ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why LE needs to mention that tips should be directed to them, just in case anything that can help solving the case is overlooked by PI (I take it as PI keeps all the tips for himself). I mean, if I were the family and had a PI, I would also make sure I pass all leads to FBI/LE; having two (or more) group following leads and having different thoughts/insights is better.

I just thought, could Deorr have fallen in the brook and drowned, then been washed downstream a long way? That could explain why the dogs couldn't follow his scent and why his boots haven't been found. Then an animal, a scavenger, could have found him in the brook and made off with him, so by the time LE went to search the brook he was gone.

This is what I am thinking happened. I think he fell in and floated down the creek into a larger body of water, except I think his little body is stuck under some debris, and that is why his body hasn't floated to the surface yet.

I just thought, could Deorr have fallen in the brook and drowned, then been washed downstream a long way? That could explain why the dogs couldn't follow his scent and why his boots haven't been found. Then an animal, a scavenger, could have found him in the brook and made off with him, so by the time LE went to search the brook he was gone.

We have discussed all that. I think he could be in the creek But could not go far (float) downstream , there are too many obstacles

The creek is shallow in spots , but has deep pools in some spots with large rocks. A semi-submerged (small) body could get trapped in a cavity under a big rock . I have excavated similar creeks . Roll a couple of big rocks away and there can be some surprisingly big caverns under them. That is where the big gold nuggets are :) Large equipment is required , those rocks weigh thousands of pounds.

Yes, I agree with you completely. However, the boots little Deorr was wearing were NOT those type of boots or anywhere even similar to those boots. Like you said, mud boots are meant to go on and come off easily, which they do. Even adult mud boots slip on and off easily. They're made to do just that! They are quite popular for little ones and sometimes come with matching raincoats and umbrellas. Why, ALL of a sudden, some want to start calling Deorr's boots mud boots is beyond me.

My bad. I searched everywhere for pics of Deorr's boots and came up with nothing but the parent's description. Can you link the pics of Deorr's boots?

TIA!

ETA: sorry, I was catching up and saw the picture on the poster. Definitely not cowboy boots. Thank you!

A link was posted much earlier in the conversation showing what the boots looked like and were similar to this (except with a camo pattern): http://toddlerbootsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/western-toddler-boots-side-278x300.jpg

What I've always considered a cowboy boot is more like this: http://scene7.targetimg1.com/is/image/Target/14133079?wid=480&hei=480

Although I suppose one could argue this is a matter of semantics, I do think there is a pretty big difference between the types of boots and would make a difference in how easily they would fall off. (I also tend to think that even if a boot fell off, it wouldn't necessarily be easy to find given how small the boots were comparatively and that they were camo in design, but I have no clear ideas of where, when or how they might have fallen off if they did).

As always -- moo and a fair bit of speculation.

Yes, this boot pictured is a wellington/roper type boot. But, as I stated before, the balance is very generous in the ankle area, like a mud boot, which would make it fit less snugly and especially it they were "too big", they would easily fall off.

I did not mean to make anyone angry. I was just offering some perspective from 'boot country' since many posters were arguing about what sort of boots Deorr had on and the liklihood of them slipping off.

I will go back to lurkdome, lol.

I always wonder if maybe they went into Leadore the evening before they arrived at the campsite. Could they have been the man with the dirty, crying child?

I know it's out of they way but if they needed something or if they wanted something...maybe?

That was a really late arrival to camp seeing that their journey from home was only what..2 hours?

I don't think I know when they left IF. But they arrived at 9 PMish? Just around sunset that time of year.

IIRC, the sheriff was asked if the family stopped anywhere on the way and the answer was that they stopped on the road for diesel.

It seems that the rumor of the 6 PM sighting of the bawling boy would have to be wrong by the time and the date for it to be on Thurs night on the way to the campsite, and the sheriff would have had to either not known about it or purposefully left it out of his answer.) But, sheesh, possible!

ETA: I should add, the other possibility is that the timeline was wrong--this would not blow me away considering that it has evolved since the first day.

ETA: (again!) I also realized that at the time of the interview when DK brought up this rumor it was not public info that the family had arrived on Thurs. Dunno how that might affect the way he conveyed the rumor. (If he felt more comfortable with people just sticking with the known timeline--for WHATEVER reason--maybe he just said it was Fri.)

Yes, this boot pictured is a wellington/roper type boot. But, as I stated before, the balance is very generous in the ankle area, like a mud boot, which would make it fit less snugly and especially it they were "too big", they would easily

I did not mean to make anyone angry. I was just offering some perspective from 'boot country' since many posters were arguing about what sort of boots Deorr had on and the liklihood of them slipping off.

Right, Wellington's they are:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-wellington-boots.htm

My bad. I searched everywhere for pics of Deorr's boots and came up with nothing but the parent's description. Can you link the pics of Deorr's boots?

TIA!

ETA: sorry, I was catching up and saw the picture on the poster. Definitely not cowboy boots. Thank you!

It seems as though when little Deorr's parents described his boots as "Cowboy Boots" they were, in fact, correct:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_boot

I just experienced a tragic incident that has me thinking differently about this case. Our 6 lb chihuahua woke us up @ 3am to go potty (like every night) and we let her out and after 15 min she hadn't come back in (very unusual). Searched with flashlights in the woods, on the streets and all surrounding area, searched entire next 2 days - no luck. We found our pup deceased, approx 3 football fields away (straight line as bird flies) - over a steep cliff and apparently dumped in the lake. :(

We believe she was picked up by an eagle, osprey, or owl as many neighbors have been experiencing lost pets and one recent report of a large owl swooping within 5 or 6 feet of person with 35 lb dog on a leash. We also have coyotes in the area attacking chickens on people's property.

I believe if foulplay by animal (or fowl) as involved here - something would have shown up. Unless that specific area was never searched - no one detected any decomp smell - no clues have been identified.

So sorry to read about the loss of your beloved pet, and the traumatic way you found her. I offer sincere condolences.

Yes, this boot pictured is a wellington/roper type boot. But, as I stated before, the balance is very generous in the ankle area, like a mud boot, which would make it fit less snugly and especially it they were "too big", they would easily fall off.

Oh, I hope you don't think I was responding angrily to you! You most certainly didn't say anything that was offensive in any way, and I appreciated your input on the thread!

I don't believe there was any man staring at them in Leadore, nor was there any man in an expensive Jeep Rubicon. If these were true stories, they would have been mentioned immediately and LE would have asked the public's assistance to identify them. There is no way - NO WAY - that your child goes missing and you FORGET that kind of info for MONTHS. NO. WAY.

I don't believe there was any man staring at them in Leadore, nor was there any man in an expensive Jeep Rubicon. If these were true stories, they would have been mentioned immediately and LE would have asked the public's assistance to identify them. There is no way - NO WAY - that your child goes missing and you FORGET that kind of info for MONTHS. NO. WAY.

But didn't the sheriff say in an interview that he knew about the staring man? Didn't he respond by saying something about not having the time (resources?) to run down every person who ever looked at a child? I'm not quoting the sheriff or even paraphrasing but I believe this is the gist of his comment. Do we know when he received that information and who provided it to him? He seemed to brush IT off in the same manner as he brushed off any of the other possibilities. IMO

But didn't the sheriff say in an interview that he knew about the staring man? Didn't he respond by saying something about not having the time (resources?) to run down every person who ever looked at a child? I'm not quoting the sheriff or even paraphrasing but I believe this is the gist of his comment. Do we know when he received that information and who provided it to him? He seemed to brush IT off in the same manner as he brushed off any of the other possibilities. IMO

That's about it, he seems to just kind of brush it off at around 4:20 in the video.

Just a note of some of his other statements:

"we've given them (the FBI) lots of items to analyze behaviorally"
"we've given them some physical evidence, I can't go into those details"
. We know about the ax and the overalls, I wonder what else.
"we're looking for any clue, whatsoever that might help us resolve this". To resolve, not find. :thinking:

"You know, we searched them (the vehicles)that night, but you know you always second guess, did we miss something? Could he have been in another compartment, so we searched everything, everything's been searched at least a couple times if not more." I guess to make sure he hadn't crawled off into a compartment and gone to sleep, or other...?

"absolutely nothing's been ruled out".

"if they didn't have a 2 1/2 y/o prior to this time, that's one I want to look at closely".

"he (the private investigator) primarily thinks it's an abduction, and I think that's very remote".

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

I'm right with you. 2 months in and now they remember a "very expensive" black Rubicon Jeep?? I'm not buying it. As you say, NO WAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris