ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

Bringing this forward for educational purposes.

Much as many on here would like to hear that call, we have no right to hear it, do we? I don't live in the US so I could be wrong on that. We just have to sleuth with what we do know.
Actually in most states in the U.S. - including Idaho - because a 911 call is a public record, the legal presumption favors release. LE can withhold it but if media outlets ask a court to release it, a judge will decide.

LE can have good reasons for not wanting to release but a court argument often ensues requiring LE to provide a judge with serious justification for withholding.

If the media do not pursue legal action to obtain the call, it is likely to not be released.

I posted a source about this earlier in the thread.

Dog in room likely mean the person(s) from that room were not in it. Likely means they were killed outside of the room and others maybe killed in their bed or near it. Maybe?

It seems the dog skinning of Buddy on October 21 may be relevant especially because it occurred within weeks of the murders and within 3 miles of the crime scene. It seems too coincidental to not be connected. To harm a pet in this manner is not normal. Also, considering this town has not experienced this type of crime in years and to have this happen within weeks is concerning. As other posters indicated the perp may have been practicing. Also, K and J shared a dog together, and it appears she used that to keep connected to him. It is my understanding some of the late night calls to him may have been related to the dog. I am wondering if someone In their circles knew this and sent some kind of warning?

Also, it appears from evidence so far the perp had to know lay out of house, activity of house, etc as it would be too risky, especially with surveillance technology today. Keep in mind this technology was not as readily available in the Bundy days. It is my opinion because it stated this was a targeted act that the perp is friends with J and of those who lived in the house or at least known to them, an aquaintance, etc.
Purely conjecture here but I wonder if the killer did something similar with the victims bodies as he did to Buddy; the emphasis on how horrible the crime scene was and how officers are barely able to handle it has made me wonder.

NY Post photo of house

71lwea.jpg

Shows good detail of rear access
Thank you for posting this! I have had a hard time visualizing the lay out of the home and now can see why. It almost looks like two separate homes.

rbbm
Nov 21 '22
''The FBI sent 22 investigators to Moscow, according to the local police. Another 20 agents were working on the case but located in Treasure Valley, Idaho; Salt Lake City, Utah; and West Virginia. Two members of an FBI behavior analysis unit were also working on the case, police said.

Investigators also said a 911 call came from inside the residence and was made on one of the surviving roommates' cellphones. They initially told authorities that someone was passed out and wouldn't wake up, officials said.

"Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher
before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location," officials said. "Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors."

''Garrett said investigators should be broadening their search outside the victims' immediate circle of friends and family.
"You're going to have to start spreading out to people they had just a casual relationship with,
" he said.''

What are chance it was a student? I'm thinking not.

Idk … hate to make generalizations cuz anyone who’d even consider doing this is beyond my understanding… but I do agree that a grad student or former student seems more likely than a peer of the victims…. JMO

Actually in most states in the U.S. - including Idaho - because a 911 call is a public record, the legal presumption favors release. LE can withhold it but if media outlets ask a court to release it, a judge will decide.

LE can have good reasons for not wanting to release but a court argument often ensues requiring LE to provide a judge with serious justification for withholding.

If the media do not pursue legal action to obtain the call, it is likely to not be released.

I posted a source about this earlier in the thread.
Thanks for your explanation. I stand corrected.

Very much agreed. Someone who would know the lay out of the house and who sleeps in each bedroom. Any thoughts on a handyman, property manager and who knows maybe the mail person, UPS, Fed Ex or Amazon Prime people. Where is the landlord and owner of the house? Lot's of people have been inside that house. Now I heard he was sloppy and left a trail of evidence. I think its someone who lives in the area going about his usual business ..plus doesn't have the funds to go on the run......All people I mentioned are all "welcomed" in the house.

Yeah also houses like this turn over every year from one group of students to another - maybe a former resident of the house who knew the whole layout (& entry code) from his time there? If so, maybe someone who lived there without any roommates on the lower level so he didn’t think to go down there ? MOO Total speculation on my part…

I'm jst not understanding how on the 911 call the caller didn't say a dead body. I'm imagining the victim would have been in a pool of blood so much so that one could deduce was fatal. We don't know enough for example there was no mention of screaming and calling out to other roomates to check where they are at. One wouldve only needed to open the front door to see all their cars remained out front. That house would've been silent the next morning and I'm sure that is very rare considering the house was typically so full of life and people coming and going.

I think the info about the 911 call and 'unconscious' is still significant. Often perpetrators will try and reinsert themselves into the crime scene so that they can relive their crime and keep close to the ongoing investigation. From the presser it sounds like many people came over before police arrived on the scene and we still dont know who made the 911 call. It's hard to sleuth this case because we have such tiny snippets of the story and therefore filling it in with our opinions when the truth is likely far different.

I’ve made a lot of 911 calls, and I wouldn’t dream of saying ‘a dead body,’ and possibly depriving someone of desperately needed medical care. I strongly doubt that anyone at the scene, when the call was made, had sufficient medical qualifications to pronounce someone dead.

Good call! Looks like the Google photo is from Oct 2021 (see thumbnail at bottom). I might still not be convinced it’s a resident’s car, but it likely is.

View attachment 381537
Nice, my ipad didn’t display the thumbnails. So most likely not the new roommates vehicle. Blurred LP appear to be ID plate. More likely either one of the deceased’s or their friends vehicle.

What are chance it was a student? I'm thinking not.
It's weird because my initial thought would be something like this seems like it would be committed by someone with nothing to lose - there's just no coming back from murdering four innocent kids. So I would think someone really struggling, recently dropping out of school, loner, incel, isolated from real society and family, no real vision for the future.

Then I think to some of the really awful serial killers like BTK, Golden State killer, Ted Bundy - mostly normal seeming guys with jobs and families.

What I heard the parents say was that their other children called them from the house where the murders were committed to advise them of Ethan’s passing. That doesn’t mean the siblings were the ones that talked to the 911 operator.
The 2 siblings could have arrived sometime afterwards, perhaps as emt/police were just showing up. Then after seeing/learning about Ethan’s passing, called their parents.
MOO
Yes, on the same token there's nothing saying they didnt call.

I find it interesting that the dog supposedly came out of this unscathed, especially if he slept in Ks room.

Also especially if it’s the same perp that skinned the dog.
Do we know the dog was there? I didn’t see where that was confirmed. I assumed it was with her parents since she just came back from being at home.

LE has said at least one of them found one body per the whole "unresponsive and called friends" statements. What they have not done is outline an exact timeline of their actions or addressed how BOTH roommates came to be aware of the situation. So far they have only spoken about the one who called friends. And they have alluded to one of those friends being the one to call 911.

So either Roommate 1 didn't go get Roommate 2, or Roommate 2 was also awake and neither of them went to the rest of the house to get assistance for the one they found "unresponsive."

On paper, it sounds weird.
My thinking is that one of the roommates woke up,went up to the kitchen and saw Ethan in the hallway, likely screamed or went running for the other surviving housemate as the nearest person in the house, and they both probably called out to the other housemates and got no answer. If Ethan was actually found in the hallway, he would've been blocking the stairs to the third floor, and probably the door to Xana's room too, in that the surviving girls didn't want to climb over him on the floor.

I can see them running back downstairs and maybe calling the other housemates on their phones, getting no reply, panicking and being utterly terrified and calling other friends who likely lived very nearby to come over quickly.

MOO.

The threads are moving so fast I don’t remember where I saw it. Who said or where do we learn that the two roommates left unharmed were new roommates?
I saw it on a link from an Australian newspaper online, but I am new again after many years hiatus, so not sure if the source is approved by WS and I cannot post it. If you google the name of one of the new roomates who moved in last August & Idaho murders, the link will come up at the top of the page. I just find it shocking lots of media outlets are posting dozens of photos of these two girls who have survived; I wish there was a law that prevented them from doing so.

I couldn't agree more...people asking why the other two roommates were not with the victims and claiming that as really weird...really?
Ugh-We all have opinions! 4 young people are murdered and I have a lot of questions. Whether it was 4 young people or 4 adults. Murder is not normal and the way some people act can be WEIRD.

Yes really???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member