ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is really out there - but - during the interview the father says the word "snake" twice while searching for the word "salmon". Could Deorr have been bitten by a snake and they covered up because they didn't want to be found negligent? Just thinking... (Maybe thinking too much!)

It's been suggested that the use of snake as opposed to salmon was a slip up referencing the Snake River. Some people have suggested it might indicate that the river is signifigant to the crime.

To me, VDK does show some emotion - it seems somewhat real, but kind of staged/exaggerated at the same time. I do sense that whatever happened to DeOrr is upsetting to him and I think he misses his son. JM, on the other hand, shows very little emotion and seems ice cold to me. There is no chance, in my mind, that they don't both know what happened to DeOrr and both are in on the cover up. One or the other may be more responsible for what actually caused his death, but they are both lying. Both of them seem much more concerned with rumors and the effect of the case on themselves (it's always "I" or "me" or "us") rather than how horrible and terrifying this situation would have been for their son. I don't think they can bring themselves to look at the situation from DeOrr's point of view (because they know who, how, and what caused his death). MOO.

To me, VDK does show some emotion - it seems somewhat real, but kind of staged/exaggerated at the same time. I do sense that whatever happened to DeOrr is upsetting to him and I think he misses his son. JM, on the other hand, shows very little emotion and seems ice cold to me. There is no chance, in my mind, that they don't both know what happened to DeOrr and both are in on the cover up. One or the other may be more responsible for what actually caused his death, but they are both lying. Both of them seem much more concerned with rumors and the effect of the case on themselves (it's always "I" or "me" or "us") rather than how horrible and terrifying this situation would have been for their son. I don't think they can bring themselves to look at the situation from DeOrr's point of view (because they know who, how, and what caused his death). MOO.

That is what I have been trying to wrap my head around. Is there anybody in the world worth covering for if something happened to [your] baby?

I have rewatched the first interview several times. I too find it bizarre that JM is able to clutch the baby's blanket without sobbing, especially when she explains what it is. My eight-year-old has a blanket she sleeps with every night and honestly every time I smell it I nearly get emotional, and she's alive and well! It is her security blanket so she sleeps with it every night. I will never get rid of it, even when she's grown and over it. It smells like her 😊 And BTW, I've checked with her pediatrician to see if this is normal at her age, lol, and he said some kids go to college with "security" items. Lol.

Anywho, back on topic about that first interview. Has anyone else noticed that JM looks back-and-forth between VDK and the interviewer IMO in a nervous/frantic kind of way, like OMG what exactly is he going to say, and is NE going to buy it, when VDK is discussing what supposedly happened to the baby. She also seems to make a lot of movements with her mouth and foot when VDK is divulging details or specifics. Just my observation.

She seems more relaxed when he changes topic and begins to talk about the search and rescue team/effort. To me, that is telling. She knows he can't fabricate anything about the search and rescue effort, because that is what happened and it's verifiable. There's no reason to be nervous when discussing it. But there is much reason to be nervous when explaining the timeline and the circumstances surrounding their son's disappearance.

That combined with her utter lack of emotion is suspicious, at least to me. For the record, I am a mother of two.

This is all MOO.

No, they are covering for themselves.

Sorry, Desert-Blue. I meant it one of them did it and the other is covering for them. What person could possibly be so special, you would sacrifice your son's life and dignity entirely to keep them safe, if you knew they were the reason behind his disappearance and/or death.

That is what I have been trying to wrap my head around. Is there anybody in the world worth covering for if something happened to [your] baby?
BBM

Baby Bella's mom covered for her boyfriend. It happens all the time, sadly, for a multitude of reasons. Give me enough time and I can probably think of some fathers covering for mothers...or someone else will.
JMO

Another random observation about the first interview. First of all let me say that methamphetamines leave your system within 48 to 72 hours AFAIK. It's not like marijuana that leaves traces for 30 days.

His being overly talkative, her lack of emotion and the repeated movements of her mouth and foot are indicative of meth usage. Just making an observation, MOO that drug use could be a possibility.

I just don't find either one of their mannerisms or behavior to be typical of someone whose child has just gone missing. In addition, most parents would've been up all day and night since he went missing, with little to no sleep; frantic, searching, beating themselves up, going over details of that day, crying, etc. so the lack of sleep combined with sheer physical and emotional exhaustion would cause you to be MORE emotional during the interview, not less.

BBM

Baby Bella's mom covered for her boyfriend. It happens all the time, sadly, for a multitude of reasons. Give me enough time and I can probably think of some fathers covering for mothers...or someone else will.
JMO

Good point. I suppose my mind isn't meant to understand that thought process so it is hard to imagine. It was just something I have been thinking about a lot.

Another thing!! (I'm on a roll today, lol) I have never been part of a discussion surrounding a disappearance before this. I just found it so fascinating that someone can "vanish" into this air. It's crazy. It's bizarre. It's scary. And it's not believable in this situation.

So my question is: Why why WHY would VDK exclaim in the 1st NE interview that he didn't know what day it was when asked to talk about Friday. If your son is missing, and this is your opportunity to speak to the media and appeal to anyone who may have seen him or know something, you would know without a doubt that Friday was the day he disappeared, and at this exact time!! That is the most important thing, hello!! How do you forget that??

In my opinion, that was a weak attempt to give the impression that he was so overwhelmed he doesn't know what day it is. It's not believable.

Agree. Slightly OT and maybe irrelevant but on JM FB page she has a life event listed. It says best day of my life! And the event is first met VDK" It struck me as odd considering she has three children. She does not have any life events for day...was born. She seems very immature to me...very. None of what I'm saying indicates guilt or criminal behavior but her mentality is the type that makes me sad for kids.

Another thing!! (I'm on a roll today, lol) I have never been part of a discussion surrounding a disappearance before this. I just found it so fascinating that someone can "vanish" into this air. It's crazy. It's bizarre. It's scary. And it's not believable in this situation.

So my question is: Why why WHY would VDK exclaim in the 1st NE interview that he didn't know what day it was when asked to talk about Friday. If your son is missing, and this is your opportunity to speak to the media and appeal to anyone who may have seen him or know something, you would know without a doubt that Friday was the day he disappeared, and at this exact time!! That is the most important thing, hello!! How do you forget that??

In my opinion, that was a weak attempt to give the impression that he was so overwhelmed he doesn't know what day it is. It's not believable.

Amen to this. I figure most parents would even know the number of hours their little tot had been missing. And minutes.

Good point. I suppose my mind isn't meant to understand that thought process so it is hard to imagine. It was just something I have been thinking about a lot.

Billie Dunn went to jail for lying for her boyfriend. Before the body was found, he told police where it was, quit his job the day Hailey disappeared, and there's more. It's been five years and nobody has been arrested. Drug use in that situation as I suspect here too. Most recently, Lonzie's mother lied for her bf too. Sadly, the list is fairly long.

BBM

JMO

A wife might cover for her husband if she is afraid of him (abusive; controlling; threatens her life or the life of her other children), and/or if he is the breadwinner of the family and she relies on him to take care of her, and/or if she has really low self-esteem and can't bear to lose him.

I get it. It is really hard for us to imagine the things we get used to seeing here on WS. Usually, it's a woman covering for a man, but nothing is surprising to me now. Ugh!

I have rewatched the first interview several times. I too find it bizarre that JM is able to clutch the baby's blanket without sobbing, especially when she explains what it is. My eight-year-old has a blanket she sleeps with every night and honestly every time I smell it I nearly get emotional, and she's alive and well! It is her security blanket so she sleeps with it every night. I will never get rid of it, even when she's grown and over it. It smells like her 😊 And BTW, I've checked with her pediatrician to see if this is normal at her age, lol, and he said some kids go to college with "security" items. Lol.

Anywho, back on topic about that first interview. Has anyone else noticed that JM looks back-and-forth between VDK and the interviewer IMO in a nervous/frantic kind of way, like OMG what exactly is he going to say, and is NE going to buy it, when VDK is discussing what supposedly happened to the baby. She also seems to make a lot of movements with her mouth and foot when VDK is divulging details or specifics. Just my observation.

She seems more relaxed when he changes topic and begins to talk about the search and rescue team/effort. To me, that is telling. She knows he can't fabricate anything about the search and rescue effort, because that is what happened and it's verifiable. There's no reason to be nervous when discussing it. But there is much reason to be nervous when explaining the timeline and the circumstances surrounding their son's disappearance.

That combined with her utter lack of emotion is suspicious, at least to me. For the record, I am a mother of two.

This is all MOO.

Reminds me of Terri Horman at the first press conference.

People have been known to cover for the other person because there are hefty prison sentences for gross negligence (even without malice) and likely both parents could be charged if this is found to be the case.

This of course would mean that the parents would have to care more about themselves than a proper burial for their child. Unfortunately there exists that type of parents. Tragic but true.

I get it. It is really hard for us to imagine the things we get used to seeing here on WS. Usually, it's a woman covering for a man, but nothing is surprising to me now. Ugh!

Honestly, I've followed lots of cases on WS over the years but never really missing children. Jacob Wetterling and Amy Sue Pagnac are local for me so I have always followed their cases but for some reason, Little D sucked me right in! I'm starting to learn more as I go in these other cases so I appreciate you pointing me in the right directions! :tyou:

Posting this - before reading page 3 and 80 posts! :D

persimmon said:
I think DeOrr is somewhere between the campground and the store. Throwing in confusion about another black truck helps in case anybody did notice a black truck pulled off the road etc. I know this idea has been covered but I'm just putting it out again as it seems to fit all the known facts we have. I'm going to explore that route some as it seems the most likely place they would dispose of a body. I'm wondering if LE treated the store area as any type of crime scene? Also, when trash would have been picked up from around that area.

Wasn't there a poster here (sorry - my apologies - don't remember "who"/getting oldztimers!), but they posted a video of the road - which road - don't recall - but wasn't there a black truck on the side of the road and someone there? Or am I NOT remembering correctly?!! :thinking:
Didn't the Sheriff or was it Kline that said they had video??

Anyone remember this? It was at the beginning of this case - and we're already on thread #21, so don't know "which" thread to look at and find that...

Honestly, I've followed lots of cases on WS over the years but never really missing children. Jacob Wetterling and Amy Sue Pagnac are local for me so I have always followed their cases but for some reason, Little D sucked me right in! I'm starting to learn more as I go in these other cases so I appreciate you pointing me in the right directions! :tyou:

Crimes against children are very hard for me to comprehend too. Like most people, I was born with the instinct to protect all children, not just mine.

I can understand some of the behaviors/emotions behind crimes of passion, revenge etc. Although I don't condone them, I get it on some level. But how anyone could ever have a motive to harm a child is too broken for me to even begin to understand. Too bad super heroes aren't real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member