ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: it's been mentioned that maybe the news station made an error on the age, getting it confused with Motel 6... maybe it will get cleared up....

Goodness. Who's writing the news these days. Mixing a 2 year old to be a 6 year old because it's Motel 6!!! Sigh...

There's something VERY ODD about this little boy in CA. He was not 6 and he looks exactly like DeOrr. His hair in the pic has dark roots but that face is the same. What the hell is going on?

There's something VERY ODD about this little boy in CA. He was not 6 and he looks exactly like DeOrr. His hair in the pic has dark roots but that face is the same. What the hell is going on?

LE said it's not him. I didn't think it even looked like him.

Ok so now, parents weren't exploring, but looking for a place to fish. Soon, someone will be saying 'probably exploring for a place to fish. Nothing wrong with it!" LOL
Also GGP went inside his car.

Comment of the day: "At least you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted,” said Vilt. Gold.

Merely proving that you don't need to go to the remote wilderness to chance upon a little blond tot. You can just go to your local <modsnip> Motel 6 and find yourself an unsupervised blond tiny tot. Much easier, in fact.

That's weird. If he was 6 years old, he would have been able to tell them his name, as well. The boy in that photo is not 6 - his hands are tiny. Is the photo not of the same child? I'm confused.

Found at a motel 6. Not 6 years old.

As much as I'd like to think it might be DeOrr, there are some pretty fundamental differences between the two children (in my opinion and only my opinion). There are some other pictures on the page cited by East Idaho News (not sure that comment is allowed, so please delete if not) that make the differences a bit clearer.

I do hope that they've done some double checking to ensure the woman really was his mom. The story is indeed quite odd and more than a bit disquieting.

Why? Is that some sort of requirement? My husband and I enjoy fishing with each other and not usually with other people. There's NOT one thing strange, odd, or questionable that they didn't choose to fish with IR, IMO.

Au contraire! I think it's VERY ODD! (Moo-Moooo)

I have always thought this sheriff was being upfront with the information he could share. Watch what he did (without sugar coating things), he named four people a POI & called in the FBI.

- ETA isn't this an elected Sheriff? If so, he wants to be telling his peops the truth so to speak.

~~But...what about the store receipt (not that it says who bought the items)????

I have no idea, but just a few possibilities off the cuff:
-one person bought items that would indicate the toddler was with them (like, "see? Why would buy candy if he weren't with us?"
-a clerk spotted the parents at the store at that time and produced a receipt. The parents then "remembered" (there seems to be a lot of that going on) that they went there and LE did indeed discover that they had items on hand that they bought.
-the parents went to town without DeOrr and realized that they made a tremendous mistake when they returned and he was nowhere to be found. So they told LE that little DeOrr was with them, despite that the store produced a receipt that showed no items bought for a child.

Which I guess shows, I have no idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is not some kind of crazy typo, I guess this explains why the sheriff said the investigation was going in a different direction, and a lot of other things. How do you come back to the public after the truth about the timeline has been exposed and you said something completely different in a 911 call, to LE and, in a recorded interview with media? (You don't. You remain silent. And you don't look at the camera.) And why would you ever jeopardize the investigation of your missing son by saying he went missing during a completely different timeframe?

And I don't see AT ALL how having a man walk into a trailer and the PI grabbing a little girl proves ANYONE's non-involvement. There is literally zero correlation.

This is IN-sane.

What was said to LE, 911 call and the media that is different from each other?

I have not exactly kept up with this case like some posters have, so i'm kinda behind.

I know JM called 911 at 2:30 pm and told the 911 operator that Deorr went missing an hour earlier.

The kid looks hispanic or part hispanic to me. He has dark hair (with the ends bleached) and dark skin. (modsnip)

I noticed the CA child's hair had been bleached blond also. How odd for a toddler's hair to be bleached.

So, the story has changed significantly yet again? Now they were scouting for fishing locations? And now GGP went into the trailer while he was supposed to be watching DeOrr? Why wouldn't he take DeOrr into the trailer with him? And why is the person who was protected so fiercely at the beginning of this whole case now being thrown under the bus every chance they get?

"At least you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted,” said Vilt. Of course. And you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted by aliens either. Give me a break.

I suppose they are going to introduce all these "what if" scenarios to create reasonable doubt during a trial? Is that where this is headed?

This statement, IMO, shows that the PI is all about creating a legal defense for the parents if they end up charged with something.

A PI hired by the parents of a missing child should be all about finding the child, not pushing pet theories on the grounds that they can't be disproved.

At this point, it shouldn't be about what can be proved or not. It should be about finding the child. Or his body.

I never believed the baby made it back from the store. Now maybe he didn't even go to the store. jmo

The little boy who was found in California ..that makes no sense to me. A woman loses her kid for 2 hours and DCS isnt involved??? they just gave him back ? he wanders into a Motel 6 and no agency says wait a minute.. is this "mother even competent"? JMO

One of the witnesses says the boy was definitely caucasian.

I have to say, he looks like DeOrr. But I think there is zero chance of the hotel staff giving this child to a random woman who walked in two hours later to retrieve him. I think LE would have been called and the child would be taken into protective custody while they search for the parents. I would hope that DeOrr's family and the PI, believing that he has been abducted, covered their bases by making sure his accurate description was available to everyone.
Can anyone think of why the FBI would not be aware of this viral pic or following up on it? Wouldn't the family only have to alert LE?

We don't know that the parents provided incorrect information about their arrival date to LE. I KNOW we've all had this discussion before, haven't we?

Yes, we have. I think people have different opinions as to why LE and the media was led to believe/let believe the parents arrived to Leadore on Fri instead of Thurs night...and WHY LE had to find out during their investigation that what they believed at first was not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members