ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Was DeOrr enrolled in a daycare ? I'm trying to think of who saw him besides family.
Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

Mainly marking my spot--- and am otherwise lurking a bit. Here we are on page 29 and thread #4 and not a shred of evidence as to what happened to this poor little guy ! :(
Thanks to everyone who has been posting and updating on what little news there is.
:moo:

"Solid" is not a legal term, so it's a way of saying something without actually saying anything. JMO.

But they did stop at the Leadore store. The parents don't deny that, they seem to confirm the store sighting, as well as the candy purchase (they don't deny that part either). They just don't agree on that 6 in the evening time.

I think they stopped at the Stage Stop before heading to the campsite... but I guess they could've gone to the campsite and then go back toward Leadore afterwards.

Kinda OT, but JM's 911 call: she is good at giving directions when asked for her location. In this day of GPS and Google maps, that is pretty awesome.

Had she been there before? I know DK said he'd never been there before and I read somewhere (sorry, again no link) that it was one of ggp's favorite camping spots.

We now have 32 members and 50 guests viewing this thread. Is something going on that is drawing people here?

I can't speak to anyone else, but I just have the feeling that something may be coming.

I have followed every step of the search and there is nobody outside the poi who place him there. If we knew more of the details regarding the store clerks sighting we might be able to validate his presence...but that's as close as we get....and it's not too close.

Surely, even without video, LE has been able to estimate when the family was at the store via the receipt tape?

It doesn't make sense to me at all. When we go camping the idea is to rough it, so if you forget something you just do without it. If you are set out to spend the weekend in the woods, why would you drive into town unless it was really critical? No need to stop and meet locals or explore the surrounding area, if your plan is to spend a few days in an isolated place. Besides, would you want to drive 40 minutes on an unpaved road after you just got done making that trip to get to your planned destination?

If we need something we stop on the way in. Once in the campsite we rarely ever get in the car and drive anywhere.
Possibly. Would depend on my mood, energy level, and how badly I might need something from the store.

What I'd like to know is what difference does it make if they drove back to the store? How does that figure into a nefarious plot?

Or is the point, that they did NOT drive to the store shortly after arriving, so the time offered by the dad is false. Which would make the store clerk's account true. Dad was in the store several hours later with a dirty, fussy little Deorr.

It will take more than a debate over whether or not a trip to the local convenience store is plausible to convince me that he's lying.

JMO

But would you double back for a two hour trip to "explore" the area and talk to locals? That is quite a distance to go and cut into the first day of activity when setting up camp.

I haven't seen that the trip back to the store was to explore and talk to the locals. Was that in the interview? I thought the exploring was in camp.

I'm going on some assumptions, but realized I don't actually have links to back them up.
Does anyone have links for the following:
- 40 minute/8 mile trip between Leadore store and campground
- DeOrr's blanket, monkey and cup left/found in the truck
- JM hired by mother to be ggp's CNA
ETA:
- story of Kunz family going to store shortly after arrival. It would make more sense if they went to the store on the way to camp, but I thought I read they went to store after arriving at campsite.

TIA!

kyrarose..... yep, thats wht i been sayn last few days.something def coming... its a bad feeling too, one of them sick gut feelings

True. Let me rephrase. :)

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family and Isaac Reinwand? Any witnesses?

You are right. I am troubled by his statements considering he's a grown man. Saying, "I guess he just disappeared" sounds like he's giving thirdhand information. Removing the word "guess" would alter my reaction completely. I'm not accusing any person and I haven't commented on any other aspects of his person. I am just confused by that passive statement.

what item was given to the dogs to smell that had Deorr's scent on it - please do not say that blanket the Dad spoke of in the interview... i believe he made a point of telling viewers "it is not a replica" - sorry no link - a million pages behind - and cant find the link to that interview

If that was the case, I don't think JM's mom (I think that's who it is off screen on the video) would bring it up and say it needed to be addressed. DK said "we'll get to that", but they never did.

I can't speak to anyone else, but I just have the feeling that something may be coming.

I haven't seen that the trip back to the store was to explore and talk to the locals. Was that in the interview? I thought the exploring was in camp.

I'm going on some assumptions, but realized I don't actually have links to back them up.

TIA!
Read the quoted post.

That was a reply to my post, and examples of reasons why I might drive to a store in a similar situation.

From what I've seen from how LE investigates in other cases, they interview separately all POI's and get a pretty good idea about whether they're telling the truth about things that happened while they were together. I would think they would know if DeOrr was there or not. I think it would be very difficult for 4 people to get away with being untruthful in a situation like that.

Not if one had dementia and the other didn't know anything, just repeated what he'd been told, as far as he knew... Then you'd only need 2 people's stories to match.

I agree -- I'm only quoting your post because it helped me put my finger on what's been bothering me this whole time...I know that here on WS, we have to take our cue from LE, and we do have to take it on faith. I just hope that the sheriff ISN'T just taking it on faith, though...I hope that his thorough investigation has led him to his belief that things are "solid," and not just a feeling on his part.

It has been so long, I'm sure that if Little Deorr is out in that wilderness alone somewhere, it is too late to rescue him now. (Unless the wolf pack took him in and is taking care of him...) For some reason, this is the first case where I've been scared that maybe every possibility HASN'T been investigated, because none of LE's statements have given me the confidence I usually feel that EVERYTHING is being done that possibly can. It wouldn't take much difference in the given accounts, for the search to have ended up being in the wrong area, etc.

Is it true that the Sheriff is related to this family? I don't think for an instant that he is corrupt or anything like that...but I do know that it would be easier to take my family's (or someone who I know personally) word, straight up, than if I were dealing with strangers. And what it all really boils down to, is that there is a toddler lost/hurt/kidnapped up there in the wilderness, and from the searches based on the given facts, there have been NO clues (that we are aware of) to give any inkling as to what has happened to him.

I think the sheriff is sly as a fox and as patient as Job...

I also thought JM gave really good directions, but wasn't that the first time they were ever at this camp ground? I am not so sure, while being panicked and in distress, that I could of given the directions she gave. Kudos to her for trying to keep a calm and rational head!!
MOO

Well, she did just travel the same route twice in the last couple of hours! :)

TIA!

Nobody said that the trip to the store was to explore and talk to locals. That is a comment that is being taken out of context. It was part of a discussion on why people in general might go to a store shortly after arriving at a destination.

-The 40 minute/8 mile trip is from Google maps. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=zW6CBVbxpdYA.klXz-SrbHNBI

-Great question on where did the "fact" come from that the blanket, monkey and cup was left in the truck. Does anybody have a link for that? I see that DeOrr's paternal grandfather mentioned it here: http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks "The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it." But that grandfather was not at the campground when DeOrr disappeared, so anything he says is hearsay.

-The part about JM being hired to be ggp's CNA is a rumor.

That's really great! Could you maybe highlight the names or titles of the ones that were there camping so it would be easy to refer people to which ones they were? Even just naming the names seems to confuse people since there are 3 gens of DeOrrs. Just a thought. Thanks for putting that together!

KunzFamilyTree072815.jpg

I noticed that mother's facebook has been deleted. (if I'm not allowed to say that let me know and I will delete it).
I just find that odd since she has been posting many different posters with his pictures and info on them. I have been checking it to see if there are updates and tonight it was gone.

Hi everyone. I have been wracking my brain over this and reading and reading, and was about to give up and wait it out, until I heard GGPA's friends words. How odd.

Which brings me to this, Say the Dad could get the store clerk to change the time of her sighting, then she would be our verification that he was alive and well earlier in the day. I hope that's not going too far but I know something is nagging at all of us.

Now I'm curious where you got that information, because I've seen references to the friend going back as far as July 15th. I don't want to pick on you, but I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt so if you know they lied along the way I would like to know.

I didn't say they lied along the way. I said they didn't mention ggp's friend in the interview they gave to the reporter. They sat down to tell what happened, but they never mentioned that there was another adult in their party who might have known what happened to little DeOrr.

If that was the case, I don't think JM's mom (I think that's who it is off screen on the video) would bring it up and say it needed to be addressed. DK said "we'll get to that", but they never did.
Someone mentioned in a previous thread that they thought the woman off camera asking about the emt bag was Jessica's mom or a family member. I never got that impression. I got the impression it was another reporter. Curious what made you think it was her mother? You can hear the urgency in her voice and it seems confrontational to me. They clearly do not want to talk about it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member