ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Yeah I looked it up on UI's website and it starts in August. But how long is it? Is it a semester long process and then selection? If so, could still be an angle to look into.

When I was typing that, I thought that perhaps a pledge or junior brother could've been hitting on Xana at the party and senior brother Ethan could've stepped in to stop it. If said pledge or junior brother was both narcissistic and inebriated, well...

Wasn't Ethan a freshman?

I don't know why peopl keep saying they have tons of evidence, The police said yesterday that they have 103 pieces of evidence. That;s not much at all.
That‘s what I thought, and the statement 103 pieces of a evidence wasn’t followed by a “So far.”
What exactly would be included? Physical things from crime scene
I’m thinking fingerprints, blood samples from the scene, cell phones, purses/IDs
clothing of four people- that could be 8 pieces
bed linens of 3 beds- 12+

the 4000 pictures isn’t part of that
autopsy isn’t part of that
toxicology isn‘t part of that
digital probably not included, cell, cc’d, banking
video footage
statements not included

With the crime scene having been described as messy, and bloody, with four bodies, and includes two bedrooms maybe three plus possibly common spaces, entry/ exit

103 seems low, not that I know what to compare it to.
It would include not just the valuable pieces of evidence- but those that turn out to not be helpful.
JMO

Last edited:
If all victims were asleep when attacked, there will be nothing under their finger nails.
I’m not sure how you can state that so firmly as if it is fact.
The coroner said some had defensive wounds, so that doesn’t sounds like they were asleep.
They won‘t know what is under fingernails until they analyze what is under fingernails.
IMO

Wasn't Ethan a freshman?
My son is 20 and a sophomore in college
Kids usually graduate from high school at 18 or 19
Also I think E and X had been dating since last spring- and her dad mentioned her getting more serious- since she had met E. If they are freshman they would have met Aug
I think they are sophomores
JMO

So, let’s say that this is a targeted crime, like law enforcement have stated- and one or more of the students were the intended victim. How* would this person, ready with the knife to kill, know that the door of their target’s house would be left unlocked, and on this particular night? Even if a stranger followed them home from a bar and had that knife ready to go, the murders didn’t take place til the students were in bed and three o’ clock in the morning is a long time to be waiting for nothing if it turns out the door was locked. A front door would almost definitely be locked, but a back door could be out of sight out of mind- no guarantee though for it to be unlocked for the crime if this was an outside stalker. This occurred on a weekend so has anything been said as to whether friends/acquaintances were over at the house earlier in the day and someone could have unlocked the door from the inside so it would be ready to go? Or someone who was familiar enough with the house to know there was a dog that would need to be let out, so it would be more likely for the door to be unlatched?

I am of the opinion that if it was a stranger, the stranger is local to that neighborhood. The stranger has a great vantage point of their parking area, can see the comings and goings. He stalks them for a time. Maybe he sees Kaylee let the dog out in the back and doesn't lock the sliding door and that is normal routine. OR he's broken into the home previously through the back door while they are away and snoops around, gets intel (victim's names for instance). Stalks them online possibly.

He then decides to make his move that night. If it's locked it's locked, home is a few hundred feet away. But through his previous experience, he's counting on it being unlocked.

There's only a handful houses that have a nice direct view of the parking lot. There's also a house west on king road near the dead end that has a nice view. Again, MOO.

That whole residential area has surveillance on all road entry points. North you got footage from the schools, East you have a gas station, south you have to drive by a storage area with a camera next to the main road. A stranger following them home is going to be seen. MOO.

My son is 20 and a sophomore in college
Kids usually graduate from high school at 18 or 19
Also I think E and X had been dating since last spring- and her dad mentioned her getting more serious- since she had met E. If they are freshman they would have met Aug
I think they are sophomores
JMO

MSM says he was a freshman.

potentially. I was just imagining the worst crime scene possible, and multiplying by 2. Covered would be a blessing imo
If one of the victims was targeted personally, this may be the case. I have read that murderers will often take measures to cover the person or something similar if it was a personal target. JMO.

MSM says he was a freshman.

Interesting…
His obit says he and his siblings started college Aug 2021

“In August of 2021, our family made the journey to University of Idaho to drop off all three of our kiddos at college. The boys, both Ethan and Hunter, joined the fraternity of Sigma Chi and Maizie joined Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority.“

JMO- Warning: Don’t click on the video on the obit unless you are prepared with tissues.

Last edited:
That‘s what I thought, and the statement 103 pieces of a evidence wasn’t followed by a “So far.”
What exactly would be included? Physical things from crime scene
I’m thinking fingerprints, blood samples from the scene, cell phones, purses/IDs
clothing of four people- that could be 8 pieces
bed linens of 3 beds- 12+

the 4000 pictures isn’t part of that
autopsy isn’t part of that
toxicology isn‘t part of that
digital probably not included, cell, cc’d, banking
video footage
statements not included

With the crime scene having been described as messy, and bloody, with four bodies, and includes two bedrooms maybe three plus possibly common spaces, entry/ exit

103 seems low, not that I know what to compare it to.
It would include not just the valuable pieces of evidence- but those that turn out to not be helpful.
JMO
Until investigators release the crime scene, they will continue to gather evidence from the house, in my opinion.

I’ve been thinking about this since you posted it, accordn2me
Thinking about how that day may have looked
The two surviving roommates would have began to stir, discover a body, call friends, someone called 911.
Friends and LE would show up, these two girls are in PJs, likely not wanting to go back into the house, I wouldn’t.
Where did they go, how long did it take for family to show up and take them home. Who went back in to get their things- if they could at all?
Who knows where Murphy is, crate, yard, upstairs, wandering around?
The scene would have been chaos upon chaos as each body was discovered one after the other. I’m glad Murphy was found and returned to J.
I did notice he was shaved close in the last picture- it is Idaho in the winter. I’m thinking they collected hair off of him for evidence??
JMO
Trying to make anything about the senseless murders understandable is not possible, imo. I'm just trying to understand the behavior afterwards. At this point, we don't have any information to explain why friends were called before police...and we don't know how many other people were there before the police got there. From the early reports that the 911 operator spoke to "multiple" people on the 911 call, it sounds like they were all (operator too) trying to make sense of the scene. Recalling the Travis Alexander 911 call, several people talked to that operator too. Initially, that was another, 'are you kidding me' case (as it was several days before other friends that didn't live there had to go over and make the call.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member