ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, do I ever want to see the REAL and TRUE timeline!!

Wouldn't that be nice? Since the beginning, "I" was under a few misconceptions and very surprised to find out how wrong I was. Ummm, well maybe there's an explanation, ahem, yeah they got to the campground by Friday. LOL, pardon me, I just couldn't help myself. I could go further, but, LOL...others may not see the humor.

In my opinion, of course.

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

Nate Eaton:
3:40
“Okay. Uh, do you know, did they stop any other places on their way up to Leadore?”

Deputy Penner:
3:45
“Yeah! They stopped to get some diesel fuel.”

3:49
Nate Eaton:
“Diesel fuel…”

3:49
Deputy Penner:
“Yeah!”

Nate Eaton:
“Any surveillance video of that gas station?”

3:52
Deputy Penner:
“No.”

Ty. My mind gets stuck on things at times. In the context of the interview this takes place when discussing JM and VDK leaving camp Friday....so that's where my thinking came from. It seems I'm the only one who interpreted that way so...I'm likely wrong. Totally not trying to derail conversation.

Ty. My mind gets stuck on things at times. In the context of the interview this takes place when discussing JM and VDK leaving camp Friday....so that's where my thinking came from. It seems I'm the only one who interpreted that way so...I'm likely wrong. Totally not trying to derail conversation.

You very well could be right, on the video right after that the SB laughs and said something to the effect he would be surprised if there is a camera anywhere in Ledore so the diesel purchase could tie-in to being in Ledore IMO.

Okay - I haven't been here for 5 days and noticed on the last thread I have 600 more posts to read - :gaah: :pcguru:

Is there anything "important" back there, or is it just re-discussion of stuff we've covered?

:tyou: in advance!

Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas today. We rock, and I haven't had to tell myself to :chillout:

I understand the confusion. EIN/Nate Eaton added this paragraph to the earlier linked article that cleared up when/where the diesel stop was:

When asked if the family was anywhere else during the trip, Bowerman said they stopped for diesel fuel traveling from Idaho Falls to Leadore, but the gas station doesn’t have surveillance video either.

In the comments section of the EIN article the above came from Bowerman off camera according to EIN.

So first, their story was they arrived Friday morning. Then the story was they arrived Thursday night. I wonder how this little discrepancy was learned by the Sheriff...From the parents? Other people??? Would be interesting to know.

Wouldn't that be nice? Since the beginning, "I" was under a few misconceptions and very surprised to find out how wrong I was. Ummm, well maybe there's an explanation, ahem, yeah they got to the campground by Friday. LOL, pardon me, I just couldn't help myself. I could go further, but, LOL...others may not see the humor.

In my opinion, of course.

Well I've been stuck on the parents side stepping the day they arrived since the very beginning. Instead of taking the opportunity to state emphatically when they arrived, DK made a joke about what day it was. IF they truly thought there was an abduction, then why wouldn't a timeline (at least their version of one) been the most important thing to get out via the news. No excuse anybody could come up with ever satisfied me.

Go ahead Trident - I think we all could use a laugh :) :rollercoaster:

Okay - I haven't been here for 5 days and noticed on the last thread I have 600 more posts to read - :gaah: :pcguru:

Is there anything "important" back there, or is it just re-discussion of stuff we've covered?

:tyou: in advance!
Well, @Raymonde posted what I think are some reasonable theories. They're definitely worth reading!

ETA - I just went back to save them. They're about 9-10 hours ago. I know pages are generally not the same from person to person.

http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model."

BBM

Wonder where this came from. I know the article says an aunt, but what gave her the idea of those two vehicles. Thought I would bring this up since we were talking about two black trucks.:thinking:

http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model."

BBM

Wonder where this came from. I know the article says an aunt, but what gave her the idea of those two vehicles. Thought I would bring this up since we were talking about two black trucks.:thinking:

I always assumed the black truck because of the filthy-dirty child sighting (alleged sighting). But I also wonder where the blue truck came from.

Something that's been bugging me. So we know SB plays his cards close to his chest and is very careful when choosing his words. So far it's done him proud, he may have had doubts long before he ever admitted that the parents weren't being truthful and for all we know he may have felt this from the start. He has evidence we are not party to (and rightly so) upon which to form his LE opinion.

One of the things he said in the interview with Tricia on January 28, 2016 really niggles me, especially when we discuss the scent/cadaver dogs and that's this statement from him:

<snip>
11:43
SB: You know, we had a couple alerts you know that were just kind of, we consider nothing major, but um a dog reacts unusual in a certain area and so we put more dogs in there and then the other dogs alerted so, um&#8230;you know. Actually, it&#8217;s been not real positive from having those dogs in there. We didn&#8217;t have anything that really led us to a certain place within our 3 mile radius.

I think, that in line with the way he has conducted this investigation (and himself) to date, that there is something we definitely don't know and that the dogs did hit on something in the vehicle. We just don't know what at this time.
<snip>

I've listened to it, and I'm certain he says the other dogs *didn't* alert. Listen to it again and see what you think.

I was just having a bad thought about the diesel......and it led me to Carbon Monoxide fumes.....ack....

I never worried or wondered about cat pee. However, in other cases bleach and a few other things were discussed as lighting up the room when luminol was used. I just hoped you might have a link for that statement, but if not, I can/will research it further for myself. Thx.

In other cases, the presence of large amounts of bleach or excessive cleaning of something, or even surveillance footage of someone buying bleach have been used as evidence to support a murder in the absence of a body.
Say your kid goes missing on a camping trip, and one of the first things you do is scrub your truck with bleach... That's pretty suspicious even if no blood is found.

Everyone I know takes an ice chest on a camping trip. Could this be the reason dogs didn't hit? That is, DeOrr passes away during the night, his body is put in an ice chest and then disposed of during the trip to the store. DK reminds me of someone that would have one of those huge metal Coleman ice chests. Would dogs hit on an ice chest that once had a body in it since the body would have been kept cold which would have slowed down decomposition? Maybe the ice chest was tossed along with the body. Maybe the ice chest was put back in the truck after his little body was tossed in a dumpster, hence his body not being found buried or unburied on the mountain. If it was thrown in a dumpster, chances are it will never be found.

Oh - I like this scenario re ice chest! Would explain why the cadaver dogs didn't hit on the truck. But I'm going to stick with my theory - he wandered off and they just haven't found him yet... :fence: :couch:

TG: Lem&#8217;-hi. Just exactly like how it&#8217;s spelled. I just made that way too difficult. Sorry about that, but anyway, Sheriff Bowerman, thank you very, very much. We have one question, one area that we want to clear up, and that is, and I&#8217;m hoping you can help us with that tonight, that is when Deorr was seen at the store, with his parents, do you know for certain if he was ever actually seen at the store? That just seems real ambiguous uh to any

SB: Well, initially um the store salesperson didn&#8217;t remember uh the encounter. When the father uh&#8230; I call him Vernal instead of Deorr, it&#8217;s Vernal Deorr Kunz&#8230;when Vernal and his wife came back to the store several days later then the salesperson said, &#8220;Oh, yeah, I remember you!&#8221;

02:45
SB: Now I&#8217;m not sure&#8230;I don&#8217;t recall her saying specifically that she remembered the child. She remembered them talking about their child, and they bought some candy and some other items, and we have a dated and time-stamped receipt, so we know they were in the store. And someone while they were fueling up said they thought they saw a child in the back seat, but that hasn&#8217;t been ever positively stated that there was a child there, but ya&#8217; know at this point, I&#8217;m believing the family!

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-...hive-oct-2015/

Oh - I like this scenario re ice chest! Would explain why the cadaver dogs didn't hit on the truck. But I'm going to stick with my theory - he wandered off and they just haven't found him yet... :fence: :couch:

I totally respect your opinion/theory, but it does make me want to ask (hope this is okay) how do you reconcile that the parents haven't been able to tell the same story twice and that they consistently and repeatedly both failed the questions asking if they know what happened to DeOrr and where he is? (And this part is just my impression, but I know a lot of others share it, but I will add to the lying the lack of panic and concern for their son, or getting the word out, all while they were claiming he was abducted?)

To me, the above doesn't seem to be in line with DeOrr wandering off and the parents innocently discovering him missing. And I don't think they would pull a mass 7-month charade to hide what they know if it was only that they were doing something slightly neglectful or embarrassing when he wandered.

Do you think LE/FBI/Klein are incorrect in their determination and analysis? Or that the parents have been lying but for reasons other than that they had involvement or knowledge of what happened?

I'm open!!! Thx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if any of the family outside the camping trip were given polys? I don't know why but I've always gotten a very staged vibe from everyone envolved in his case. It's almost like everyone sat down before and said ok so and so you are going to be the alibi, so and so you will be the public speaker, so and so you will write Facebook posts and we will all forward them so they match, etc.

I am going to repeat my theory because my opinion remains the same until more real facts come out.

The parents are not leveling with Sheriff Bowerman and their stories keep changing on details anyone would know. The truth is a constant. The reason they cannot consistently tell the truth is because when they planned their scenario they did not cover certain questions that might be asked. The parents have different answers when questioned. The lies were not planned very well, IMO. When LE got there that afternoon, their main objective was to find the reported missing child, IMO. It wasn't until later that the details were changing depending on whomever LE was talking with or to.

My theory is that either little DeOrr was never at that campsite or was passed off to someone soon after arriving. Little DeOrr could have been abused and have injuries they could not let be seen and passed off to someone. OR, since it seems the parents were having financial problems, little DeOrr could have been sold. They know that people open their hearts and wallets for a missing child. Maybe they know where little DeOrr is and he is alive somewhere he shouldn't be. I absolutely hope he has been passed off to someone who will show him the love and care he so deserves!

*Right now one theory is as good as another with the facts we have. Little DeOrr remains in my thoughts and prayers.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member