ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the two truck and switching vehicle theory that I brought up yesterday: I don't know if DK has two trucks (I've seen it brought up but it certainly could be just a rumor) so I want to apologize for adding confusion to an already confusing case...

However, I think the idea of them driving back to Idaho Falls in the early morning hours of Friday is still possible, and instead of switching trucks, they could have gone home to clean the existing truck and get rid of evidence and then driven back to the campground. Basically the same idea but with no swap, just a "clean-up."

I'm very curious as to when the diesel was purchased.

About the two truck and switching vehicle theory that I brought up yesterday: I don't know if DK has two trucks (I've seen it brought up but it certainly could be just a rumor) so I want to apologize for adding confusion to an already confusing case...

However, I think the idea of them driving back to Idaho Falls in the early morning hours of Friday is still possible, and instead of switching trucks, they could have gone home to clean the existing truck and get rid of evidence and then driven back to the campground. Basically the same idea but with no swap, just a "clean-up."

Absolutely. Wish we knew a bit more about where they are living. Let's hope that the neighbors live close by and are nosy - - and have good memories, if what you're speculating is correct!

Probably covered back in one of the previous 20+ threads, but couldn't this just mean the person who thought they may have seen a child in the vehicle was the one fueling up?

That's the way I took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, good catch about this! So there's no video, but someone remembers them getting out of the driver's side? And didn't someone also say they thought they saw a kid in the back seat, but they weren't sure?

Everyone might already know this, but this quote about the driver's side was about their stop for diesel on the way to IF on Thurs.

The quote about someone fueling up and possibly seeing DeOrr in the truck was in context of whether he was seen on Fri at the Stage Stop (which also has a pump along with it being a store).

Remembering when I was much younger and dating my husband. His truck had a bench seat and I always sat in the middle of the seat by him. When we got out, I always got out on his side, too.

Absolutely. Wish we knew a bit more about where they are living. Let's hope that the neighbors live close by and are nosy - - and have good memories, if what you're speculating is correct!

Maybe one of the witnesses that came forward? I still think it's strange how the arrival date was thought to be Friday morning for so long....

Everyone might already know this, but this quote about the driver's side was about their stop for diesel on the way to IF on Thurs.

The quote about someone fueling up and possibly seeing DeOrr in the truck was in context of whether he was seen on Fri at the Stage Stop (which also has a pump along with it being a store).

I don't think they sell diesel fuel in Leadore, so maybe if there was a fuel stop in Leadore it was for gas for GGP's Suburban. Unless their vehicle doesn't use diesel and the diesel stop in IF was for something else. :thinking:

Also, do all pickup trucks have the gas tank on the driver's side ? I was just thinking because mine is on the passenger side but I don't drive a pickup. Just thinking that it might make a difference depending on how close they were pulled in to the pump and how much clearance there was to open the door and exit the vehicle.

Ohhh, I thought Stage Stop didn't have a pump.

Because SB and the deputy talked about the parents leaving from IF on Thurs eve for Leadore and said they stopped for diesel on the way, I am thinking they were pretty clear about the diesel purchase being made Thurs eve.

I still think a truck swap is a possibility. Maybe DK swapped the diesel truck for the non-diesel truck on Fri. Which would mean that when SAR and LE showed up, and later when family and friends showed up, DK would have had his non-diesel truck on the scene. Were there any media pics that showed his truck on that weekend? (Would have to before they left to go back to the vigil on the 13th.)

All this talk about diesel and non-diesel trucks is pointless until we know for sure that DK had two trucks.

Ohhh, I thought Stage Stop didn't have a pump.

No diesel pump, only gas. From what I've found, and it may have been posted somewhere here previously as well, the only station that sold diesel no longer appears to be in business.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just all I've been able to come up with so far. TIA

http://www.landsofamerica.com/property/422-So.-Railroad-Leadore-Idaho-83464/2326709
This is one of two gas stations in Leadore and the only one with Diesel.

Honestly it didn't occur to me that both getting out on the driver's side could have meant one was in the back seat. Duh. But my point was really more about why did SB say that? Why make a point of saying that they were seen getting out of the vehicle that way? Why not just say they were seen getting out of the vehicle, not specifically getting out on the driver's side? Probably nothing!

Honestly it didn't occur to me that both getting out on the driver's side could have meant one was in the back seat. Duh. But my point was really more about why did SB say that? Why make a point of saying that they were seen getting out of the vehicle that way? Why not just say they were seen getting out of the vehicle, not specifically getting out on the driver's side? Probably nothing!

Maybe SB was simply sharing a bit of the diesel witness' statement that he felt wouldn't compromise the investigation ?

Klein's response to being asked about the diesel stop.

"Without getting into specifics we have found and personally interviewed the person that sold the fuel to the family."

Because SB and the deputy talked about the parents leaving from IF on Thurs eve for Leadore and said they stopped for diesel on the way, I am thinking they were pretty clear about the diesel purchase being made Thurs eve.

I still think a truck swap is a possibility. Maybe DK swapped the diesel truck for the non-diesel truck on Fri. Which would mean that when SAR and LE showed up, and later when family and friends showed up, DK would have had his non-diesel truck on the scene. Were there any media pics that showed his truck on that weekend? (Would have to before they left to go back to the vigil on the 13th.)

BBM
May not be significant at all, but just wanted to point out SB's January 2016 statement which adds the 'early afternoon' departure possibility.

I do have a photo or two of his truck when they were moved a mile away from the search scene but have to check dates of the article and/or photo.

January 28, 2016 - Tricia & SB
04:15
SB: You know I know Bonneville County detectives have followed up on that particular aspect of the investigation, but to the best of my knowledge, from the time that they left Idaho Falls on July 9th which was in the early afternoon or early evening, uh, you know we have not had a confirmation-- an absolute 100% positive, that someone saw Deorr, but you know I still feel that he was at the campsite.

The talk about the diesel purchase is interesting to me for several reasons:

1. It hasn't ever been stated by LE or Klein that either vehicle uses diesel, which may not seem like much, but why would they withhold that information unless there is something "off" about it? Klein has been pretty good about sharing details, particularly those which he deems insignificant to the case. Why will he not comment on something so simple and innocuous?

2. When SB and Penner are sitting at the picnic table, NE asked if there were any stops on the way to Leadore. SB starts to shake his head and then Penner chimes in with oh yes, they did make a stop - they stopped for diesel (I'm paraphrasing here). Yet, he failed to mention anything about the stop at the Silver Dollar. I am wondering if this is because Penner was referring to a trip that took place early Friday morning, rather than a trip Thursday night, thus allowing him to "lie" but actually still be telling the truth (because there were two trips and he was referring to the second trip, not the first). This may also account for the confusion early on over which day they arrived. It may be a stretch (and it's total speculation on my part) but I am really wondering if two trips were made by DK and JM.

3. If neither vehicle that was at the campsite uses diesel (which is currently a big "IF"), then how do you explain the diesel purchase? It seems to me it could only be one of two things: a diesel vehicle was being used at some point during the trip OR the diesel fuel was used for something else. Either option presents its own suspicions, at least to me.

BBM
May not be significant at all, but just wanted to point out SB's January 2016 statement which adds the 'early afternoon' departure possibility...

January 28, 2016 - Tricia & SB
04:15
SB: You know I know Bonneville County detectives have followed up on that particular aspect of the investigation, but to the best of my knowledge, from the time that they left Idaho Falls on July 9th which was in the early afternoon or early evening, uh, you know we have not had a confirmation-- an absolute 100% positive, that someone saw Deorr, but you know I still feel that he was at the campsite.

Oh, yes... At the time I thought he probably just misspoke, but now I'm thinking that may have been one of the inconsistencies in the parents' story - what time they left.

Plus, I still find it strange that he sidestepped the question about when someone last saw DeOrr alive before the camping trip. Why would that be sensitive information... Unless no one had seen DeOrr for a while before his disappearance, or unless a family member or friend has lied about seeing him.

I personally think DeOrr was at the campsite, but I think they may have been hiding him for a while beforehand because he was badly bruised or otherwise injured.

This might sound stupid, but when I think of the "filthy" bawling boy, I remember the baby P case, where baby P's mother rubbed chocolate on his face before the CPS workers were due to visit, to hide the bruises. There was another case I read about recently too, where the father put makeup on the child to hide bruises. Both children were eventually killed by their caregivers, so hiding the bruises sadly worked to fool people :(

So I thought, maybe they were hiding him before they left home because he had obvious bruises, but on the camping trip it was easy to rub some dirt on his face to fool ggp and IR. And the people at the store, if they still had DeOrr with them by then :(

No diesel pump, only gas. From what I've found, and it may have been posted somewhere here previously as well, the only station that sold diesel no longer appears to be in business.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just all I've been able to come up with so far. TIA

http://www.landsofamerica.com/property/422-So.-Railroad-Leadore-Idaho-83464/2326709
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16726617/304-Railroad-Street-Leadore-ID/

This station appears to have diesel if you scroll down and read the business desription. I don't recall if we were specifically told where they fueled up?

Oh, yes... At the time I thought he probably just misspoke, but now I'm thinking that may have been one of the inconsistencies in the parents' story - what time they left.

Plus, I still find it strange that he sidestepped the question about when someone last saw DeOrr alive before the camping trip. Why would that be sensitive information... Unless no one had seen DeOrr for a while before his disappearance, or unless a family member or friend has lied about seeing him.

I personally think DeOrr was at the campsite, but I think they may have been hiding him for a while beforehand because he was badly bruised or otherwise injured.

This might sound stupid, but when I think of the "filthy" bawling boy, I remember the baby P case, where baby P's mother rubbed chocolate on his face before the CPS workers were due to visit, to hide the bruises. There was another case I read about recently too, where the father put makeup on the child to hide bruises. Both children were eventually killed by their caregivers, so hiding the bruises sadly worked to fool people :(

So I thought, maybe they were hiding him before they left home because he had obvious bruises, but on the camping trip it was easy to rub some dirt on his face to fool ggp and IR. And the people at the store, if they still had DeOrr with them by then :(

Interesting. I would not have thought of that, but you could be right - dirt would disguise bruises. Perhaps the rumor of the truck sighting was a multi-faceted rumor to "explain" many things people might have seen... (although I'm not of the opinion DeOrr made it to the store, it's still food for thought....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26