ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to take a break from sleuthing this particular crime.

But before I leave I'll go on record with my (wild) educated guess on 11/21/22. This is a total guess based on what I have heard so far from LE and media sources as well as what I have read here on websleuths.

The perpetrator is a stranger who lives locally. He was the one also responsible for the skinning/filleting of the dog on the outskirts of town 3 weeks ago.

This person is in his 30's, is/was a hunter and was ex-military/LE.

He stalked them from the dark and wooded strip at the back of the house at the end of Queen Drive. He was waiting there for the dog to come out (nightly ritual) so he could kill the dog for his own warped desires and for shock value. When he saw the door left open and drunk college girls, he decided to enter. He killed methodically and quietly from room to room. He stabbed them right in the heart/lungs immediately so that they couldn't speak/yell. At least one of the victims was able to crawl out of room.

The perpetrator will be found by law enforcement either living with "down-and-outers" or living/sleeping in his car or van.

The person has serious mental health issues.

Again, this is totally a guess. I have no inside information.

I think you could be pretty close to the truth here.

After seeing investigators search the backyard, I have some thoughts.

There is a lot of open brush behind the home, which I've circled here in red. It looks like in this area there are not any sectioned off backyards, things are pretty open and the fences that are there are short in height (4-5 feet max). I just get an eerie feeling looking at the backyard area. MOO

NFVHBuU.jpg

The backyard is steep going up to the parking/road area behind the house. Each blue line indicates a 10 feet rise in elevation from the parking in front of the house to the road behind the house. There's 30 feet difference in elevation.

1669054923393.png

But I was responding the the post about the timeline. If police state the murders could have happened between 2 and 5 am, and K and M made calls between approx 2:30 and 3 am, then wouldn't the timeline changes to 3 am and later? If you are saying K and M were killed first?
Police didn't state 2. It was only one weird article.

Reactions: nao
I respectfully & wholeheartedly disagree with this sentiment/opinion. Given the extreme amount of attention this case has gotten & is continuing to get, the killer/killers would be an idiot to show up at the funeral(s). This is one of the top news stories at this time. The scrutiny the case is getting is overwhelming. I believe the killer/killers is/are long gone from that area. To go to the funeral(s) would be foolishly inviting unwanted attention on/to themselves.
I am not so sure he/she/they wouldn't be at the funeral or help in other ways. Look at the the Delphi killer, he helped to put together and print off flyers for the girls' funerals. If it's someone from outside the community then I personally think they may be long gone, but if it's someone in the community then I think they are staying close to the investigation and talk.

No mother wants to think their child committed a heinous crime. JMO

Also I agree with original poster that like why would the friend also be calling the ex? The only real situation I could think where something like that would happen would be if the girls thought the ex would pick up for Maddie but not Kaylee? But why? Was he upset?

They aren't 15 and like prank calling the guy they like at a sleepover..

MOO
Maddie calling the ex, again, isn't suspicious at all MOO. She was best friends with Kaylee, and likely had J's number. Definitely a "thing" for girls to call from another phone/have a friend call if they can't get ahold of someone -- just in case their calls aren't going through for whatever reason.

Don't get hung up on this red herring. Police have been extremely clear that those calls are unrelated to the case. Drunk sorority girls wanting to flirt with a guy or update them on something silly that happened while out and about isn't this strange occurence people are wanting to make it out to be. I know we're all jumping for updates, but let's not create our own theories that are incongruent with what LE has been painstakingly clear about.

Hate to say this but we really don’t even know if the dog is with the second owner. We may just be told that. For all we know the killer could have harmed the dog too. It’s not making sense how the sister knows she took the dog out. Unless someone saw them out or J is saying that.

I think people are assuming they didn't see blood because if they actually saw their friend stabbed multiple times in a bloody crime scene, calling their friends instead of 911 is absolutely unhinged behavior.

I think it's safe to assume they didn't think it was a murder when calling friends.
But was it confirmed that the friends came over *because* the friends saw a body? Or could it be, as has been speculated here, that friends came over to meet them for brunch or whatever, and they went upstairs to get other roommates and stumbled across scene...?

My thoughts exactly! The owners of the dog still have the collar so I hope it can be tested (or was tested).

I'm so glad the skinned dog story is being mentioned and in the timeline. What are the chances of 2 sickos within a 3 mile radius of each other?
Where is the report or source on this dog, I’ve read rumors of small dog, and of border collie, when did it happen and what was the nature of it being killed
It sounds like investigators are sure it was not an animal attack?
Source??

My college ex who became a completely normal engineer with a wife and some kids once called me 112 times when I refused to talk to him. I mean is that normal? No, but it's routine drunk college sad kid breakup things.

I can't relate to people confused about 10 unanswered calls when the guy's phone was on silent. Girl was drunk and got her mac and cheese and wanted her sometimes boyfriend to come over. Don't see how it's weird or relevant at all.

The murder of four innocent kids is what's abhorrent and unthinkable. Not the normal kid things they did the day before.

I'm still so curious about what evidence LE has that makes them continue to state that they feel the attack was targeted. I know this was asked yesterday by reporters and was answered very indirectly by Fry. In other cases where it's possible that a murder could be random, law enforcement hasn't hesitated to say that the community should be vigilant and protect themselves, but I haven't really heard much concern from LE on that front. I know there are some recent exceptions to this, (Delphi for one where they said the public wasn't in danger yet now we know the accused was in the community the whole time) but the fact that the university is going to continue to conduct classes in a hybrid in-person/remote way vs cancelling in-person classes makes me think that LE has assured school leadership that they don't think the students are in danger. I can't imagine the school taking a risk otherwise. JMO!

Obviously it's statistically more likely to be a personal killing vs random, but I just have to wonder what evidence there is that seems to be making LE confident about that. What do others think could be driving the "targeted" theory?

Maddie calling the ex, again, isn't suspicious at all MOO. She was best friends with Kaylee, and likely had J's number. Definitely a "thing" for girls to call from another phone/have a friend call if they can't get ahold of someone -- just in case their calls aren't going through for whatever reason.

Don't get hung up on this red herring. Police have been extremely clear that those calls are unrelated to the case. Drunk sorority girls wanting to flirt with a guy or update them on something silly that happened while out and about isn't this strange occurence people are wanting to make it out to be. I know we're all jumping for updates, but let's not create our own theories that are incongruent with what LE has been painstakingly clear about.
But LE hasn't cleared the ex, while they have cleared the surviving roomies. To my knowledge. That's why it's odd IMO

"Families of four butchered Idaho students reveal killer was 'sloppy and left mess of evidence' - but cops STILL have no answers despite multiple people being in house when 911 call was made."

But I was responding the the post about the timeline. If police state the murders could have happened between 2 and 5 am, and K and M made calls between approx 2:30 and 3 am, then wouldn't the timeline changes to 3 am and later? If you are saying K and M were killed first?
I'm not saying ANYONE was killed first. NO ONE knows that at this point, and it doesn't seem that LE does either. It doesn't really matter who was killed first, they were all killed about the same time. Kaylee and Maddie were alive at that time, as were Xana and Ethan -- although sleeping possibly.

Logic tells us that yes those murders happened after 3 as LE as indicated... Between 3-4ish. I think you're overthinking the 2am part... They are including that in case of things like the killer casing the house at that time, or for witnesses that might have seen someone walking/driving in the area at that time (they have even provided maps of where they would like surveillance information of that time). That's just a time window of interest, NOT necessarily the time of the murder. Does that make sense? Hopefully I'm not rambling here haha. MOO of course.

Last edited:
Why lock bedroom doors after killing?

If we are assuming that the reason why roommates didn’t see all the victims in their bedrooms because bedroom doors were locked , why would a killer take a moment to lock door before leaving the house ? I can’t stop thinking about this…

I couldn't agree more and yet I haven't heard a single person here comment on the fact that in the interview with the parents of K, the mom when urging the public to report anything odd they may have seen that night she mentions "someone buying candles" Um, candles? No one is wondering why she mentioned that?
Well, Kaylee’s mother most likely hasn’t slept much in the last week. She’s most likely grieving deeply and somewhat still in shock to a degree.

My guess is her mind is everywhere right now. She probably doesn’t even remember half of what she said.
I wouldn’t read too much into it.

MOO

Great post!

Where is the report or source on this dog, I’ve read rumors of small dog, and of border collie, when did it happen and what was the nature of it being killed
It sounds like investigators are sure it was not an animal attack?
Source??
Several places reporting it. For example, Fox News.

I would imagine that LE would have tested to see if the perp had a shower before they left.

And maybe took a change of clothes with them and bagged up what they'd been wearing and took them away to dispose of them or , awful thought, keep them as a memento.
Or if it was a spur of the moment thing, would anyone really notice if a set of clothes from one of the students was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably