ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, he looks like DeOrr. But I think there is zero chance of the hotel staff giving this child to a random woman who walked in two hours later to retrieve him. I think LE would have been called and the child would be taken into protective custody while they search for the parents. I would hope that DeOrr's family and the PI, believing that he has been abducted, covered their bases by making sure his accurate description was available to everyone.
Can anyone think of why the FBI would not be aware of this viral video or following up on it? Wouldn't the family only have to alert LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole thing is indeed very strange. I really wanted this boy to be DeOrr :(. This is somewhat OT but I keep thinking about it, there has been so much rumor and speculation in this case it makes my head spin, I remember reading or hearing something about if DeOrr was kidnapped he would be found in California? Or look in California? Something about California early on in the case and I can't remember what it was or who said it or what? Does anyone else remember this? Not that it means anything, but just another strange coincidence with this little boy in California...

The Staring Man... reminds me of the Smoking Man ... :facepalm:

I have to say, this has been a most interesting read tonight while I am at work.

If a little boy wasn't missing, I would be laughing.

The whole thing is indeed very strange. I really wanted this boy to be DeOrr :(. This is somewhat OT but I keep thinking about it, there has been so much rumor and speculation in this case it makes my head spin, I remember reading or hearing something about if DeOrr was kidnapped he would be found in California? Or look in California? Something about California early on in the case and I can't remember what it was or who said it or what? Does anyone else remember this? Not that it means anything, but just another strange coincidence with this little boy in California...

I am not sure about the CA rumor, my head is spinning atm too.....

According to the EIN the baby that was found was turned over to the PD. Note that the baby was found on 9/13~so this event took place TWO days ago so MRR must have decided after the fact to post this photo and information. I assume its OK to discuss her and her name and posting since its in the news article not just SM?

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/09/lemhi-sheriff-the-child-in-this-viral-post-is-not-deorr-kunz/

"Thousands have shared the photo, originally posted Sunday Sept. 13 by a woman named Maria Red Rum.
Rum writes: “Missing child 9/13 found at motel 6 7450 patella ave stanton ca. 2-3 years of age brown eyes blond hair about 30-35 pounds doesn’t talk much if any information on who might know this child contact stanton pd asap he is in their custody”

Note that the eye color is brown. Question, has anyone read or seen information regarding any birth marks baby Deoor might have had?

I have read no mention of birth marks anywhere.

Also, Red Rum-from Stephen King's The Shining. Murder backwards. Kind of weird for a posting about a missing child.

Also, Red Rum-from Stephen King's The Shining. Murder backwards. Kind of weird for a posting about a missing child.

True that, but there are a ton of facebookers who use a nom de plume for security reasons. Not sure it helps much....

That child looks enough like little Deorr that I would at the minimum want more photos for comparison. I do notice what appear to be some subtle differences, but to get an accurate comparison the photo would have to be taken from the same angle as the one of Deorr, not the camera pointed from above angling downward as in the unknown little boy's photo. Someone mentioned earlier that the little boy found had bleached hair, it also appears that way to me. Little Deorr's is naturally blonde isn't it? I also wonder if this is some kind of scam or prank, though to what end I have no idea.

And why is this PI seemingly running the show, where is LE in all of this? Has social media made them so paranoid that they are completely shying away from their public now ? Not saying I agree with social media, I'm not on it. But this is a missing child case that at least some believe may be a victim of abduction and needs to be found. Yet LE doesn't think so, they didn't even report this look alike Deorr, the PI did. And the FBI isn't looking for him either, he's not even listed as missing on their website. They claim also he wasn't taken by an animal predator, though how they can be so sure I don't know. Those big cats are very stealthy and quick. They are like ghosts and rarely even seen.

So if not abducted, whether by man or animal, why not more organized searches for the child who wondered off and got lost in the woods ? Because what else does that leave? Buried in another remote area or lake somewhere far removed from Timber Creek Campground? So find out where... there are ways... and search there. :gaah:

That child looks enough like little Deorr that I would at the minimum want more photos for comparison. I do notice what appear to be some subtle differences, but to get an accurate comparison the photo would have to be taken from the same angle as the one of Deorr, not the camera pointed from above angling downward as in the unknown little boy's photo. Someone mentioned earlier that the little boy found had bleached hair, it also appears that way to me. Little Deorr's is naturally blonde isn't it? I also wonder if this is some kind of scam or prank, though to what end I have no idea.

And why is this PI seemingly running the show, where is LE in all of this? Has social media made them so paranoid that they are completely shying away from their public now ? Not saying I agree with social media, I'm not on it. But this is a missing child case that at least some believe may be a victim of abduction and needs to be found. Yet LE doesn't think so, they didn't even report this look alike Deorr, the PI did. And the FBI isn't looking for him either, he's not even listed as missing on their website. They claim also he wasn't taken by an animal predator, though how they can be so sure I don't know. Those big cats are very stealthy and quick. They are like ghosts and rarely even seen.

So if not abducted, whether by man or animal, why not more organized searches for the child who wondered off and got lost in the woods ? Because what else does that leave? Buried in another remote area or lake somewhere far removed from Timber Creek Campground? So find out where... there are ways... and search there. :gaah:

I don't believe the PI is responsible for the look a like report... The woman who found the look alike baby initiated it.

A lot of blond babies/children have dark hair underneath. Its bleached out over the summer months as they play outside. My kids hair would be almost white but would darken up again. IMO the look a like baby's hair is not dyed. It does look wet or dirty. For some reason the pic of him on the phone breaks my heart no matter who he is...

I don't believe the PI is responsible for the look a like report... The woman who found the look alike baby initiated it.

True, but isn't the PI the one that came out to the media about it ? Am I wrong? I'm too tired to go back and read again now. I guess I'll wait.

A lot of blond babies/children have dark hair underneath. Its bleached out over the summer months as they play outside. My kids hair would be almost white but would darken up again. IMO the look a like baby's hair is not dyed. It does look wet or dirty. For some reason the pic of him on the phone breaks my heart no matter who he is...

Maybe you're right, wish there were more pics. He looks amazingly similar to Deorr, IMO.

ETA: Just checked out the larger pic, I think you're right, his eyebrows are light as well. I don't think it's a dye job.

Yeah, that freaked me out. Why would someone trying to be taken seriously give that name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MONTPELIER, Idaho -
A Montpelier-based private detective working with the family of a missing two-year-old is offering a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

And there we have it. They are coming out of the woodwork.

We don't know that the parents provided incorrect information about their arrival date to LE. I KNOW we've all had this discussion before, haven't we?

I think the posters have had the discussion, but I don't think everyone had the same conclusion.

Why is this positive PR campaign starting now? My guess is they are worried about the FBI report.

If I truly thought my missing child was seen two days ago in California, I'd be in my car driving down there. There is no way I'd sit in Idaho waiting for the police department or the PI or the FBI or anyone else to get back to me. I'd be standing in the police department tomorrow morning demanding some answers. MOO.

If I truly thought my missing child was seen two days ago in California, I'd be in my car driving down there. There is no way I'd sit in Idaho waiting for the police department or the PI or the FBI or anyone else to get back to me. I'd be standing in the police department tomorrow morning demanding some answers. MOO.

They could be doing that. If they are I hope they have help, they are so wounded.

What positive PR campaign?

the upcoming sketch..the staring man..the reenactment...the reward...new interview by the parents...this is all PR. All being done to get people to think the parents are not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092