ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you drive 6 hrs though? Unlikely but possible I suppose. Would have to stay for awhile—rent a room—bit of a drive for a commute.
Why would you be driving 6 hours at one time at all? These were not committed on the same day or even week. If a person were a trucker or traveled for work, it could easily take them through both (or all three) locations at various times, with lots of breaks and/or room rentals if needed. A six hour separation of crimes is nothing. There have been some serial killers (not saying this is a serial killer) that committed murder in several states. Sadly, it's not that odd in the SK world.

With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
View attachment 387581
Do you think the footage is unrelated to the crime? Or that law enforcement may have initially gotten make and model wrong?

With the distortion caused by vehicle's motion, it is very difficult to get a real sense of what kind of car was captured by the gas station cam, but, to my eye, I am pretty confident that it is not the same make and model as the stock photo shown of the Hyundai Elantra. If you look at the front wheels, the Hyundai appears to have considerably less auto body in front of the wheels than the vehicle on cam, and as poster @OrangeRhyme stated, the position of the rear window, in relation to the rear wheel, appears different. The front end and taillights appear different also. I am not certain what the car on cam is, but it would be very hard to convince me that it is the sought-after Hyundai. JMO
View attachment 387581

I can see your point. However, I think there’s a big similarity with the window section, including the curve and angle. If I consider the perspective if the video to be a little off, and the glare of headlights in the dark to be a little strained by the quality of the video, I think it could be an Elantra. At best, I can’t say for sure that it isn’t. But I respect everyone’s opinion on this. I hope LE can enhance this video and know more.

After the statements by SG’s lawyer saying that the families shouldn’t find out news from press releases and in the media, I have a hunch that we are no longer going to get daily press releases/interviews/updates. I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is like, ok, you want us to be consistent? We’ll consistently give everybody nothing.

I can see your point. However, I think there’s a big similarity with the window section, including the curve and angle. If I consider the perspective if the video to be a little off, and the glare of headlights in the dark to be a little strained by the quality of the video, I think it could be an Elantra. At best, I can’t say for sure that it isn’t. But I respect everyone’s opinion on this. I hope LE can enhance this video and know more.
I think it's an Elantra or Veloster at the mobil. It's interesting she said LE came in twice. Tues was the 2nd time they came to watch the tape

I have to think LE really thought in the first couple days they knew who did this -- and thus the "no threat to community"/"crime of passion" proclamations. I wonder, first thought, best thought-wise, if this is so, who they believed was the culprit?
That is very commonly said but LE to keep the general public from panicking. I wouldn't read more into it then that. MOO

Do you think the footage is unrelated to the crime? Or that law enforcement may have initially gotten make and model wrong?
MOO I’m not convinced the car in the video is an Elantra. At least not the years they specified. The more I look at it, the more it does look like an Elantra, then I look some more and it doesn’t.
I’ve been really going deep into all this and have another good theory but can not post the sources that led me to said theory until reported on MSM. Or it could be falsified tomorrow then I will have another theory This case is rather polarizing- wouldn’t you all agree?

That is very commonly said but LE to keep the general public from panicking. I wouldn't read more into it then that. MOO
Well, that's a thought. I may be proven wrong in this case, and it was early and the matter is overwhelming -- but I think LE rarely makes empty pronouncements.

How can LE say other recent and somewhat close proximity knife murders are not connected if they are unsolved? That seems like a logical contradiction. Please enlighten me if you may.
MPD does not claim that the crimes are definitively not connected. They say no evidence suggests the crimes are related. That can change at any time if new evidence is found.
12-13-22-Moscow-Homocide-Update
There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman,
Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these
cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any
evidence to support the cases are related

Last edited:
Well, that's a thought. I may be proven wrong in this case, and it was early and the matter is overwhelming -- but I think LE rarely makes empty pronouncements.
It isn't an empty pronouncement. "At this time we don't believe the public is in danger....." Which would always be true unless the killer left a note that said, "I'm gonna do this again tomorrow".

It isn't an empty pronouncement. "At this time we don't believe the public is in danger....." Which would always be true unless the killer left a note that said, "I'm gonna do this again tomorrow".
If they made it with no more basis than to keep a possibly endangered populace "calm," it's empty.

I was referring to the coroner giving information to Mr. G’s underaged daughter.
I'm kind of wondering why Coroner Mabbutt even had access to the autopsy report. At this point the document is part of the official police investigation. She wouldn't have a "need to know". She came, pronounced them deceased, arranged an autopsy and wrote her report. Job done?? (Maybe I'm being a little critical but to me she seems rather blabby) MOO

Under Title 19, Chapter 43, Section 194301 of the Idaho Code. The Coroner, as soon as she is informed that a person in her county has died: As a result of violence, whether apparently homicidal, suicidal or accidental, or A) Under Suspicious or unknown circumstances, or B) When not attended by a physician during his/her last illness and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, shall go to place of death and take charge of the body. An investigation into the events leading up to the person´s death shall commence in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agency. The Coroner may authorize an autopsy to be performed by a licensed physician to aid in accurately and scientifically determining the cause and manner of death. The Coroner shall also prepare a written report of the factual information gathered during the course of such an investigation.

But...what’s the likelihood of LE looking for a “white Elantra” car seen in the area near the time of the murders and then it’s discovered that a CCTV shows one very, very similar around the same time as the murders? And speeding as well. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to also use Occam’s Razor in regards to this case. Hoping it still fits.
Look on Google Earth and walk around the street from Taylor up to the house. There are at least 8 small white sedans in parking lots near the house. I can identify two which are white or light silver Elantras that are nearly identical to the stock photo

This car tip from the gas station is getting attention not because it is the only car tip, just the only one brought to the public.

To me the location over a mile away, time, and speed are not alone sus at all
From looking at stock photos and the video still it Doesn’t appear to be an Elantra
From looking at a map this car is moving toward the scene, not away
The location is not in the area of high interest to LE

Me you, and everyone else hopes a tip helps find the perp so the families get answers and justice, I just happen to not think this one fits as well as it should

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member