ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white car in the bodycam footage is not the car they are interested in. They have stated such in one of their press releases. Given the nature of the detail they have on the vehicle they must have a much clearer image of it that they have not released. Most like not released because it gives away a location, or some other critical info.
Making no assumption that any white car in any footage is the same as any other white car. There are 8 I can count in the parking lots near the house from Google Earth

I believe these are three different sources

1- Ring camera footage of driver dropping off girls- mentioned by Kaylee’s sister, not released
2- Video of white car on Taylor driving west- not released taken from neighbor on Linda Ln
3- Bodycam of police Sept 1 Taylor at Band Field- released

Someone had mentioned wet suits and I explained why in my personal noncriminal aquatic experience, they wouldn't be a good choice. Someone else suggest this sort of green-screen suit would be a better weight, which reminded me of this criminal event near me. I don't think the killer(s) were dressed like this though.
Got it, nor do I think the perp wore a green suit or Scuba suit-
The big question would be Why? The goal would be camo, ease, and something that can be found anywhere if found and not burned- not unique

JMO

Last edited:
It honestly could’ve been hundreds of people. Before the murders she had around 1,000 to 1,500 Instagram followers. It would probably be likely that she had at least half of that on Snapchat. She could have sent a snap to her followers that said “Headed to Moscow this weekend, can’t wait to see my bestie!” And hundreds of people would know. We wouldn’t know if she did that, since those posts are deleted after 24 hours but LE should be able to find out.

That is a great point, social media may have placed Kaylee in Moscow
Then GrubTruck footage placed K and M at a specific location at a specific time

So dangerous, lots of weirdos out there

JMO

Here it is guys at about the 1:47 mark you can see police responding over labor day weekend to the house because of a noise complaint. 2 guys answer the door and say that they don't know who lives there. Police eventually figure it out and contact Madison. LE has way more videotape on this case then they are choosing to release to us. Be patient they say they are getting to the bottom of it.

What I notice is that there is a dual cab white pickup that comes into view at 18 seconds into this video. Now where have I seen a similar truck in this case?

Edit: quote didn’t come through. Responding to thr Elantra located in Eugene.

I feel like this is the Elantra we’ve been looking for. Who is going to leave their car abandoned since the accident on Friday? No plates? Since LE responded, did it have plates at the time if the accident? They’re referring everyone to Moscow for updates…makes me think they are going hands off on this car and it has entered someone else’s purview.

If it is the right one- how long would it take to determine and how quiet would it be before they let the media know?
when you say "they're referring everyone to Moscow for updates" who do you mean? Eugene LE?

I have to take a brief timeout from case discussion to say THANK YOU to the entire WS community, mods, Tricia and everyone else associated with this site. I'm in many FB groups about this case and like many of you look in other places for discussion and info and WS has by far the highest level of integrity in what can be discussed and what's considered a vetted source.

I won't even get into what else is out there because I'm sure you all know but in short, it makes my head hurt. This site has consistently been the most intelligent, thorough, logical place to discuss true crime and I'm proud to be a member here. Thank you everyone - while we may not always agree on theories and circumstances, there's a level of respect and intelligence here that is sorely lacking on other sites and especially places like FB.

Long live WS!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled case discussion :)

Idaho Murders Update: Police Alerted to Abandoned White Car Found in Oregon​

BY MATTHEW IMPELLI ON 12/20/22 AT 11:28 AM EST

As the investigation continues into the quadruple homicides in Idaho, police have been alerted to an abandoned white car in Eugene, Oregon, similar to the one that detectives in Moscow are looking for.

strange accent on 'adam'. or angry or just drunk ... but not very typically american accent?
Her pronunciation of "adam" is a little different, but not really unusual to me. She sort of stresses the word "adam" but that could be because she is speaking up to be heard, and maybe emphasising Adam as opposed to what Maddie told someone else. Plus, she had been drinking, so...

Here is what I have on Timeline/ with Videos- are there others I’m missing??
What was beginning time of calls by K&M to J, I think last call was 2:52?

Moscow PD Update Dec 19

Timeline with Videos
November 12, 2022
9PM X&E at Sigma Chi
10PM K&M to Corner Club

November 13, 2022
1AM B&D are home
10PM-1:30AM K&M- Corner Club
1:30-1:40AM K&M walking to GrubTruck- News Nation video
1:40AM K&M at GrubTruck- Daily Mail
JV says male in dark sedan picked up K&M
1:56AM Ring camera footage of K&M arriving home by private driver
1:45AM X&E home
-2:52AM K&M calls to J
3:01AM bodycam Band Field/ Taylor underage drinking stop- FoxNews
2:45-3:15AM White sedan west on Taylor Rd- 2AM-noon Nov 13 footage Linda Ln
3:45AM White sedan east on White Ave at 802 Troy Rd Mobile Food Mart/gas- Fox News
3-6AM Time PD Requesting video of 1 mile south of Taylor to Palouse, Arboretum to 95
11:58AM 911 call by friend of BorD from cell phone- unconscious person

November 17, 2022 Autopsy ID victims

JMO
That's excellent.

Come on guys, the students were obviously lying. Beth opened the door and lied she wasn't a resident there despite the fact she was. She also kinda slammed the door in the cops faces and probably sent the other two males deal with it since they were apparently older. Madison and the rest were probably there, as well, they just didn't want to come out and deal with the cops for one reason or another
100% agree.

We have all seen countless pictures in MSM and on all the news shows that cover it to know that was Beth at the door. Either because she's not the named lease-holder, or because she's not yet 21, she pretended she didn't live there.

Then the police waited for what seemed like a LONG time for two boys to materialize at the door. Those boys tried to BS the cops about who was in the house, and you hear the one officer tell them he's been an officer there for 22 years so he knows what's going on.

LE made it very clear that they were there for a noise complaint and just needed to have that dealt with so they can have that resolved and move on.

You can see clearly that the boys were lying and were busted because they eventually handed over their drinks to LE, who poured them into the ground.
Maddie was possibly in the house but dealt with LE on the phone.

So IMO yes, it proves the house was Grand Central, but it does NOT show that NO ONE who lived there was at home.

Therefore, it seems to me that we can eliminate that untrue notion that parties were taking place with no residents at home. It's simply not true.

As in the Gabby case, it's heart-wrenching to see police interacting with them when shortly thereafter, we could wish police had been there to prevent the later tragedy. Of course, at the time this was a routine noise complaint that the cops have been responding to since before any of these kids were born.

Jmo

Idaho Murders Update: Police Alerted to Abandoned White Car Found in Oregon​

BY MATTHEW IMPELLI ON 12/20/22 AT 11:28 AM EST

As the investigation continues into the quadruple homicides in Idaho, police have been alerted to an abandoned white car in Eugene, Oregon, similar to the one that detectives in Moscow are looking for.

Interesting- it is wrecked, back license plate is missing
Coincidence likely, it takes 5min to look up registration from VIN- silly
Not sure if it is same year range, definitely a white Hyundai Elantra
500 miles southwest from Moscow

But… Anyone watching MSM about this case who was involved would know over the weekend PD has been looking for a white Elantra southeast of Moscow toward Troy/ Kendrick area
Not impossible to change direction and drive 9 hours southwest to Eugene, OR

What a stroke of luck if then had an accident, driving at night ran into a pole?

Seems unlikely to be related
JMO

NEW: Police Investigating White Hyundai Elantra Found in Oregon in Idaho Murder Investigation
The color of the dirt on the back is from going past the Santiam Junction, coming from Bend Oregon. Also the dirt on the side of the car back door area appears a different color and looks like they washed it but that is residue after a previous wash. The leather is a dark brown color, did 11-2013 offer that option?

Here is what I have on Timeline/ with Videos- are there others I’m missing??
What was beginning time of calls by K&M to J, I think last call was 2:52?

Moscow PD Update Dec 19

Timeline with Videos
November 12, 2022
9PM X&E at Sigma Chi
10PM K&M to Corner Club

November 13, 2022
1AM B&D are home
10PM-1:30AM K&M- Corner Club
1:30-1:40AM K&M walking to GrubTruck- News Nation video
1:40AM K&M at GrubTruck- Daily Mail
JV says male in dark sedan picked up K&M
1:56AM Ring camera footage of K&M arriving home by private driver
1:45AM X&E home
-2:52AM K&M calls to J
3:01AM bodycam Band Field/ Taylor underage drinking stop- FoxNews
2:45-3:15AM White sedan west on Taylor Rd- 2AM-noon Nov 13 footage Linda Ln
3:45AM White sedan east on White Ave at 802 Troy Rd Mobile Food Mart/gas- Fox News
3-6AM Time PD Requesting video of 1 mile south of Taylor to Palouse, Arboretum to 95
11:58AM 911 call by friend of BorD from cell phone- unconscious person

November 17, 2022 Autopsy ID victims

JMO

Has there been any further clarification on X&E's time between arriving at the Sigma Chi party and returning to their house? The Jack in the Box bag with X's name on it (seen in MSM photos taken through the kitchen window, posted previously) has me wondering when that order was delivered or picked up, presumably at the Pullman Washington JITB location, the only one nearby.

The order was either phoned in for pickup, phoned in for delivery, or ordered in person (presumably by X, since her name is on the bag.

Here is the JITB location:
Jack in the Box, 310 Ne Stadium Way, Pullman, Washington

It's a 20-25 minute drive (11 miles) from the JITB back to 1122 King (Moscow residence)

It's 3 minutes / 0.5 mi. from the JITB to the WSU/Pullman chapter of Sigma Chi (E's fraternity, different chapter house / 730 NE California St, Pullman, WA 99163)

From either the Pullman JITB or WSU Sigma Chi house, there is a direct route back to King Rd (or the Moscow Sigma Chi house) along route 270 / Pullman-Moscow Highway and a similar distance but far more rural route along Old Moscow Road. The latter passes through the above-mentioned Arboretum rather than the more heavily-trafficked WA-270 / ID-8.

If a college student is driving after attending a party, would they be likely to take back roads to avoid potential LE checkpoints/patrols along higher traffic corridors? (Not accusing anyone of DWI, just thinking about why one route might be preferred). This could equally apply to Uber or food delivery services. Also, are certain things readily available in Pullman that are not in Moscow? Legalized pot or other items? Don't know alcohol laws for WA/ID, perhaps Pullman has better liquor stores?

Where I'm sort of going with this is, could X&E have been targeted? Either for deliberate or reasons unknown, perhaps in Pullman, then followed back to 1122 King? There are routes out of the area of 1122 King going south and west that avoid likely traffic cameras going east or north, particularly into the town of Moscow.

We've unfortunately seen events in modern society where violence erupts from road rage or some seemingly minor incident of being "disrespected".

Saturday, Nov 12th was a football day in Pullman (Win, Football vs Arizona State on 11/12/2022 - Box Score - Washington State University Athletics) and in Moscow (Loss, UC Davis Aggies vs Idaho Vandals - November 12, 2022 | FOX Sports) These events generate a lot of partying, and typically concomitant police presence.

How might this fit in with the events of later that night? Would LE presence be drawn away from residential areas? Would (open) parties have occurred at 1122 King either Saturday during the game or the previous nights? Would the presence of any Washington-legal but Idaho-illegal items impacted calls for police assistance? Could an intox 'fan' unhappy over their team's performance felt 'disrespected' or picked a confrontation (or targeted) any of the decedents? It pains me to even contemplate some seemingly trivial insult as a reason for murder, but such are the times we live in.

Addenda: there is also an even more remote path out of the police defined area of video requests. That is Sand Road, which heads south-southeast into the boonies. Unless the Flying B RV park had surveillance cameras, there's pretty much nothing in that direction. Which might be just what an escaping criminal might seek.

Apologies for the long post. Hope for a breakthrough soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRebeccaB