ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1122 King house seems so much of a party like house that really the killer (if college age appearance) would not really have to hide. He/She could be hanging out drinking a Truly in living room and the roommates were so carefree that they might assume that this person was friends with one of 5 roommates. I have high school age children. This case will help me better parent my children when they go to college in regards to security/safety devices where they live. These 5 roommates seem to buddy up when going out and really all LE has recommended college students do. I am surprised Moscow LE and UI spokesperson hasn't suggested how college students at UI can better protect themselves at their living spaces. Every off campus housing should have doorbell front and maybe back security. Parking lots should have cameras. Roommates need to have a curfew in place at their residence in regards to someone being in charge of making sure housing locked before last person goes to bed. Cut off times for parties. The fact that UI campus off housing had so little security in 2022 is just crazy to me.
>>>>Roommates need to have a curfew in place at their residence in regards to someone being in charge of making sure housing locked before last person goes to bed<<<<

There were 1,000 people who lived in my dorm - more than lived in my hometown. I can't imagine trying to keep up with who is there, who is not there, and then locking the building up for the night.

Four or maybe 5 cars were parked in the 1122 King Road designated parking which is in front of house at front door. Killer chose not to go on front door. I would think killer knew or should have known at least all of the roommmates were home. So the fact that K and E may not have planned on staying at the house night/morning of killing did not seem to play a factor as to whether or not killer would kill. I think there were sets of different parties going on by different roommates since Fri 11/11/22. There seemed to be some party trash cleanup with some of the parties, but the last party had lots of trash. Like the Taco bell brown bag (X name) and used popcorn microwave bag not being at least thrown in trash denotes to me that the last party abruptly ended...maybe due to an altercation amongst party guests? Neighbors stated house was unually quiet after like 2AM. Also, who called the police around what 2:45am that prompted bodycam police to confront group of teens near house? If killer was at house to kill 3AM to 4AM, he/she/they would have seen some sort of police patroling area I would think.
no one has talked about when the last party at the house was. Was it Friday? Was it another day?

Xana was in my consumer behavior marketing class, and Kaylee was in my friend’s sorority. Ethan shared a class with my roommate, and both Xana and Madison worked as servers at Mad Greek, a popular restaurant in Moscow. My parents swear that Xana waited on us the last time we ate there. Despite all of this, I don’t pretend to have known them. But UI is a small campus, and this touches all of us. Every student.

In some ways, I don’t believe I will ever view Moscow in the same light.

Is it still the quiet, safe, small town it was before?

Where can I walk?

When can I be alone?

How much do I worry about the darkness that now visits at 4 p.m.?

Pepper spray isn’t exactly the kind of thoughtful roommate gift you think you need until it’s attached to your key chain, weighing you down with the truth of your new reality.
I'm sorry this happened to you :( Do what you need to stay safe.

IMO, I agree with you Maddie very well may have been the target of it wasn’t a “house” target.

Two of the four people who were killed were not supposed to be there: K & E.

If there was a specific target, it deductively might very well have been Maddie: yes, the killer went to her room but he may not have known Kaylee was with her and her room was obvious from the outside because of the pink boots and “M” on the window sill. It’s possible Kaylee was sleeping closest to the door in the bed and that’s how she might have gotten the worst of it so he could reach his target, Maddie.

Maybe if the two people who weren’t supposed to be there, E & K, then, the house itself could have been targeted and maybe the other two surviving roommates might have met the same fate but the surprise victims threw the suspect off and “ruined” his plan(s) for the target victim or the target house.

But, yes, I agree with you and think it’s a sound hypothesis that Maddie may have been the target all along.

And obviously I hope the walls are closing in on this wretched and disgusting person.
You know, based on initial information about the roommates and looking at the videos, Maddie came across as very petite and small and sweet. Whereas, Kaylee came across as the more assertive of the two. However, when I saw the enhanced food truck video where you can hear what they were saying -- where Maddie has some choice words for the guys behind them, I was surprised by how bold and assertive she was. And I actually began to wonder if perhaps she was the target.

I have (in my opinion) a strong suspect in mind. If it is this person, he is indeed still in town and hiding in plain sight.
Can you elaborate on his possible motivation, and who he was targeting?
Your own moo, of course

I suspect Kaylee G was targeted.

I have no reason to disbelieve the Father, who mentioned severity of wounds.

It’s also an odd coincidence that Kaylee made the trip there to show off her new Car, and was only there for a limited time, as she was scheduled to leave permanently, starting a new chapter in her life.

IMO.
Yes. Very tragic in My opinion- totally unjustified and unwarranted

Do you mean the man in the beanie and blue blazer? He has dark framed prescription glasses on. Not sunglasses, if you mean him. I have very similar frames.
Hmmm. Prescription glasses turn light when you are inside and darken when you are outside. These are dark. JMO. And a side by side comparison imo with a pic of the guy who was next to the hoodie guy at the food truck (the one who went in for a (deflected) hug with one of the girls when she hugged the long- haired guy in plaid and also gestured toward her when near the hoodie guy)?! makes me give just my opinion that they are the same guy. Earlobe attachment is same, beard with very slight modification (narrowed sideburns) and the mustache, heavyset. And the way his head sits on shoulders that are rounded forward.

Xana was in my consumer behavior marketing class, and Kaylee was in my friend’s sorority. Ethan shared a class with my roommate, and both Xana and Madison worked as servers at Mad Greek, a popular restaurant in Moscow. My parents swear that Xana waited on us the last time we ate there. Despite all of this, I don’t pretend to have known them. But UI is a small campus, and this touches all of us. Every student.

In some ways, I don’t believe I will ever view Moscow in the same light.

Is it still the quiet, safe, small town it was before?

Where can I walk?

When can I be alone?

How much do I worry about the darkness that now visits at 4 p.m.?

Pepper spray isn’t exactly the kind of thoughtful roommate gift you think you need until it’s attached to your key chain, weighing you down with the truth of your new reality.
This breaks my heart for you, and for all people innocent in their beliefs. Seek kindness moving forward, you can’t control evil, so don’t let evil control you.

I grew up and for years lived as an adult in a deer. and elk hunting region. I also have friends who are guides and offer all kinds of services to hunters or would be hunters who fly in from all over the US and world.
Only a psycho survivalist or extremist type would attempt to hunt those animals with a knife. It would require slithering around crouched in camouflage and stealth attacking large tall animals who are very seldom alone. I’d say it would require more luck than anything else and would be a gonzo crazy thing to do.
Those are very large animals. An elk or deer will inflict serious damage by knocking you down, then goring or stomp you if they get a chance, which is why they are hunted at a distance with a gun or bow. And, well, because it would be crazy to go Rambo on them.
There’s a couple of methods to gut them, video link below. It is a meticulous process in part due to the high risk of contamination and contagion by a few deadly diseases found in blood and organs. The carcasses are typically taken to a processor who cuts them up and makes sausage, steaks. ground meat, and removes the antlers or heads for trophy collectors.

Thanks for posting the video!
Plainly visible the knife used is small and not a Rambo size knife. Most viewers will not realize the knife has a drop point blade and not a clipped point blade as shown on the typical Marine knife. (the knife shown most often in other posts as a marine knife has a sharper point)
As a side note the guy in the video is better at it than I am.

For example, I would think LE would be able to get a warrant for DNA from creepy lurking Grub hub guy
if they didn't have probable cause to arrest, then imo they're not going to be able to get a warrant for DNA. Creepy isn't probable cause.

editing to add this link from the ABA that outlines the basic standards around probable cause and DNA samples:

Last edited:
You know, based on initial information about the roommates and looking at the videos, Maddie came across as very petite and small and sweet. Whereas, Kaylee came across as the more assertive of the two. However, when I saw the enhanced food truck video where you can hear what they were saying -- where Maddie has some choice words for the guys behind them, I was surprised by how bold and assertive she was. And I actually began to wonder if perhaps she was the target.
Did Maddie have other roommates in her prior years at the Uni, and would there be any reason for LE to be investigating them?

When did M. move into the party house?

Perhaps Maddie really was the target.

Kaylee was not even supposed to be there that fateful weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90