ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what this might mean in the overall timeline, but we have been assuming that the family drove to the campground from Idaho Falls that morning, which is a 2 1/2 hour drive to the campground. I have seen a few references to them living in Montpelier, ID. That would mean it was more like a 4 1/2 hour drive to the campground. http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/11/missing-toddler-search/30022377/

The toddler, who dispatchers say is from Montpelier, has sandy blonde hair and was last seen wearing a camouflage jacket, blue pajama pants and cowboy boots, according to dispatchers.

Me too. I've gone over it trying to think what would make me go back and what I've forgotten on different trips (once we had to buy a cheap grill!). I've also thought maybe they all went because Deorr was throwing a fit about going with them. I know they'd just finished a long drive though so that doesn't make so much sense to me, but kids can be unpredictable.

And then there's that EMT/empty bag... That's got me completely stumped.

What EMT/empty bag? I must have missed that ? TIA anyone. :wave:

I don't know what this might mean in the overall timeline, but we have been assuming that the family drove to the campground from Idaho Falls that morning, which is a 2 1/2 hour drive to the campground. I have seen a few references to them living in Montpelier, ID. That would mean it was more like a 4 1/2 hour drive to the campground. http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/11/missing-toddler-search/30022377/

FWIW, even a 4 1/2 hour drive wouldn't be all that unusual for camping in that part of the country, even for a weekend. Do we know how long they were intending to camp?

I think it is very easy for us to be worried and frustrated because we are not given the details of the investigation. I have faith that they are doing their job and care about finding little DeOrr. I really feel that just because we don't hear about it, doesn't mean they aren't working hard on it. JMO

I know. I trust the sheriff when he said the family is solid. Maybe the parents took a cell phone photo of Deorr sitting on GGF's lap right in the campsite. We just don't know.

Heck, maybe there's a mountain lion in the background of the photo! :noooo:

Besides, would you want to drive 40 minutes on an unpaved road after you just got done making that trip to get to your planned destination?

That's exactly the point that seems to be missing.

FWIW, even a 4 1/2 hour drive wouldn't be all that unusual for camping in that part of the country, even for a weekend. Do we know how long they were intending to camp?

Yep, I don't think that is unusual. We used to drive to Montpelier and back to Pocatello in a day frequently. Idaho Falls is only about an hour past Pocatello.

There's not much going on around there. Heck, my ex grew up in Wyoming, and they would drive like, five hours to the nearest McDonald's. Also why the store trip doesn't bother me a bit.

I agree completely. And to top it off, the clerk has been approached by media and said she was instructed by LE not to discuss it. Clearly it is sensitive information.

I can be rather dense at times, but I finally get it.

Thanks honeybun. I expressed my feelings about this earlier and was shot down. Even though I acknowledged that you always forget something, it didn't make sense to me that after a 2 1/2 hour drive to the campsite, that all 3 would go back to a store 40 minutes away for supplies. The rough roads and a tired, crying baby. Made no sense to me. Why didn't just one of them go?
Hi, I haven't posted here in about a week as I'm no pro on mountain lions and maps, but camping with kids I know. We regularly drove two to four hours to campsite. Set up. Then piled into truck for fresh bags of ice. Milk and snacks replacement. A lot of times the meat cooler ice needed to be dumped after four hours and freshened up. I'd also like to buy my eggs and cheese at a close to camp store as well because they can get funky in a cooler on a long drive. Sheesh, sometimes we bought everything in nearest town after pitching camp. And having a dirty cranky toddler, I sure would feed him a candy bar. Because now I'm tired too and need peace.

But I had been under the impression that they stopped at store on way IN to campsite. Am I wrong?. In this case I belong in the frozen north: for I know nuthin John Snow.[emoji300]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think a 4 1/2 hour drive is unusual, just posting it as an FYI in terms of the timeline. I don't think anybody has ever said how long they were intending to camp. I assume it was for the weekend.

Im not a bit bothered by the store thing at all.... we jus got back from a camping trip... We stopped at store on way in,, went to cabin 20 min away from store, guess what, forgot plates, and mayo, and ice.. Sent my hubby ( who was not happy ab it ) back to the store, not once but three times the whole day. Bc between 2 kids and 3 adults , we forgot alot! So NO, I think the main focus is the obvious....... 4 adults, and a missing baby, and nobody to vouch that a baby was even there. Why do u think the granpas friend identity was kept a secret for so long........ Why wouldn't you think for a second the cops know allot more, and they are keeping what they know a secret!! They have to because of people like us trying so hard to find this kid, and hold whomever responsible for it... If they leaked, what i think is so obvious. us,we, would be in uproar, bc we all want the same thing..... Im sure many of you are thinking about this day in and out and night, especially when you look at your very on children.. So some things they have to keep out of the circle until it all unfolds...Im sure they are under pressure to figure out whats happened, and between other people and all of us it wont rest until the Deorr is at peace!!!!!!! Lions, NO... ANIMALS NO, it has two legs, and is sick, and has bad intentions.. YES

I agree

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the "trip to the store"? When my husband and I take a road trip to a place we've never visited, the first thing we do after we reach our destination and settle in, is take off in the car to "explore" and get our bearings. Usually we'll look for a small store or pub to stop in and talk with the locals. More often than not, we have forgotten something, so we'll pick up that item if it's available. I didn't think we were unusual in that respect, but perhaps I was wrong.

I might send my husband back to the store, but there's no way in he11 that I would get back in that truck with a 2 year old after driving 2 1/2 hours, 40 minutes of it on rocks. JMO.

We now have 32 members and 50 guests viewing this thread. Is something going on that is drawing people here?

Speaking about that EMT bag. I re-listened to the long video again tonight and I didn't hear EMT bag. I swear I heard it before. Now that off-camera voice sounds more like it is saying "social media - that needs to be addressed". The part of the video with the off-camera voice also seems softer, less loud than it used to be. Have they edited the tape? Or am I just going crazy? The comment is around the 5:50 point.

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

I just listened several times over and it does sound like she says "EMT bag". Interesting.

IIRC, JM's mother worked with this sheriff years ago and that is how he knows the family. No, I cannot link it as it was in first thread and I can never retrace these things.

Did all 4 adults and little Deorr ride in Deorr Sr.'s black pick-up truck? If not, how did GGF and IR get to the campsite?

How much of camp had been set up when the parents returned to the store?

The trip to the store is when my red flag goes up. They have just driven 2 1/2 hours from home to campsite with a toddler strapped in a carseat. Then they get back in the truck for another 2 hour round trip to the store. I call BS!! This child has to be wound up from sitting, being cooped up in a truck, and off they go for 2 more hours. No way! Something has gone wrong during this time frame. IMO. An accident that the parents are afraid to report?

From what I get from the story, when they get back from the store, is when they take their 10 minute exploring hike and leave Deorr with GGF. Why didn't they put him down for a nap first, then take a long exploring hike knowing Deorr would sleep for a while?

The odd reply from IR, GGF's friend, "I was told he was there". What??

To me, it seems that as the days pass, more inconsistencies pop up or show that they don't fit correctly. I do not accept that a wild animal took this precious child. The odds are against it. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413