ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SB is doing an amazing job. I think the SAR people did an amazing job. They all wanted to find the child, alive and well and did their absolute best in trying to find him. I applaud them all!

I refuse to criticize the efforts of the troops on the ground while I sit behind a screen a million miles away, guessing at 'evidence'.

Just my opinion.

I think everyone who is so certain that someone SHOULD have remembered seeing DeOrr in the store (IF he was even there?) should give themselves that same test. Look back over the last 3-4 days at all the places you went and see if you remember just anyone (not someone who stood out for a particular reason). We just returned from an 11-day vacation to seven states and LOTS of places and I don't remember anyone that we didn't directly engage with.
I'm not. I never remember anyone.
And if the place is busy was it bikers passing threw? Other family's that traveled far to be there? Do they even have a clue they were at the same store as a missing toddler?
I know I can't possibly be the only one here who has worked at a store like this. When its busy that means your busy. If your busy looking down scanning items and counting out change that means your not looking up observing people with their children.

Just realized I responded to the wrong post so it might not make sense. But still feel this way so I'll leave it.

I think SB is doing an amazing job. I think the SAR people did an amazing job. They all wanted to find the child, alive and well and did their absolute best in trying to find him. I applaud them all!

I refuse to criticize the efforts of the troops on the ground while I sit behind a screen a million miles away, guessing at 'evidence'.

Just my opinion.
Thank you for you opinion!!! We both feel the same on this. I'm a bit confused on some things but truly they did their best.

Yes, and a volunteer searcher found her a half mile from the house, in tall grass, after the area had already been searched three times.

Is it possible that is why they captured all the images with the drones? So that in case something turns up later in an area already searched, they can go back and look at the drone images to see if it was there before? (referring to Deorr's case, not Rainn's) Just a thought...

I don't think anyone did a bad job, I just think they need to look again.
I can't imagine look for a person that little...in camo.
I also think that how children behave in these instances is a lot more unpredictable. We might think we know where they'd go but who knows?
I can't even count the amount of cases I have read on here that the person turned up right where they were searching. A lot. And the dogs not getting a scent, A LOT.
I have read so many cases with those two elements that I am frankly shocked that anyone still comes to the conclusion that the person wasn't even there or the dogs WOULD HAVE PICKED UP THE SCENT. No, they often don't. I can rattle off cases as I have done earlier in these threads but I'll just ask everyone to keep these things in mind in future cases and you'll see just how often they occur.

Even if he was dragged away by a mountain lion or abducted by a kidnapper..there should have been a scent to follow. However, if he was taken away in a car that was parked there near the campfire, the dogs would have circled and returned to the campfire..Right?

Anything i write is just my opinion

Even if he was dragged away by a mountain lion or abducted by a kidnapper..there should have been a scent to follow. However, if he was taken away in a car that was parked there near the campfire, the dogs would have circled and returned to the campfire..Right?

I'd think so.

Unfortunately, from the cases I have read, dogs aren't always able to follow a scent, and in the case of a mountain lion, it would just grab and run. Since DeOrr is small, a mountain lion might carry rather than drag as they often do with smaller prey. The riparian adjacent to the creek would be a perfect area for a mountain lion to stalk from and it might have grabbed DeOrr as he went over the embankment. The forested areas surrounding the campsite are also areas where mountain lions stalk from. They avoid crossing or walking in an open field where they would be seen.

Follower for many years...first post, don't hurt me ;)

I seem to recall that SB was perhaps out of state when DeOrr went missing and thought I saw that he returned about the 15th. Does anyone else recall that? It seems I saw that in an early article but after much searching have come up empty handed. TIA

Follower for many years...first post, don't hurt me ;)

I seem to recall that SB was perhaps out of state when DeOrr went missing and thought I saw that he returned about the 15th. Does anyone else recall that? It seems I saw that in an early article but after much searching have come up empty handed. TIA

I know his dog was used the first day.

Unfortunately, from the cases I have read, dogs aren't always able to follow a scent, and in the case of a mountain lion, it would just grab and run. Since DeOrr is small, a mountain lion might carry rather than drag as they often do with smaller prey. The riparian adjacent to the creek would be a perfect area for a mountain lion to stalk from and it might have grabbed DeOrr as he went over the embankment. The forested areas surrounding the campsite are also areas where mountain lions stalk from. They avoid crossing or walking in an open field where they would be seen.

That shouldn't matter. SAR K9s can and do follow skin rafts in the air, which we're all constantly shedding.

I'm not saying that dogs would for certain have been able to follow DeOrr's scent, but being carried off by a mtn. lion wouldn't necessarily interfere with that ability. Even across water.

K-9's have been known to track down a person in a car on an interstate highway. Not the norm, but not impossible.

K-9's have been known to track down a person in a car on an interstate highway. Not the norm, but not impossible.

Was that one K-9 that did that or has that happened on more than one occasion? I just know from researching cases of people lost in forests or other dense areas that they are often missed by the K-9's as well as various other search means. I just don't think it should be "expected" that K-9's will find the missing person or to conclude if they don't it means the person is not there.

Just my opinion.

Excellent post!

I'm bothered by all the threats the family is said to be getting. And didn't someone earlier on this thread say that someone was stalking them? WHAT is going on here?

I really don't feel it's right for people to be bashing ANYONE in this case. As someone stated earlier-it's easy to be a "tough guy" behind a computer screen.

We have NO IDEA why the sheriff doesnt want random people searching the area. The FBI could have asked him to do that. It could be considered a crime scene. Who knows?

We don't know enough yet to say for sure that the parents are guilty of any crime.

Seriously people...search and rescue teams and dogs are amazing. They give their time to try to help people. Why would anyone want to say bad things about them?

I just dont get the vitriol being spewed everywhere in this case.

Didn't the dad say in one interview that he got tons of people up (with just a couoke phone calls, I think he said) to help search and the sheriff said they searched outside the official search area? I wonder if that would have helped/himdered the search?

I certainly cannot judge the sheriff's effectiveness and do not mean to sound critical; I do, however, wish his words sounded more...professional? Is that the right word? Some of what he says does not inspire confidence. IMO

Reminders:

We do NOT sleuth family members' FB accounts or bring information from those pages over to Websleuths.

The SA (analysis blog) is NOT an approved blog to be linked here at WS.

:tyou:

Reminders:The SA (analysis blog) is NOT an approved blog to be linked here at WS.
:tyou:

Damn, I was about to ask a question about that. Not that I believed in it at first but if you take it at face value, and read it as if it was written "IMO" it's actually thought-provoking and makes some sense in places. Well, about as much sense as some of the "IMO" posts across these 13 threads... :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092