Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds correct.
The only area not fully explained or retracted may have been if they were killed while fully asleep or if someone woke up and fought back ?
Also, one of them may have been on the floor.
Imo.

From the NYT article linked above:
“The house has six bedrooms, with two on each floor. The police said the victims were found on the second and third floors.”

So maybe I had it wrong & the two non-couple roommates were actually in separate rooms ….
Imo

I agree, if they don't find good DNA samples at the house, hopefully the dog's grave is dug up and tested forensically due to the close proximity of both incidents. I find it hard to believe someone can kill four people with a knife so effectively without some experience in killing animals first. It would be interesting to know if any other animals locally were found dead in unusual or unnatural circumstances. It also opens the somewhat unlikely possibility that the house was originally targeted due to the dog being present but that the plan changed when the groups arrived home.
My thoughts exactly! The owners of the dog still have the collar so I hope it can be tested (or was tested).

I'm so glad the skinned dog story is being mentioned and in the timeline. What are the chances of 2 sickos within a 3 mile radius of each other?

Just theorizing here: Perhaps what was targeted was not a person, but rather the house. Was someone kicked out of a party a while back? Harboring resentment and revenge? The killer was able to kill 4 people and then had to scram out of there quickly if the last murder made noise.
That's a great theory !!
It'd explain why the killer seemingly left no trail of bloody footprints.
And even if they left fingerprints, as long as the prints weren't bloody --they'd just say they were at the party and of course their prints would be there.
It's good the local cops called in outside help.
What a cluster this is for them.
M00.

I am so confused by the time of death being estimated at between 2am and 5am. How can that be if they have records of 2 of the victims trying to make phone calls up until 2:52? Also the 911 call wasn't made until 11:58am. So if you go from the last phone call attempt 2:52am to 11:58am the time of the 911 call, that seems like a much broader window.
Unless, it wasn't actually the girls making the phone calls, but the killer using the girls phones. To maybe throw off the timeline? Seems like a stretch but possible?
Maybe E and X were killed first and the calls by K and M were placed after?

All due respect, but that's a very unfair statement IMO. It was a Sunday morning with no scheduled classes and the two surviving roommates had been out the night before. Very unfair to generalize them like that if they weren't up at the crack of dawn studying and out and about on a Sunday.
Not sure what you mean? The sister said K would spam-call friends before deciding what to have for breakfast. K's parents described her in glowing terms as a young lady just beginning a successful career, traveling, moving away etc. Those two elements don't strike me as going together well. This has nothing to do with getting up early to study. I didn't generalize anything; I just repeated what the sister and mother said about K.

Someone who makes repeated phone calls to check in with friends before deciding what they'll eat for breakfast also doesn't jibe with the confident, go-getter high-achieving young woman they describe.
Drunk college kids will definitely do stupid things like this to be funny or just to connect with people. It's really not uncommon or a serious reflection of Kaylee being dependent/self-conscious at all.

This is why crimes against animals need to be a higher priority. Psychos get their start somewhere. It’s a precursor of what’s to come. Whether or not it’s related to this crime, I don’t know. However left unsolved, it will be related to another crime.
I hope LE is taking the case of Buddy seriously and still investigating

The house has a lot of big windows from the back and it seems the inhabitants did not have a habit of covering'em. Someone might have been stalking them, sitting in the bushes on the hillside and if that person was observing the house only from this one side, they might be unaware there are bedrooms on the first floor.

I am so confused by the time of death being estimated at between 2am and 5am. How can that be if they have records of 2 of the victims trying to make phone calls up until 2:52? Also the 911 call wasn't made until 11:58am. So if you go from the last phone call attempt 2:52am to 11:58am the time of the 911 call, that seems like a much broader window.
Unless, it wasn't actually the girls making the phone calls, but the killer using the girls phones. To maybe throw off the timeline? Seems like a stretch but possible?
The first information about the time of the stabbings was between 3-4 AM. The window of time that interests police is extended from 2-5 or 6 AM.

Four of the roommates arrived home around 1:45 AM. Two of the deceased roommates phoned a friend ten times from roughly 2:30-3 AM. Four of the roommates were murdered between 3-4 AM. The murderer left the house, leaving the door open.

At noon, one of the two surviving roommates provided her phone to a friend to call 911 from the house. At noon, the murderer was no longer at the house. The murderer did not use anyone's phone to call 911.

"Moscow police discovered the gruesome scene Nov. 13 after responding to a 911 call reporting an "unconscious individual." Authorities didn't disclose who made the call but said they believe the students were stabbed to death between 3-4 a.m."

Nov 17

Maybe E and X were killed first and the calls by K and M were placed after?
Highly unlikely. They were all in bed by the time the murders happened. Simplest explanation is that Xana and Ethan were on the main floor the killer entered (sliding glass door). Walked into the first bedroom they saw either on their way out or before they headed upstairs.

There's no reason the girls would be calling a friend/ex if they had heard a murder. I guarantee you it was just drunk kids wanting to make silly calls, and nothing of serious concern was happening at that time. The police seem to be adamant of the same perspective.

I am going to take a break from sleuthing this particular crime.

But before I leave I'll go on record with my (wild) educated guess on 11/21/22. This is a total guess based on what I have heard so far from LE and media sources as well as what I have read here on websleuths.

The perpetrator is a stranger who lives locally. He was the one also responsible for the skinning/filleting of the dog on the outskirts of town 3 weeks ago.

This person is in his 30's, is/was a hunter and was ex-military/LE.

He stalked them from the dark and wooded strip at the back of the house at the end of Queen Drive. He was waiting there for the dog to come out (nightly ritual) so he could kill the dog for his own warped desires and for shock value. When he saw the sliding door left open and drunk college girls, he decided to enter. He killed methodically and quietly from room to room. He stabbed them right in the heart/lungs immediately so that they couldn't speak/yell. At least one of the victims was able to crawl out of room.

The perpetrator will be found by law enforcement either living with "down-and-outers" or living/sleeping in his car or van.

The person has serious mental health issues.

Again, this is totally a guess. I have no inside information.

Ok but why? He’s an ex. Drunk people harass more than sober ones.
Have you really never heard of someone drunk dialing their on-again-off-again ex after a night out in college?

We had flip phones and SMS texts in my day but I can remember being the dialer, the dialee, and the friend enlisted to call "just in case he's mad at me" many times. It is the least suspicious thing about this whole case honestly.

The mother explains why she feels that way. The video is in the media thread.
No mother wants to think their child committed a heinous crime. JMO

Also I agree with original poster that like why would the friend also be calling the ex? The only real situation I could think where something like that would happen would be if the girls thought the ex would pick up for Maddie but not Kaylee? But why? Was he upset?

Then they pass out minutes after? They aren't 15 and like prank calling the guy they like at a sleepover.. Also doesn't make sense that the "fun calls" are DURING the time police say the murders may have happened now?

Why won't LE release more info about the reasons for the calls and make it clear they are unrelated if they are truly unrelated? Also why release info about calls when the girls may have been calling/texing other people as well? I know after a night out I'm usually texting a bunch of friends to "de-brief", not just one person

MOO

Last edited:
Maybe they did see blood? Where does it say they didn't? Just because 911 call was for "unconscious person" as has been reported, multiple people here have said that's just emergency services lingo before a death is confirmed especially when they don't know if it's a homicide yet. JMO
I think people are assuming they didn't see blood because if they actually saw their friend stabbed multiple times in a bloody crime scene, calling their friends instead of 911 is absolutely unhinged behavior.

I think it's safe to assume they didn't think it was a murder when calling friends.

This is a very helpful article.

Coroner Has New Details About Fatal Slaying of 4 U of Idaho Students After Autopsies

"It would have been early in the morning, sometime after 2 a.m., but still during the night," Mabbutt said, adding that there wasn't a medical way to determine who was attacked first, but investigators are "trying to put timelines together with other text messages and other technology."

Highly unlikely. They were all in bed by the time the murders happened. Simplest explanation is that Xana and Ethan were on the main floor the killer entered (sliding glass door). Walked into the first bedroom they saw either on their way out or before they headed upstairs.

There's no reason the girls would be calling a friend/ex if they had heard a murder. I guarantee you it was just drunk kids wanting to make silly calls, and nothing of serious concern was happening at that time. The police seem to be adamant of the same perspective.
But I was responding the the post about the timeline. If police state the murders could have happened between 2 and 5 am, and K and M made calls between approx 2:30 and 3 am, then wouldn't the timeline changes to 3 am and later? If you are saying K and M were killed first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forgotten Murders