ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a lethal hunting weapon (KaBar knife?) was used in the crimes, the perpetrator had to have known how lethal that weapon was, as well as how to use it. Maybe a hunter and student that owned the weapon long before the murders.
A k-bar is not a "lethal hunting weopon." No hunter hunts with a k-bar.

And what does perpetrator knowing how lethal a weapon it is have to do at all with hunting? An EMT would know how lethal weaponing it is. K-bars were designed for killing people. NO ONE uses one to kill dear, or elk, or rabbit or any animal. You would not use one to butcher an animal after either.

So k-bar is not a "hunting weapon. so why would it make a hunter one iota more likely to be the killer than someone who rides a bike, or hikes, or kayaks ??

So about why the room mates called for help from the brother/sister or friends who then chaotically called 911. It is not mysterious or nefarious at all.
Because initially at the very very least one or both saw blood, either on their stairs or on the second floor and became frightened, dazed and confused on that unimaginably terrible Sunday morning. MOO

Imagine that a 1st floor person opened her door and saw blood on the stairs. Or made it up to the second floor and saw blood.
What would you do? You are stunned and terrified, not knowing what it means or if it is real or a nightmare…. Maybe wondering if you are in danger. So you either pound on the door of your room mate next to you on the first floor or run down and lock yourself in your room while calling the person next door who doesn’t understand what you are saying but then calls for friends to come over because her roommate is freaked out and nothing makes sense your heart is pounding you are in shock and neither of you knows what it means that the 2nd and 3rd floor friends don’t respond and why is there is blood up there, maybe everywhere? Why is the house so deadly quiet?
What has happened as we slept? Am I dreaming? These thoughts may have been racing through their heads.

Siblings possibly or friends arrive and see blood on stairs or go up and see blood on 2nd floor. I hope that’s all they saw but the coded 911 record describing an unconscious person leads me to believe they inadvertently stumbled into a severely traumatic, devastating scene.
They are all wounded, grieving victims, too. We should treat them all with kindness and respect.
MOO

What??? I feel like I'm missing something?? Which car?? Which perp???
Context?? Was there suspicious activity??

Nobody has said anything about a parked vehicle with regards to this homicide.
Nothing has been stated by LE/Media about a car parked on Queen Rd. I just thought that it would be a prime location to park if one wanted to carry out the crime and not be seen

We don’t technically know the roommates found anybody with blood. One discussion has been bedrooms were locked and roommates couldn’t get in. Banging on doors, dog barking, calling phones with no answer. Therefore called friend(s) to say something weird is going on. Then called 911.
From the minute the alive roommate called friend/friends to the time the friends arrived...I'd be completely freaking out. It just baffles me that 911 was not called. Aside from the 2 alive roommates, the house would have been completely silent unless other students also stayed at house Saturday night. I wonder if a friend/family member/greek frat bro or sorority sis of one of the victims showed up at house Sunday morning and rang the front door causing the 2 roommates on 1st floor to wake up.

If there was no rape or burglary..what else could it be but targeted? In the beginning they said randomly targeted. I even posted a comment about this very early on. I asked how could it be random and targeted.
I do agree "randomly targeted" is strange construction. I would think that random and targeted could go together for the most part if cops thought then (and perhaps still) it was someone who had just met them or something like that. For example if they had evidence that one of the girls had rebuffed or slighted someone trying to pick them up at a bar. In that sense the killing would arise from a "random" encounter that makes one or both of the single girls the targeted victim. ie not someone they know well. But while targeted goes with their initial statement that there was no ongoing danger; random does not.

Might LE be looking at known perpetrators of homophobic hate crimes?

Whether or not their perception is accurate, a seed of judgement planted in the deranged mind of an intolerant bigot and fertilized by unconscious self loathing can ultimately bear toxic fruit.

In this image, there are a couple of red spots under the railing where it meets the deck (directly above the E of the word Police on the crime scene tape). Could be from the red berries on one of the adjacent trees, but wonder if it could be blood and the perp arrived at and left the scene from the back of the house:

from: Expert: Idaho slayings similar to crimes that inspired 'Scream' movies

1669529671055.png

Attachments

• 1669529050365.png
    1669529050365.png
    656.1 KB · Views: 101
Might LE be looking at known perpetrators of homophobic hate crimes?

Whether or not their perception is accurate, a seed of judgement planted in the deranged mind of an intolerant bigot and fertilized by unconscious self loathing can ultimately bear toxic fruit.
Was one of the roommates in a same-sex relationship or something?

Thought these were interesting images from an article from the NY Post.

Investigators at the house today, at the car park at the back pointing in the distance to the right. And an investigator looking out again in the same direction from the middle window on the 3rd floor.

I wonder if there are houses/ apartments in that direction that the perp could have been watching from?

View attachment 382733

View attachment 382734

That pavement where the four investigators are standing and pointing would seem well-suited for the killer to park before and get away afterward without being seen. He could park there and slip down into the trees right behind the house. The lot seems to be roughly level with the balcony too which gives him a view into the upstairs girls' rooms.

A k-bar is not a "lethal hunting weopon." No hunter hunts with a k-bar.

And what does perpetrator knowing how lethal a weapon it is have to do at all with hunting? An EMT would know how lethal weaponing it is. K-bars were designed for killing people. NO ONE uses one to kill dear, or elk, or rabbit or any animal. You would not use one to butcher an animal after either.

So k-bar is not a "hunting weapon. so why would it make a hunter one iota more likely to be the killer than someone who rides a bike, or hikes, or kayaks ??
A KaBar can be a lethal hunting weapon according to it's company's website. From KaBar's website:
'Hunting & Outdoor
Whether you're leisurely camping, surviving in the elements, or full-on backcountry hunting, KA-BAR knives are versatile, dependable, and even as rugged as you are.
'

I am just stating that IMO, the Murderer was familiar with the type of fixed blade knife used the murders. It was not the first time they had handled that type of knife. The weapon and it's potential use was not new to them.

Hunter's have familiarity with all types of knives and how dangerous/lethal they can be. Your average joe might not.

JMO

I am sure there are some that are designed to be more secure than others. But in general sliding glass doors are absolutely known and city by police as very insecure. Lots of videos on youtube showing how easily they can be popped - and in total silence.
I should have been clearer. My point is that even if sliding doors are "known" to be insecure(as the ones from the 60's and 70's that slide on the outside most definitely were), this house was renovated in 2018, so might have had an inside door slider which might not easily pop out (mine does not, it only comes out if it's in the right position. Track was made specifically to avoid being popped). That not all sliders are created equal or equally poppable.

While I do believe access was from the sliding door, I don't believe it was popped up and out/in. No one would have bothered to put it back after killing four people, and LE, imo, would have not put it back but boarded it up, again in my experience.

I took note that everything came in and out the front door, plus I saw the stools blocking the slider which indicated to me LE didnt want anyone going in or out of there

In this image, there are a couple of red spots under the railing where it meets the deck (directly above the E of the word Police on the crime scene tape). Could be from the red berries on one of the adjacent trees, but wonder if it could be blood and the perp arrived at and left the scene from the back of the house:

from: Expert: Idaho slayings similar to crimes that inspired 'Scream' movies

View attachment 382926
this is actually a really good thought. Too bad the resolution of the photo is so low. I did a Google reverse image search to see if I could find one of higher resolution and unfortunately, I could not. Hoping for more details soon. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member