ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation because I have a problem sleeping soundly. I have never heard of people sleeping thru a massacre of 4 people within a closed space. Or sleeping thru 6, 7, 8, or however many phone calls one after another. I find that very odd and sad because maybe, just maybe, they could have had some info to help make sense of this tragedy. Seems as if the crime was committed in a vacuum or an alternate universe! JMO
I think the house looks rather large to me IMO. I just think all of the roommates were exhausted and the alcohol probably knocked them out, but I don’t know. I still get the vibe that the killer was stealthy and wore soft soled shoes, that is if he didn’t take them off before entering the slider. But what do I know…I’m no detective

IMO I take this to mean that they don’t have a MATCH yet
I don't know what it means, so I considered it at face value. It doesn't mean he's right, but it also doesn't mean he's wrong. We can't even know that LE didn't ask him to put that out there. We just don't know, so I did not interpret, I just considered it. Although common sense would say that dna is likely there, that's a logical fallacy in itself (appeal to common sense) and to disregard something because it doesn't fit with our assessment potentially means overlooking an odd but true thing. jmo. This is an odd case all around.

Obviously, I agree. I think the LE has a white Elantra with plates that don't match the vehicle, and now they are at the end of options to determine who might be driving one. If the killer drove for any number of miles in that car, they had to get gas (that would be stupid, but criminals are not always brain trusts). Maybe someone saw them on the road? maybe someone saw them in Moscow? but pretty sure that if LE didn't have to ask, they wouldn't IMO. too much risk, not enough reward, and the sheer number of crazy leads.
The LE have a protocol for working with the public. Their profession involves a lot of training in the knowledge of people, systems, public engagement, protection and so much more. These public actions of the LE have purpose, logic, calculated risk based on many years of know-how.

We must know this. These are not security guards, these are well trained individuals with support from a much larger organization.

So, given my bias, the public is engaged and is effective in assisting law enforcement and public safety personnel 24/7 as partners in preserving our environment.

The request to identify the owner of a white xxxx vehicle is specific to the area it was observed. Law enforcement and boarder security are the ones with information and directives to check for certain conditions when the vehicle model is detected and not the public.

Do we know what the four victims were studying? Were any of them taking a class/classes that might have brought them into contact with dangerous people?

(Mostly thinking law or psych classes. Social services? I mean, there are cases where people have gotten killed because they got in the middle of child custody or domestic violence.)

In this situation, it would be interesting to know if two of the girls, one from second and one from 3d floor, took some classes together? I noticed that X @ M were working at the same Cafe, maybe the killer frequented it?

One of the reason to target both floors would be prior encountering two of the girls, X@M, or X@K, somewhere, be at at their work or class.

Likely, this is the struggle:

“Stab wounds on the hands of at least one victim appear to be defensive wounds, according to Mabbutt. She said there was no sign of sexual assault on the bodies during the autopsies.

In their Friday evening update, police said “some” of the victims had defensive wounds.”

In a vulnerable position….

When I was in early elementary we practiced crawling under our desks should a nuclear bomb be headed our way. Dumbest thing ever, but we did it. And we watched the Doomsday Clock on television once a week. My kids role-played saying no to "Stranger Danger" even as children were snatched right out of their bedrooms. And now we have active shooter drills in almost every school. It's always something, but there's a lesson in each and every thing. As parents we have to find that lesson and help our kids, grandkids, etc. focus on what they need to know so they both understand and recognize danger yet feel empowered to take precautions and stand their ground if ever they need to. As awful as this is, it's also a teaching moment.

CODIS stores DNA from perps.

They arrive home from work late evening into the early morning hours. They were wide awake alert at this time of the night and probably angry-trying to get to sleep. They had minutes to act and did so easily. They would have seen the lights going off in the house because they lived in the neighborhood. Was there a previous threat made to the roommates about the noise? from Sigma Chi, the university, LE in the form of a letter in the mail? A noise citation or complaint sent to the roommates before the murders? Or a letter from a neighbor? , hence SG had to sign a waiver before LE could read KGs m

Not a red herring perhaps, but one of the items that was present before the murders that disappeared after the murders IMO
Why would law enforcement expect the car to be potentially crossing boarder if it was just a car present. It was associated with those commiting the crime. Unless they had specific information to believe they were Canadians without any form of modern media technology and they just wanted to check in with the nice people.

Why would law enforcement expect the car to be potentially crossing boarder if it was just a car present. It was associated with those commiting the crime. Unless they had specific information to believe they were Canadians without any form of modern media technology and they just wanted to check in with the nice people.
Further, based on LE’s wording, they know that Elantra wasn’t around the residence after Nov 13th.

Not the first time I've seen someone mention this, and I have to ask... does this actually happen? I have some decent chef's knives, and I can't imagine the tips breaking off under any scenario.

Writing in response to the question of whether a ME or forensic pathologist can determine length of a knife based on stab wounds. My understanding is they can at least give a minimum length based on the deepest knife incision made. It could be longer but based on how far it penetrates that will at least give a minimum.

MOO

In this situation, it would be interesting to know if two of the girls, one from second and one from 3d floor, took some classes together? I noticed that X @ M were working at the same Cafe, maybe the killer frequented it?

One of the reason to target both floors would be prior encountering two of the girls, X@M, or X@K, somewhere, be at at their work or class.
Or previously at their sorority?

edited for puncutation

Yes. I agree. IMO the occupants of the car may have been witnesses too.

I am kind of curious about what peoples thoughts are regarding the murder, or murders in this case.

1. Do you believe they are local and are still in the area? (Considering college students as locals)
2. Local but no longer in the area?
3. Transient (Passing thru)?
4. From out of town and came to Moscow for this specific purpose?
Local , student , left town

Maybe the killer did not drive the car deep into the neighborhood. We don't know where the White Elantra was seen. The car might have been observed/seen some distance away from the house. Maybe the killer hiked into the neighborhood.

JMO
Exactly! I’m thinking that maybe they’ve captured someone on camera walking from the house to that car which was perhaps parked a little way away. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member