ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. G says clearly in this video that LE stated the killer came in through the second floor door slider or the window. He didn’t have to go upstairs. Thus if the targets were X and E, there was no point in going to the third floor. I thought Mr. G said she did call 911, but I guess I am mistaken and he said she didn’t call 911.
To me, that ^ circumstance leaves two possibilities. As stated above, if X and E were thew intended targets, there'd be no reason to go upstairs to kill 2 more girls.

So either K and M were the true intended targets, OR it was a thrill/spree killing, and the house was targeted because it had easy access, easy exits, and a secret place to lurk and watch until the break in. JMO

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
Yes, homes can be targeted. For example, the house next door has had three separate break ins with three different owners over the initial 10 years of us living here. No one else on our block has had break-ins during that time as far as I know. I assume these 3 instances were committed by someone familiar with the house and knew how easy it was to gain entrance. Or spread the word? It’s curious to note that this house has sliding glass doors which aren’t common in our older neighborhood.

In the Idaho case, maybe the killing happened at that home only because the killer knew the home’s layout. And his urge to kill, coupled with this knowledge, made the house an easier target than say, some random house. MOO

I changed my mind I’m pretty sure LE knows who done it
That is what I personally think. And they don't have enough evidence now for a probable cause warrant. Or even an arrest. This is going to have to be done the hard way...lots and lots of hours. And I agree, a million dollars is just the beginning of this cost.

This Yelp says "now closed", I wonder if it's closed permanently and a food truck or local takeout bought some equip and the bags from the defunct location?
They're closed on Sundays. Jack in the Box - Moscow, ID
EDITED TO ADD: I just saw on a separate search that the Moscow, ID jack-in-the-box on Pullman is "permanently closed". Last Yelp review is from 2014

Last edited:
I have been thinking about all of this. I really feel whoever did this went in through the sliding door on the 2nd floor. Found the first two asleep. Fatally stabbed them without any noise. Moved to the 3rd floor doing the same to the other 2. Reason the roomates were not harmed? Simply the perp has no idea there were bedrooms below. MOO.

Was it luminol or bluestar?
On Brian Entin's Twitter Space the woman who he was speaking with suggested that the LE in the house on the first floor with the lights off might need to do that because they were using a black light and luminol. Does it help to do luminol testing in the dark to see the blood spots?

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
When they say targeting the house they don’t mean because they’re angry at the physical house itself . They just mean they chose that house based on the fact doors were unlocked , easy access, hidden etc .

Maybe what they mean by targeting the house is the neighbors were angry over the noise of frequent parties? Maybe someone who had some thing against Greek organizations and people belonging to them?
It doesn’t make sense to me that a neighbour would be so angry about noises & partying. Nevermind how unhinged of an overreaction it would be to brutally murder four innocent people for partying when you could just report them for underage drinking, noise complaints, etc. Their house was within throwing distance of Greek Row. You can literally see it right out the window of Sigma Chi. I highly doubt anyone living in this area would be bothered by weeknight predrinks or be dumb enough to think taking out the current residents of a student rental would eradicate their problem. & if their anger was aimed towards Greek life, they probably would’ve made their point clear by targeting one of the ten sorority houses or sixteen fraternity houses right around the corner, no? All MOO.

Because many businesses have a particular aesthetic and if one person can post a poster (about a crime or anything else), others will want to do the same. For that reason, some businesses have a bulletin board inside the business (if it's large enough). If it's a food business, seating people at a window (so that they get a view outside) is obscured by anxiety-producing notices of crime.

Further, who polices the posters? What if the posters veer into suggesting a particular sort of person is being looked for - because the family thinks that's right? I can think of more reasons.

Target stores where I live used to have a community bulletin board, many years ago, but it became impossible to police/vet and some of it was revenge-oriented relationship stuff (people are weird).

If the police want to do it, they would likely use wording such as what you suggest - but police often do not want casual tips. People with real information contact the police as a matter of course and are persistent. They already have what, 1200 "leads" from phone calls? All of which will likely be vetted - creating a massive workload for what is likely to be a small payoff.

At any rate, I doubt there's a single person in that region who doesn't know about this crime and everyone knows how to call a hotline.
The last time I tried to put up 'Missing' posters, the only place that allowed me to post them was a laundromat. None of the stores or restaurants allowed it.

So I could only put them on telephone poles and a few outer walls. By the time I was walking back from the other side of the street, almost all of the ones I had pout up, were already being taken down.

X's name is on the receipt. I believe the girl you are referring to is M. :(
Oh okay! :( Maybe those delivery places do drive that far or maybe after X and E left the party they were last known to be at, they drove to the next town over for Jack in the Box. I recall there being a question of where they were after the party and before the 1:45-2am time they were all getting back to the house.

Just my opinion…

If Police were to share a little more information with the families, and keep them in the loop of the investigation then Kaylee’s Dad may stop talking to the media? he might be attempting to bargain with the Police, to receive more information, by using the media to vent his frustration …

By Police not sharing, with the families, it may be having an opposite effect with what the Police are trying to achieve?

I certainly don’t mean for the Police to share every little detail … but perhaps to answer some of the families questions… share enough information that the families don’t feel totally excluded … and maybe Police need to better communicate their strategic reasoning for withholding info … it may come down to a basic communication problem …???

Grieving persons do not always “hear” the full message initially, and only hear/ focus on small parts of the information …. Sometimes things need to re-explained in simple language …
E.G. Much like people who hear a dreadful medical diagnosis for the first time … they only hear the “diagnosis” and can’t remember anything else from the conversation … it often needs to be re- explained a few times..

I feel that Kaylee’s Dad wants the Police to share the “target” or a “reason“ for the target, so as to streamline the tips in that particular direction ???

I think Police shutting the family out will have the reverse effect of what they are trying to achieve ….I do hope each family have been provided a Police Liason person.

Again, Just my opinion …. And absolutely not bagging Police ….

That is what I personally think. And they don't have enough evidence now for a probable cause warrant. Or even an arrest. This is going to have to be done the hard way...lots and lots of hours. And I agree, a million dollars is just the beginning of this cost.
You're more confident than me. I'm starting to think they have 0 idea. It does seem like the FBI has taken over the case though. Wonder if that means someone came from over state lines to do it. Or if it's just too complex for Moscow PD

Just watched the interview with Kaylee's dad. He's mad as hell and I don't blame him. If something ever happened to me, I would want my husband and my dad on every tv show until LE got their act together.

I do think on the manner of death, he may not mean "manner" in the legal sense but physically the injuries were different (slash versus stab). We talked about this in the first week but if one victim had overkill, LE might have immediately thought that one was targeted and it still sounds like that.

I would want quiet confidence. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member