice to travel in pairs was somehow related to one of them not having done that?
He also mentioned providing some kind of alarm devices.
As in, at this point, any and everyone is a potential target? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member