ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting observation. So, if that was the case, and DeOrr DID have access to them, it "could" indicate he didn't wander off (and left them behind) but rather was taken directly from the campsite. But I also read those items were inside the truck.

Figure of speech only by the parents , plenty of pictures of him without his toys or blankets .

Just noticed in the first interview something I hadn't caught on to before.

JM said Deorr never went anywhere without his blanket, his monkey, and his cup. Her wording through me off a little. She said these items were "left at the campsite". As if Deorr did have access to them but left without them, like Deorr is the one who did the leaving. Probably means nothing, but I think I would've worded it as "his blanket, monkey, and cup were STILL at the campsite."
If your child was missing for three days would you really be able to think clearly enough to word things clearly?

I just don't understand.

My son who is the same age as DeOrr also NEVER goes anywhere with out his blanket, or his semi truck he calls "Dada" but that doesnt mean that he doesn't walk away from these things. Doesn't mean he won't play and enjoy life with out them. What that means is if he was going bye bye to grandmas house he is going to want them things or at night he wants them both with him. It doesn't mean that he isn't gonna ever step away from them. He leaves them where he knows they are going to be and then he goes back to them at some point. What I think the parents point is is that DeOrr didn't come back for them....so that means something or someone is keeping DeOrr from them.

It's clear to me the mother is saying DeOrr would not be wandering around without one of his luvies. She is saying someONE is keeping her child from her.

I just don't understand.

My son who is the same age as DeOrr also NEVER goes anywhere with out his blanket, or his semi truck he calls "Dada" but that doesnt mean that he doesn't walk away from these things. Doesn't mean he won't play and enjoy life with out them. What that means is if he was going bye bye to grandmas house he is going to want them things or at night he wants them both with him. It doesn't mean that he isn't gonna ever step away from them. He leaves them where he knows they are going to be and then he goes back to them at some point. What I think the parents point is is that DeOrr didn't come back for them....so that means something or someone is keeping DeOrr from them.

I agree giagreen, and our grandson is the same with White Bear. He goes everywhere with him, but he doesn't take it everywhere he goes. If we go somewhere, we take it so he'll have it at bedtime.

Isn't there still confusion as to where the blanket, monkey and cup really were?

JM said Deorr never went anywhere without his blanket, his monkey, and his cup. Her wording through me off a little. She said these items were "left at the campsite". As if Deorr did have access to them but left without them, like Deorr is the one who did the leaving. Probably means nothing, but I think I would've worded it as "his blanket, monkey, and cup were STILL at the campsite."

I just realized that from your post, JM said they were "left at the campSITE". When I originally read your post I was thinking it said, "left by the campFIRE". So just as all of us have referred to the area in which they were camping as the "campSITE", that's likely what she meant. That these items weren't with DeOrr but were left (somewhere - in the truck?) at the campSITE, not campFIRE, wouldn't necessarily mean DeOrr had access to them. Hope this makes sense.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about the various (18?) dogs that were used in the search efforts to find DeOrr. What I don't know is where, exactly, did all of those dogs search?

There's been quite a bit of discussion about the various (18?) dogs that were used in the search efforts to find DeOrr. What I don't know is where, exactly, did all of those dogs search?

I don't know specific maps or anything but I remember reading that they searched around the campsite itself and the lake area which was north of the campsite with the dogs.

So I am assuming they took the dogs in a big circle radious around the campsite.

They mentioned the dogs kept coming back to the campsite area which led them to believe the boy didnt venture away from the campsite.

I don't know specific maps or anything but I remember reading that they searched around the campsite itself and the lake area which was north of the campsite with the dogs.

So I am assuming they took the dogs in a big circle radious around the campsite.

They mentioned the dogs kept coming back to the campsite area which led them to believe the boy didnt venture away from the campsite.

Yes, that's what I recall too. Thanks for the refresher. What I'm wondering is did the dogs search anywhere else? I really don't recall reading that they had, but I may have missed it.

Thank you for this post. I have long contended that many missing children, especially in rural/wild areas, were taken by mountain lions. The problem is, only once in a while is any evidence found - think Jaryd Atadero. http://www.unforgottenchildren.com/jarydatadero.html

I so agree, Trident. The same with many of the missing adults. So often a mountain lion is suspected, but the body is never found and the disappearance remains unsolved. Some say how few attacks there really are. But I'm just not too sure of that. I just read that in Big Bend in West Texas from 2004 (I didn't catch the ending year but I think it was 2004) there have been 21 mountain lion encounters some of which were attacks. Those types of incidences and attacks seem to be growing in many areas.

ETA: And although some believe there must be some large numbers of mountain lions in an area in order to create the perfect storm between mountain lions and humans to allow an attack, Big Bend National Park encompasses 800,000 acres with an estimate of just two dozen mountain lions habitating there.

I agree it was odd and did indeed indicate he had access to them, but left them behind...and they were later found in the truck.

The mother was pretty clear, imo. He never went anywhere without them. My child had a favored item and it was NEVER out of her reach no matter where she was day or night until she was old enough to let it go. At 2 going on 3 years...it was always with her and had been since birth as a preemie. It was her security.

If your child was missing for three days would you really be able to think clearly enough to word things clearly?
Yes, I would be able to think clearly enough in this kind of situation to word things clearly and I trust this mother could too.

Kunz family: If you see DeOrr, please ask him this question
Updated at 2:01 pm, October 30th, 2015
By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

[...]
IDAHO FALLS — The grandmother of a missing toddler says if you see someone you believe is DeOrr Kunz, ask the child his name.

Trina Bates Clegg says DeOrr knows who he is and even knows the names of his parents.

“If someone comes up to my grandson DeOrr and says, ‘What is your name?’ he’s going to say, ‘My name is DeOrr Kunz,'” Trina Bates Clegg told EastIdahoNews.com during an interview.

“Please ask him his name, because he will tell you he’s smart,” Bates Clegg said. “He’s very, very smart.”

[...]
“If you ask him, ‘Is yours mom’s name Jessica and is your daddy’s name DeOrr, he will tell you absolutely yes,” Bates Clegg said. “If you even have a thought that it’s him, please ask him his name.”

Late at night

Although you state here that the FLIR search at Timber Creek was done late at night, actually that doesn't seem to be the case. While looking for information on the dog searches I came across the article (at the beginning of the forum where it lists all the articles) that states that the FLIR search was done just as it got dark. So it seems, given the time of year and the daytime temperature, that early at night would not have given the ground suitable time to cool down for a successful search using FLIR, IMO.

July 17th KMVT article - FLIR information was provided by Deputy Steve Penner

I agree it was odd and did indeed indicate he had access to them, but left them behind...and they were later found in the truck.

The mother was pretty clear, imo. He never went anywhere without them. My child had a favored item and it was NEVER out of her reach no matter where she was day or night until she was old enough to let it go. At 2 going on 3 years...it was always with her and had been since birth as a preemie. It was her security.
Do you have a link that they were found in the truck?

Maybe Onebest will see this and chime in with his wealth of knowledge. There have been incidences of mountain lion attacks where the person survived and the mountain lion couldn't be seen when LE arrived or was seen and then disappeared. So, in order to catch the lion to either move it to a new location (this is seldom done) or to euthanize it, they bring in special cougar dogs (wild animal tracking dogs) to track and locate the animal. It seems as though SAR people tracking dogs are not what is used to track mountain lions. I wonder why these speciality dogs weren't used to see if they could track a mountain lion that might have taken DeOrr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member