ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had earlier mentioned that the only thing the two downstairs roommates noticed was that the slider was left open. Mrs G was right, it was like the “boogeyman” had committed the crime.
Last week or earlier on i looked up what Movies they played in Moscow because i seen Redrum written on the footpath outside the theatre ehe....don't ask!!! Anyway i think one of them from memory was Halloween (boogeyman).

Not related to this case... but when i heard KG's mum say that it reminded me of it...

K's family has stated quite directly that this was not unusual for her to call or text incessantly until someone answered her, even in the wee hours of the morning, to ask them mundane questions like what she should eat. I think with that as a baseline for her, it's quite probable the calls were not because she was scared or upset. MOO

And the Goncalves family agreed with that on Fox News with BE

Last week or earlier on i looked up what Movies they played in Moscow because i seen Redrum written on the footpath outside the theatre ehe....don't ask!!! Anyway i think one of them from memory was Halloween (boogeyman).

Not related to this case... but when i heard KG's mum say that it reminded me of it...
Could some disturbed individual have gone to see the movie and obsessed with Michael Myers’s? Does that stuff happen in real life where young impressionable people see movies and act out? What is the statistical percentage of that happening?

Could some disturbed individual have gone to see the movie and obsessed with Michael Myers’s? Does that stuff happen in real life where young impressionable people see movies and act out? What is the statistical percentage of that happening?
I might think "redrum" refers to a classic horror movie being played around Halloween, "The Shining"

I think it would be a bit far fetched, i was just more curious of why they had a huge chalked REDRUM on the path a week before the murders...it was right in town.

Seems like typical college drunk dialing to me! ;)
Or butt dialing…or maybe even being stabbed to death. It’s the frequency of the calls within a short period of time that bother me. I get the feeling the calls were not about having eggs or bacon for breakfast. This screams red flags at me. IMO, they heard creaking and noises in the house

Sorry a bit graphic —

Maybe the reason that one girl had more wounds or seemed more brutal had nothing to do with her being a target? Perhaps she made a noise as she was dying and the individual heard it, freaked out and made sure the noises stopped? Just some thoughts.

Wondering about car washes, cleaning the car...there would have to be blood in the car, unless he washed up in the house and changed clothes (LE may have taken the drain pipes as evidence), even then if he did wash up and change there still likely could be blood in the car.

All these wonderings, it’s so much like all the “wonderings” with BG in Abby’s and Libby’s case, it’s literally endless.

I’m wondering could he live alone, since someone hasn’t come across bloody items, which of course he could have discarded, which brings me back to the car, and blood in the car.

Did he get rid of his car? Hiding his car?

Of course he wouldn’t necessarily have to live alone for someone to not see the perp come home bloody - the other housemates, whether they be family, roommates could’ve been away or asleep when he got in.

Speaking of “he”, I was listening to the podcast “The Thing about Pam”. It’s possible Pam stabbed her friend to death, 64 times or something crazy like that, so ftr and as an example, I don’t think it’s out of the realm for a female to stab someone to death. I’m sure there are some cases to cite, maybe already posted here. And there are some really strong females out there. I think it’s likely a male, but again, not ruling anything out.

I was thinking LE likely checked surveillance cameras at car washes in the area. But maybe, if he did go to a car wash and not clean his car at home, the car wash wasn’t in the area.

Last edited:
I think the news link is conflating two different stories where the Coroner described "quite a bit of blood," and SG offered that the crime scene was "messy" (one of his earlier interviews).

Given the victims were reportedly killed in their beds, and probably sleeping when the attacker entered their rooms, I think the bloody scene was mostly contained in and around the victims' beds, and out of view.

I'm speculating here that one or both of the surviving roommates entered the kitchen at almost noon, and probably thought it odd the house was so quiet. As is the norm for Generation Z, they probably texted/phoned X/E from the kitchen, and when they failed to get a response, probably thought one or both had to be unconscious and called nearby friends and 911.

I think E's brother H was probably one of the first outsiders summoned by the roommates, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the brother that actually discovered E and X mortally wounded.

With the utmost compassion for the surviving roommates, I think instinctively they knew something was very wrong the closer they got to the kitchen. I say this because human blood -- especially in the volume lost by the victims contains water and iron and has a distinctive smell similar to rust. And if you are close enough, depending on the temperature, humidity, etc, you can actually taste the metallic/iron in the air. I hope the surviving roommates saw nothing. MOO
Yes and that’s why the slider was left open

Gives me shivers of Bundy.

I still feel this was an incel who watched afar, obsessed with the group, grew their hatred, planned it all out

This is my theory, IMO
I think the incel angle is definitely possible. Perhaps he was obsessed with one of the women, broke in to attack her, found her in bed with another woman, jumps to the conclusion that this is both his best fantasy (two women!) and worst nightmare (two women he can't have), they wake up and he has to stab them to subdue them and he flips out. Then on exiting kills the other witnesses on the 2nd floor.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I think there are messaging errors with regard to the dog Murphy, the statements released don’t line up. What really happened? I haven’t a clue.
I do think if he was separated from the girls on the 3rd floor, that is highly sus.

<modsnip - off limits>

While it may be tough to investigate, this is a quadruple homicide with national attention, my guess is the Idaho Attorney General and Governor are involved behind the scenes. If the FBI is involved then other agencies could be pulled into action if needed across borders.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily at all. Most do know their killers, but there are “true victim” crimes that happen all the time.

It may “look” like a rage killing because it’s bloody and with a knife— but even knife crimes can be sophisticated, and have a more calculated type of rage, if we were to use that term.

Crimes of Passion which are usually not premeditated, happen a lot with rage in the heat of the moment.

But not all knife crimes are not crimes of passion.

It depends on what you mean by rage? Just the act of being murdered would be considered a victim of someone’s rage, but, would we consider someone who was poisoned an act of rage if they were murdered? Probably not.

But the person slowly killing someone else with that poison could have been so filled with rage and delighted in the fact their victim was slowly fading away. The murderer had rage, but it didn’t really show up in the cause of death… We reserve rage for mass murders, Ax murders, stabbings, etc…

Obviously, Rolling, Bundy, The Night Stalker, BTK, etc… committed horribly violent murders arguably full of rage, but it wasn’t because the victim did anything to deserve it. They had no idea why they were being brutalized… but the killer knows and usually picks a victim (or a place that represents his anger/fixation, i.e. Roger Elliot) and uses the victims as stand ins for whatever it is they’re mad/fixated at/about.
Semantics
RE unconscious or nonresponsive. I believe MPD has indicated that 2 survivors tried to contact other 4 [when they didn't arise], via calls, texts, knocking. They first called friends to try to gain access--implying locked door.<modsnip>
My thinking is that there is no way someone calls 911 and uses the term unconscious to describe a situation they can't see i.e. a closed door and someone isn't answering their cell phone. I would describe unconscious to someone if I saw a person not moving, not breathing, eyes closed etc. So a person, you would think, would say hey i am trying to call my friend and they aren't answering their phone, I live downstairs and I am pretty sure they are home...can you send someone for a welfare check. The simplest thing I can think of is that the girls from 1st floor went up to see what was going on and within seconds of being up there (after maybe peaking in bedroom on 2nd level) saw what they saw and freaked out!! Ran at of the house as fast as they can and during the process of dialing 911 and being traumatized...one of the 2 girls fainted/passed out...hence the term...unconscious during the call?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, graphic…Had a thought regarding wounds not matching. Could it be slice vs stab?
A slashed throat to one would provide the silence and a free hand to cover the mouth of the other for stabbing.

What a baffling and brutal case. I’m following it closely and every day hope to see it resolved. Cannot imagine what the family and friends of these young people are going through. I feel confident police will catch the killer/s

I find it strange that the press releases seem to answer some of the questions we discuss. Are they reading here or are people actually contacting them and asking? For example they clarified the 911 call and also info about the dog. I don’t recall another case where they have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga