ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, those are all good things and they were smart to take those precautions. One thing you didn't have in the 70's were anonymous men at home watching intoxicated women live on their computers, and paying for their food. MOO but this is what makes the situation unsafe, it is also normal in our current culture that this would be no big deal for them.. but maybe it should be.
I seriously doubt that the livestream at the grub truck had anything to do with these murders. Jmo How can we expect female college students to avoid livestreams? Why would the onus be on these young women, instead of on the person doing the livestreaming?

AND I can speak to this from experience, at least IME, once I had access to deep background research databases and saw how much/how quickly I could research everything starting with some social media info (sm and obituaries lay it all out), I took all mine down and more. JMO
Agree. Obituaries give so much info. I lean on them heavily for genealogy research.

I seriously doubt that the livestream at the grub truck had anything to do with these murders. Jmo How can we expect female college students to avoid livestreams? Why would the onus be on these young women, instead of on the person doing the livestreaming?
I agree, but I would take that even a step further - the sole responsibility for this is on the killer.

KILL SUIT?
@SUSAN ANN
Looks like it's time to step up your true crime reading.

BTW, as the link noted, items like these hooded coveralls* are also used in mundane, noncriminal jobs, like "... heavy duty commercial jobs including painting, paint spraying, fiberglass, boat manufacturing, light chemical, pesticide spraying, automobile refinishing, waste cleanup and remediation."

*Everbilt Men's XL Grey SMS Breathable Hooded Coveralls FDC-001A - The Home Depot
I know there are such things as haz mat suits that are worn in certain situations but I guess I never thought about people buying them for deadly reasons.

Certainly some great points made here in response to the possibility of the car being burned out.

The reason why I was thinking this is because I’ve seen it in a lot of other cases, specifically on a lot of ID shows, but thinking about this more, that’s often in locations out in the desert, California, Arizona, New Mexico. However, I have seen this in remote locations out in the woods, at scenes where there is a lot of dumped debris, like old couches and stuff, party locations, etc., in non-desert states. I’ve also seen cars pushed down embankments, cliffs, etc.

If the intent is simply to burn the evidence, destroy blood, DNA, etc., one could burn it up on a highway, say the car was stolen, etc. Of course that would insert them into the investigation, just talking out loud.

There is also the possibility the car really was stolen, which LE would likely be checking into all reported cars matching description that description being reported as stolen.

Good point also about if the car is destroyed, one might look suspicious when their vehicle suddenly disappears or can not be accounted for. If it’s a lone perp, he wouldn’t have to answer to anyone, or he could tell whoever the car was stolen. If he’s driving a different car, he could also say he sold his other one, or traded it in, or whatever, if someone asks. If he’s out of state, and others are not familiar with the details of this case and the car being looked for, it wouldn’t raise suspicion.

Which brings up another point: I’ve seen some say it’s unlikely there are people who don’t know about this case. Perhaps this is more true in the state of Idaho, but as aware as we are of these cases, not everyone watches the news, YouTube videos, etc. I could probably mention this to someone out of state, and there would be the chance they may not know anything other than “Yeah, I heard something about that, college kids killed..”, and that could be the extent of their knowledge. Or perhaps they may not know anything at all. I know it seems hard to believe when some of us are so plugged into the news and true crime, but honestly not everyone else is, as hard as that is to believe. Again, in Idaho, probably not so much, but I don’t think it can be taken for granted that every single person in the US is aware of a white Elantra being sought.
This case is not big news in other parts of the US. I've mentioned it to different sets of friends and they seem to have heard about it, but other than that, nothing.

Whoever did this 4 person stabbing homicide was a psychopathic personality who did it for the slightest reasons, hit without warning, and has short circuit reactions. We need to work through the holidays 60 hour weeks until we figure out who did this.

Agree. Obituaries give so much info. I lean on them heavily for genealogy research.

It's like Everyone in my Close and Extended Family 101. It did help me ID a very dangerous person very quickly one time, but people have no idea. And SM, it's just a stalker's dream, and only a stupid stalker will leave an easy trail IMO. With this case, right now, based on what we know (nothing much), IMO the killer will have some decent tech skills.

Someone asked if it was a neighbor, what was the car for? I think it might be a neighbor because there was no reason to look at the house that night and know pretty women were inside. So maybe he went out stalking women that night? Or just for food, or back home from a job.

I still wonder if he already knew where they lived is the thing. Depending on the timing of the car, it doesn't look like he directly followed at least the 3rd floor girls home.

Whoever did this 4 person stabbing homicide was a psychopathic personality who did it for the slightest reasons, hit without warning, and has short circuit reactions. We need to work through the holidays 60 hour weeks until we figure out who did this.
Is this your quote, or a quote from the police chief? Link please, if from LE, otherwise a MOO would be appreciated, as the comment seems to imply it came from authorities.

It doesn’t appear that either K or M is carrying a hand bag from looking at the grub hub vid. Wonder if someone could have slipped an air tag into one of their pockets to track them from the club?
It would be interesting to know if they had iPhones. An iPhone alerts you if there is an AirTag that isn't yours traveling with you.

It would be interesting to know if they had iPhones. An iPhone alerts you if there is an AirTag that isn't yours traveling with you.
This would be really risky though... wouldn't an AirTag lead back to the phone of the person doing the tracking? I'm guessing LE would be all over that in a heartbeat.

I think it's possible whoever did this had a feeling of guilt and in order to relieve the guilt committed these stabbings. I'm not sure does Idaho have the death penalty because we definitely need to find who did it. It's possible we may have more victims if we don't find who did this within 6 months. I'm worried but staying optimistic this systematic review of videotape from coast to coast pays dividends soon.

Maybe the killer is a genius after all. He probably stole this '13 Elantra specifically as a kill car.
I was thinking the other day for completely unrelated reasons that now it's impossible to get a car without a touchscreen, fed tracking, and run by a computer.

When did this become standard? 2018ish? Or before?

The only car I could find without 10,000 online and electronic components was the Jeep Wrangler and they still had a basic touchscreen.

(FWIW I was looking into this because with these new cars, one little bump and the computer is dead and it takes 3 months to fix the car. I need a tough car that can go up rural roads or occasionally hit a snowbank and keep going. I wasn't planning a crime or anything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow