ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, After Hearing part of todays press conference I still Think It Has something to do with the girls The restaurant And A spurned customer But Am just not As sure as I Was before, One Thing Though, LE said they Haven’t been able To corroborate That K Had A stalker, I think That statement Was deliberately misleading, Meant for The stalker himself… Think about It. you wouldn’t come out and say Yes she Had A stalker And we’re on It.. You Want whoever did this feeling confident He got away with It, While you Gather enough evidence, There’s A lot They’re not telling us For Good reason, I bet after school resumes next week An arrest will be made based on forensics , That’s all they’re waiting on I’m sure…
You're probably right about the stalker thing, but I really didn't get the impression that they had solid leads at all. They seemed quite flustered.

Quite frankly it almost felt like a safer bet... But now I'm wondering if it was someone far more dangerous. That may sound weird but its more explainable and less scary than a deranged person that might do it again?
Seems like a stretch, but I wonder if those calls were from the killer using K & M’s phones after they were killed, with the purpose of luring J over to kill him too. Maybe the killer had a vendetta against that whole group of friends. Although with the two girls downstairs not being harmed, maybe not. Not sure how much those girls are a core part of their group.

LE said the driveway was gravel, so no tire tracks or foot prints, but blood trail as they walked away is possible. Your post made me start wondering. Did they have "tracking dogs" there at the scene the first day of the investigation? Or after? I think it's possible, for anything is possible, that this person could've walked home after the murders. I doubt they parked nearby. So, I wonder if they used tracking dogs.
The media was and has been all iver there from the start. No dogs noted. Nor has LE mentioned them or included any canine support as part of its Team.

Seems like a stretch, but I wonder if those calls were from the killer using K & M’s phones after they were killed, with the purpose of luring J over to kill him too. Maybe the killer had a vendetta against that whole group of friends. Although with the two girls downstairs not being harmed, maybe not. Not sure how much those girls are a core part of their group.

It’s an intriguing theory, but a couple of problems.

How did the killer unlock the phones?

What would the killer have planned to do if J answered?

I believe that the calls were made over a half hour period. That’d be quite some time to be ‘luring.’ What if someone DID hear some noise and call 911?

Tpen: #10 is closed, so I reply here. I agree that some people are heavy sleepers, but in this case it's two individuals at the same time. The noise and screaming during a fight regarding life and death must be quite noisy and different from normal noise.
if youre stabbed in the chest, you cant scream - id imagine you cant even catch your breath. Also its believed they were all sleeping when attacked, it could all have happened with very little sound that could be heard outside the room. jmo.

Parents of a boy that Ethan texted confirmed that Ethan was still at the Sigma Chi at 2:00AM, so the police are incorrect in their timeline.
Police have phone records from each of the victims at this point, so they are much more reliable than a mom whose son thinks E was still at Sigma Chi at 2 AM based on text messages from him around that time. I do think it's interesting that the information about E and X's night has been so sparse compared to the information regarding K and M's movements

A more believable/recent? set of plans comes at the beginning of all the threads. The steps to third floor are located on the opposite side of the house from those to the first floor. It looks like the first floor was once a basement and that the third floor was added on. This is important because the location of the first floor stairs shows how someone who didn't know the house well could miss them in the dark if they came in through the kitchen slider.
Agree with this except I don’t know that the first floor was ever a basement. With the hilly terrain in this area around campus (& other parts of town), that kind of construction is common & those living areas aren’t considered “basements” per se. Moo.

I don’t know when the third floor was added but think it was pre-2000 for sure & perhaps pre-1990?

I Have A question, It was asked by one of the reporters about Wi Fi and cell phone pings, can someone explain this, I’m pretty tech challenged, I Thought cell phones pinged of cell towers only

The timeline confuses me a bit. It shows both sets of roommates arriving home at approx. the same time. 1:45am. I know the two girls were caught on a neighbors ring camera getting home. Do they have the same for the other couple? It just strikes me as being odd that 2 sets of people went to different places during the evening but yet arrived home at the same general time? When they arrived the other two surviving girls were already home correct? Honestly from my college days, I rarely got home before 3am. So it's just strange to me that everyone in that lived in that house was home before 2am. But, sigh, I'm old, maybe things are different now.

KAYLEE'S FAMILY SPEAKS OUT: This weekend, Kaylee Goncalves' mom, sister and aunt spoke to NBC NEWS. Kaylee's sister said that Kaylee & Maddie arrived home at 1:56 a.m. on 11/13/22, and that she confirmed the timestamp from video footage and told the cops.

If these blue prints are entirely correct then the killer would have no stairs to access the third floor from the second.

??
I don't think you are reading the blueprints correctly. The stairs going to the 3rd level are like 10 or so "real life" feet from the 2nd floor sliding door, kinda of even with or just past the kitchen. It is the "box". It is not shown with actual staircases because the actual virtual imagery of stairs on blueprint signifies "how u got there", aka, there is stairs displayed on the top of the blueprints with the word "top" because those stairs came from the 1st floor.
On the 3rd floor diagram you see the word "top" and, again, visual imagery of stairs. Because those stairs "got you" to that floor. You will notice they match up with that "un-labeled box" on floor 2.

So long story short.....you are incorrect. A killer would have easy access to the 3rd floor as he would have to pass the steps to get to either bedroom on the 2nd floor and vice versa etc etc

LE said the driveway was gravel, so no tire tracks or foot prints, but blood trail as they walked away is possible. Your post made me start wondering. Did they have "tracking dogs" there at the scene the first day of the investigation? Or after? I think it's possible, for anything is possible, that this person could've walked home after the murders. I doubt they parked nearby. So, I wonder if they used tracking dogs.
Yes...scroll the article for a picture...

Looks like it is from Nov 14th.
There may have been more tracking dogs, but the unrelated dog story makes googling challenging.

I think it was planned. Escape route, time of attack, change of clothes, disposal of clothes, weapon, etc etc.
I think that that is very likely along with the possibility that he cleaned up there as well. He clearly wasn't worried about someone finding him there because of the time it took to murder four people. There is something bothering me about the whole thing and I can't seem to put my finger on it .

I Have A question, It was asked by one of the reporters about Wi Fi and cell phone pings, can someone explain this, I’m pretty tech challenged, I Thought cell phones pinged of cell towers only
They had a wifi-router connection at their home. If the perp had carried their cell-phone with them into the house, and had already been there before, he might've automatically connected to the internet. There'd be a record of that from the ISP (Internet Service Provider). But based on the reaction from the Chief, it seems like they did that and didn't get anything. MOO.

With regards to the house schematics that were in thread # 10, it says “blood stains” on the right side (near the rear) of the house. This refers to the blood drippings on the outside of the house, right? That is one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen. This area looks like it would be under Kaylee’s room. Does this seem correct?
Fortunately, this sensationalist label started by the DailyMail has ceased and is being reported by other MSM as "red stains running down the foundation." There's no evidence or confirmation the foundation staining tested positive as blood.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> It's probably just wording and me, but I found the choice of words etc. used by LE in its answer regarding the parking lot search of vehicles a little interesting, "...of some of those vehicles belonged to the victims and some belonged to other people in the house..." (~32:24)

I can also see how it would be perfectly understandable not to use roommate there or someone specifically. And, I wondered how that theory might balance with withholding the 911 call, the clearing of those at the residence when the 911 call was made, and the paraphrased what you don't see can be important comment (~3:47, same link above). Sorry if this has been posted already. MOO.

He thought he was killing werewolves and Medusas, and that the devil was talking to him.

Not the first quintuple stabbing murders in the area, either. This was in an adjacent community:

The two murderers in both these cases were connected to their victims and both were connected to the same university. De Grood had been readmitted to university and was due to start a new program of studies in the fall. Joshua Lall was completing a Master's degree in architecture.

Look for someone connected to the victims, a student under stress from the pressures of studies and a history of mental illness and psychotic breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26