Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post Mortem Odors?
[QUOTE="BondGirl007, post: 17987812, member: 228624" ....
9 hours after the murders there is going to be a smell.
snipped for focus @BondGirl007

Agreed, in a home w four stabbing deaths, 9 hours post mortem, very likely there will be odors there.

Maybe victims's lack of control of bodily functions at death?

Not sure if blood would be the predominate odor, IDK.
[/QUOTE]
IMO, how about all of the sheer silence-that in itself would be deafening, especially inside what is known as a “ party house”.

The only confirmed code lock is on the front door. Based on the view of one of the downstairs bedroom doors on the body cam footage from the September noise complain, it’s clear there is no special lock on that particular bedroom door. This makes me thing the bedrooms only had simple knob locks like most residential houses.
A 2019 tenant living on the first floor said his room had a code lock.

I think we are underestimating what it would take physically, mentally, and emotionally to stab four people to death one after another.
We are talking about a calculated cold blooded killer, imo, not a young guy who got his feelings hurt and snapped and at dinner decided he would kill someone that evening then had to quickly change plans and kill repeatedly.
The scene from the first would be so graphically disturbing from the blood spatter on walls and ceiling, and the air would smell metallic from the blood. And the the monster was composed enough to do it again, and again, and again without leaving obvious evidence of their presence, no trail outside.

These are not four killings on different days, or months, these are four consecutive stabbings on the same evening by the same killer IMO

JMO
IMO, I think it’s likely the killer was “smashed” out of his mind.

As far as motive: IMO, they were permanently “silenced”? I can’t think of any other motive.
Not saying I am ,but one could argue there is a huge message in all of this that does the opposite. You can make a cell tower look like a tree but you cannot make it be one .

That's the only logical explanation, imo. Being a couple, the kids on the second floor would have had their door locked. It's quite probable, imo, that this murder had one target victim, with the other 3 a result of the girls sharing a room, probably with open door to come and go from the bathroom. Then while going back down, he encounters EC who heard something, and X also had to be killed. I doubt that he even cared whether or not there were two more people downstairs. By that time he had to get out quickly. Whole thing = 5-8 minutes, with the 2 on the second floor requiring the most time. Killer may have shoved EC back into the bedroom.
Didn’t the coroner say that all four victims were ‘likely’ killed while they were sleeping?

All of the victims were found in their beds

I think we are underestimating what it would take physically, mentally, and emotionally to stab four people to death one after another.
We are talking about a calculated cold blooded killer, imo, not a young guy who got his feelings hurt and snapped and at dinner decided he would kill someone that evening then had to quickly change plans and kill repeatedly.
The scene from the first would be so graphically disturbing from the blood spatter on walls and ceiling, and the air would smell metallic from the blood. And the the monster was composed enough to do it again, and again, and again without leaving obvious evidence of their presence, no trail outside.

These are not four killings on different days, or months, these are four consecutive stabbings on the same evening by the same killer IMO

JMO
Yes.....agree also....using a knife as opposed to a gun requires up close physical contact plus constant concentration over a longer period of time, and as you say: one time, then again, again, and again.....absolutely chilling.

True but is she not also a defense attorney? Just asking for a friend.
Some also had defensive wounds that don't occur when someone is asleep. X's father indicated he thought her autopsy report indicated she had defensive wounds, but I don't think this was confirmed by LE, coroner or ME.

Some also had defensive wounds that don't occur when someone is asleep. X's father indicated he thought her autopsy report indicated she had defensive wounds, but I don't think this was confirmed by LE, coroner or ME.
If somebody wakes up while they are being attacked or their sleeping partner is being attacked, and has time to raise their hands in defense but not much else, they will likely have defensive wounds.

After the 911 call, was it just a police car dispatched to the scene or was there an ambulance?

I will take your word for it, but I haven't seen it.
When I was in undergrad there was a case where a few roommates did not call EMS when one of their friends was deeply alcohol poisoned. That is both disturbing and normal. Kids don't want to have a party house shut down or get a pal in trouble for underage drinking.

I think with these surviving roommates we need to start with the fact that we do not know what they saw at all. I have a lot of spidy sense and pay attention to it, but If I were in a college, I seriously doubt my mind would assume -- or even consider -- that a mass murder had just happened while I slept unless I was looking at a dead body. Statistically there are 50 more likely possibilities. That is why I think it is most likely they did not see any dead body before calling someone else.
you are stating exactly what I was saying from my original post, just in different words? Didn’t mean to sound like I was judging the surviving roommates because that’s the complete opposite. Maybe I need to reread and edit that post to get my words across better.

I think it's frustrating too, as a lot of cases go unsolved because of sloppy police work. These mistakes by police are often highlighted in true crime series and podcasts, which I do not inherently believe is wrong to do. After all, police should be held accountable for the mistakes that they make, just like any other job. However, the media circus around this case is not helping investigators in any meaningful way. The "armchair detectives" on Tik Tok are pushing bogus theories, urging people to send in these "tips" to the tip line. I agree that it's not just Tik Tok either, it's all the "news" outlets posting insane theories every hour. The Moscow PD is doing their best, I feel bad that they're being derailed by the theories being submitted. God, I hope this makes sense, it does sound a lot like a rant.
And a good rant it was!

I can't imagine that an interior bedroom lock would work that way. Get up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, and have to punch in a code to go back to bed? Especially when you've been drinking? I think that in a case like that, most people would leave the door ajar or find a way to disable the lock.
It is possible they do work that way and the residents did not use them due to the inconvenience. I have a coded lock on my front door, I also have a dead bolt. I can switch off the coded lock so it does not engage.
SG or K’s sister said something to the effect in an early interview that the front door was a coded lock that would close and lock people out, so most went around to the sliding door. They may have been referring to moving K into the house.

Yes, if they were a pain the kids would turn them off or leave the doors ajar to prevent the hassle Of being locked out.

JMO

I think one way or another, the "unconscious" report might have come from the caller not wanting to get too close to the victim. Something like this:

911: Check to see if they are breathing, etc, etc (imo!)

Roommates: Nah, this is too scary! (Imo!)

So it gets called unconscious because they couldn't check for all the specifics 911 always asks (when I call, anyway).

Or they were behind a locked door and not answering, cars were there and their phone is ringing on the side table and they are not answering.

JMO

What do you mean by a dangerous psychopath? I ask because I can see very people who are not psychopaths murdering four people in separate stabbings. Are you suggesting you suggesting you don't feel it's someone who knew them?
I think it is a dangerous psychopath, and the perp may or may not have known them.

”Knew them” is the tricky part= the perp may have known who they were from encounters at the Mad Greek, or Grub Truck, or Corner Club, or classes, or Greek events, or social media.

The perp “knowing“ people in the house does not mean the victims knew the perp.

JMO

Or they were behind a locked door and not answering, cars were there and their phone is ringing on the side table and they are not answering.

JMO
imo the roommates and/or the friends that they called over encountered a lot more than silence and unanswered calls behind a closed bedroom door. Of course we will probably never hear the 911 call, but it sounds like it was chaotic and frantic, with several kids in a panic. Imo they encountered blood on the floor, at the least, if not also the body of EC.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member