ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question from the early days of this investigation, initially LE said X, E,K and M all arrived home at 1:45 pm. First question, Where did LE get that information from? A Ring doorbell? Of course we know now that K&M arrived a bit later through a private ride. 2nd Question, If LE did obtain X&E arrival time through a ring doorbell were there 2 other individuals with them and they assumed it was K & M?

Completely blows my mind as well, small town, mentioned it much earlier, first presser should have been that afternoon with plea to everyone in community, surrounding 30 mile radius, review/save your ring/CCTV from day prior to day of. I think first Presser was 3 days after which IMO was a little late for a simple suggestion. No intent here to criticize LE just a timing question. AMOO..
Yes indeed.....would have been a simple thing to do.

Just because a news outlet uses a photograph of a gas station in an article does not automatically mean that gas station is the one they are referring too in said article.

This happens all the times in news articles.

IF someone could show me anywhere online,print or video stating the actual address or location of this gas station that this new image was taken from I would really appreciate it.
This is what I have about gas station, I'm trying to find the other pics I mentioned still:

A white sedan which may be connected to the murder of four college students in Moscow, Idaho, passed by this Mobil station on the corner of White Avenue and Highway 8 shortly after the crime occurred.

I have a question from the early days of this investigation, initially LE said X, E,K and M all arrived home at 1:45 pm. First question, Where did LE get that information from? A Ring doorbell? Of course we know now that K&M arrived a bit later through a private ride. 2nd Question, If LE did obtain X&E arrival time through a ring doorbell were there 2 other individuals with them and they assumed it was K & M?
It could be as simple as the surviving roommates told them that.

The professor doesn't think a single person in Moscow drives an Elantra? If so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously and I'd recommend avoiding his classes.
LOL. Yeh, the Elantra is like the 19th most popular car at 1.3%. But multiply by 25,850 people and 0.9 vehicles per person (man, woman and child average) you still end up with 302 Elantras in Moscow, ID alone.

Funny but I have an Elantra too... but it's 2015 and red...so move along, I'm not involved. :)

Exactly, like find a dumpster to dump his clothes, or gloves. etc.
Or perhaps he had a kill-kit waiting outside at the ready to neatly stuff the bloody cloths, weapon, etc., once he was done.
With all due respect, there are plenty of 2011-2013 trucks and SUV's that are cheaper than the Elantra that's the same age as the one the police are looking for
Or…he could have merely borrowed the car from a family Member of a friend.

That does help, thank you. I just wondered if a flurry of cellular traffic during these times may add to any ideas they are considering. But it'd take a while and may not produce anything anyway.
Yes. That's a good thought. I will say that this area is not densley populated so even with a flurry it might be doable for them to do some in depth tracing. Really, we find that this type info is especially helpful once there is a suspect.
Then LE can cross reference his/her phone number and use the ping info as evidence for building the case.

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense to me, unless you miss the 95 turn and are trying to get back.
Seems like too much mental gymnastics to make it work, but possible
Occam's razor would say not related
Of course what must be done to be sure it is unrelated is likely more investigation. Surely there was more than one small white sedan driving around Moscow, ID in the wee hours of Nov 13?? I would think so

JMO

I know it's far-fetched, but even experts have considered this. If some of the victims were drugged, unknowingly, then that would help LE track down who might have drugged them as part of the possible plan to kill them in their sleep. Killer entered house and roamed through house with none of the four being awake or aware enough to notice an intruder in the house, so it's wise to consider if they might've been drugged somehow.

Just MOO and thoughts.
Not debating that at all. It certainly would help with investigation, but imo, they weren’t drugged.

If you look at the details the rear window stretches past the front of the rear tire and also has a sporty kick up at the end but it’s small and the angle doesn’t match to me. Also the taillights protrude and are not flush as in an Elantra.

Agree, and if LE is looking into it further then they may be second guessing whoever called it an Elantra. Maybe it wasn’t that make/model but in fact this car.
Or, what they have to do to clear this tip and be certain has not been done, yet?

JMO

I have zero idea of who did this, but I read on the Wikipedia article about Ted Bundy, that he had killed à woman by a construction site, He went back right when investigators were there and retrieved some earrings and a scarf that had been dropped
IMO- One of the things that LE is likely concealing is whether they know of any "treasures" that were taken by the killer, and what those items may be. That is "smoking gun" type of evidence from an investigative standpoint.

I think you're on the right track with this-unless the killer was able to completely avoid using their phone there are going to be clues. Yes, a vendetta oriented killer would be be so prone to typing things, I think it's just a matter of time before LE solves it. MOO
I agree. MOO. I think they have unknown DNA or will soon. It would be very difficult to commit a crime like this and not leave it behind even if you were prepared. I think perp (s) are lawyered up and they will need probably cause search warrants to obtain DNA and other evidence. MOO is that Elantra drivers may be accomplices if they find them, they will crack. I see multiple arrests by the first of the year and a scandal for the Greek system at UI and maybe nationwide. moo

King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.

If Murphy was taken to and picked up from the Animal Shelter Nov 13,
How could they have known there was no blood or touch DNA on his collar? Trace evidence isn’t visible
Maybe they took his collar into evidence?
Maybe they shaved him? He did look less furry on the last pic of him than previous video with K

Someone put Murphy in the room away from K and M. If that person was not K or M, who was it?

JMO

What a train wreck. So, keep in mind, this is a local attorney that may or may not have a beef with the coroner as she is also an attorney in the same town. But he is also saying she needs to provide LESS information when his client has been saying he needs MORE information.

2:52 AM per K's sister A

Interviewer: ... making calls as late as almost two o'clock.
A: Yep
Interviewer: How do you know that?
A: So, she was on my mom's cell plan so on Sunday I was able to pull those cell records
Interviewer: And you could see that she was calling somebody out
A: Yep
Interviewer: Does it seem like they may have been involved or does it seem like they...
A: Nope, no not at all. Kaylee had no shame in kind of powercalling, so it fits Kaylee
K's mom: Yeah, and we know who she was calling and this person is, this person was asleep, unfortunately, was not getting the calls. And it was a few calls between, for half an hour she called him a couple times and, but, no, we do not believe she was calling him for help. We believe that she was just calling him to come over. If Kaylee was in imminent danger, her or Maddie, they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.
Interviewer: And that was at around two
A: It started at around two thirty
K's mom: We believe the girls were just fine
Interviewer: So from those phone records it looks like the girls may have been alive around two thirtyish
K's mom: Two thirty is what, the last call?
A: No, the last call was shortly before three am.
K's mom: Yeah, that's right, two fifty something
A: Two fifty two
Thanks

Reactions: byo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics