ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought X and E were the targets but Im starting to agree w u. He starts on fl3 and the 2nd fl is is more difficult and louder so he stops early.
He may not have even known the roommates were home since they returned earlier than the victims. I'm not sure we know that he started on the second floor. If he knew there was a man in the house he may have eliminated what he believed to be the biggest threat first before moving on to the third floor. Imo

Didn’t the roommates call friends and E's sibling because they believed he was still sleeping or passed out? I haven't heard any mention of them smelling blood but I'm sure by the time police got there and discovered all the bodies it was not pleasant.
Blood has a distinct odor, but humans lose their sense of smell in REM or deep sleep which is why people often fail to awaken during house fires and die from smoke inhalation. Scents Will Not Rouse Us From Slumber, Says New Brown University Study

Curious why nobody has questioned why we have three pairs of two who went separate ways that fatal night. What preceded their plans? Maybe this was normal but from social media they seemed to stick together. Any thoughts as to why this has not been focal point of the investigation? It could just be happen stance or it could suggest more.

Curious why nobody has questioned why we have three pairs of two who went separate ways that fatal night. What preceded their plans? Maybe this was normal but from social media they seemed to stick together. Any thoughts as to why this has not been focal point of the investigation? It could just be happen stance or it could suggest more.
Great observation

It seems like most posters here think the killer is not a student. I’m curious why you think that. Care to explain?
We dont know.
If the killer/s is/are students it's possibly personal. But I imagine LE would have a suspect by now and I've not heard a single word from them to suggest this is the case. Then again they're professionals..
If a stranger/s they could have been targeted for other reasons. too many to mention.

I see no motive, even ignoble, to begin to explain the murders, the methodology or whatever it was that fuelled it.
Or any certainty it will not be repeated.

You brought up a good point that made me think about this unpleasant scenario in a different way:

Of course, not everyone sleeps on their backs or stomachs (Rollings killed his victims by turning them around and stabbing through their backs). The coroner stated that all victims were stabbed in the upper chest; with one fatal wound at the end — IICR.

At the very least, the killer would have had to have enough light to see their sleeping or current positions in their beds and turn them on their backs to kill them the way the coroner stated— and it would have to be done in relatively quickly to avoid either completely waking the person, having the person fight back, and/or giving the victim time to yell out in alarm.

Also, I really do wonder how he made his way through the house and in the rooms and actually see and then murder the victims in darkness. I’ve thought about that a lot and I really don’t know and I definitely don’t think he turned on the lights.

*And to fix my typo in my previous post: I was a PIO: I am dyslexic.
How could the killer killed all 4 without at least one of them making some noise? How didn't one of the roommates hear anything either above them or below them?? So many things don't add up.

I hate hate hate to ask this but I have wondered if duct tape was put over their mouths. I have considered it due to the lack of anyone hearing anything. If, per chance, that was the case I wonder if that would help determine whether they were asleep or awake? Although, I am not sure exactly how it might help determine that.
An early media report stated that there was a rumor of them being bound and duct taped and it was not true. If I come across it, I’ll post it here.

Sorry if someone has already responded. I’m playing catch-up on this thread.

Did one of the roommates hear something? I remember seeing a screen laying in the grass at the lower back of the home just next to a window. Did one of the downstairs roommates hear something and try to exit the house via that window?
LE has said they didn’t wake up until the next day but it's certainly possible they heard noises and didn't know what they were at the time. I'm sure there was plenty of noise in a house with 5 college kids with friends coming over at various hours.

He may not have even known the roommates were home since they returned earlier than the victims. I'm not sure we know that he started on the second floor. If he knew there was a man in the house he may have eliminated what he believed to be the biggest threat first before moving on to the third floor. Imo
How would he or she have killed the man and not wake the girlfriend up?

You brought up a good point that made me think about this unpleasant scenario in a different way:

Of course, not everyone sleeps on their backs or stomachs (Rollings killed his victims by turning them around and stabbing through their backs). The coroner stated that all victims were stabbed in the upper chest; with one fatal wound at the end — IICR.

At the very least, the killer would have had to have enough light to see their sleeping or current positions in their beds and turn them on their backs to kill them the way the coroner stated— and it would have to be done in relatively quickly to avoid either completely waking the person, having the person fight back, and/or giving the victim time to yell out in alarm.

Also, I really do wonder how he made his way through the house and in the rooms and actually see and then murder the victims in darkness. I’ve thought about that a lot and I really don’t know and I definitely don’t think he turned on the lights.

*And to fix my typo in my previous post: I was a PIO: I am dyslexic.
I think the killer slid off his shoes, because of the wooden floors

LE has said they didn’t wake up until the next day but it's certainly possible they heard noises but didn't know what they were at the time. I'm sure there was plenty of noise in a house with 5 college kids with friends coming over at various hours.
Thank you

I really thought X and E were the targets but Im starting to agree w u. He starts on fl3 and the 2nd fl is is more difficult and louder so he stops early.
I have a pretty good idea LE know the order of stabbings. The killing of E is the one that I'm thinking he had to be asleep. He's a pretty big dude. No way he doesn't put up a big fight if he's awake. Pretty sure his family said he was found in the hall though. If that is indeed true then that gets me back to my initial thought that E heard something upstairs. Gets up runs into killer outside his room struggle ensues. He gets overtaken. X wakes up stumbles out of room... sees intruder then she runs back in her room only to be followed by intruder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member