ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thought. Maybe that emt bag has to do with the store somehow. I'd have to go back but was the emt bag brought up in the interview near the time they were discussing the rumor about the store?

Speaking about that EMT bag. I re-listened to the long video again tonight and I didn't hear EMT bag. I swear I heard it before. Now that off-camera voice sounds more like it is saying "social media - that needs to be addressed". The part of the video with the off-camera voice also seems softer, less loud than it used to be. Have they edited the tape? Or am I just going crazy? The comment is around the 5:50 point.

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

If he says DeOrr was there and we don't believe him it also means we don't believe the parents. Which, imo, goes back to treating them as suspects and not victims. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe doubting what he says doesn't necessarily mean not believing the parents, but I don't know how that would work, other than to suggest IR was never there.

You are right. I am troubled by his statements considering he's a grown man. Saying, "I guess he just disappeared" sounds like he's giving thirdhand information. Removing the word "guess" would alter my reaction completely. I'm not accusing any person and I haven't commented on any other aspects of his person. I am just confused by that passive statement.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the "trip to the store"? When my husband and I take a road trip to a place we've never visited, the first thing we do after we reach our destination and settle in, is take off in the car to "explore" and get our bearings. Usually we'll look for a small store or pub to stop in and talk with the locals. More often than not, we have forgotten something, so we'll pick up that item if it's available. I didn't think we were unusual in that respect, but perhaps I was wrong.

I don't have a problem with it either. I'm forgetful. The husband likes to shop. These two traits guarantee a trip to a store anywhere any time for any reason. We went touristing last week and actually discussed stopping off at Walmart. We needed nothing. But it was there.

Funny u mention that about who places him at the campsite other than the mentally confused granpa, the friend that has a nasty background, and the parents that lost their kid.... Thats actually the first question my hubby asked me, when I told him about this case.. He said , is there proof he even made it to campsite, and who can vouch besides the 4 mentioned....

Funny u mention that about who places him at the campsite other than the mentally confused granpa, the friend that has a nasty background, and the parents that lost their kid.... Thats actually the first question my hubby asked me, when I told him about this case.. He said , is there proof he even made it to campsite, and who can vouch besides the 4 mentioned...

True. Let me rephrase. :)

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family and Isaac Reinwand? Any witnesses?

You are right. I am troubled by his statements considering he's a grown man. Saying, "I guess he just disappeared" sounds like he's giving thirdhand information. Removing the word "guess" would alter my reaction completely. I'm not accusing any person and I haven't commented on any other aspects of his person. I am just confused by that passive statement.

RSBM

Was DeOrr enrolled in a daycare ? I'm trying to think of who saw him besides family.
Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

Mainly marking my spot--- and am otherwise lurking a bit. Here we are on page 29 and thread #4 and not a shred of evidence as to what happened to this poor little guy ! :(
Thanks to everyone who has been posting and updating on what little news there is.
:moo:

Who places little DeOrr at the campsite besides family and Isaac Reinwand? Any witnesses?

~~Say Little DeOrr was NEVER at the campsite...Why in the world all these shenanigans, then? I cannot even begin to think outside the box on this one.

That should be fine as long as you don't add names not already mentioned in the media.

If anyone sees an error, please let me know. We can update this as people are named in MSM.

KunzFamilyTree072815.jpg

But they did stop at the Leadore store. The parents don't deny that, they seem to confirm the store sighting, as well as the candy purchase (they don't deny that part either). They just don't agree on that 6 in the evening time.

I think they stopped at the Stage Stop before heading to the campsite... but I guess they could've gone to the campsite and then go back toward Leadore afterwards.

Kinda OT, but JM's 911 call: she is good at giving directions when asked for her location. In this day of GPS and Google maps, that is pretty awesome.

I am trying to word this carefully, a story like a trip to the store could be fabricated if one thought they needed an alibi or something.

As for the awesome directions to her location. That is pretty common among people who live or spend time in rural and wilderness areas. Not that it matters, just throwing it in as an FYI.

We don't know whether or not he told LE his name. I'm sure they knew and were able to investigate him. And remember they might not have known him before the trip but he was their grandfather's friend. I can see it happening. If it were me I'm not sure I would tell the public anything other than what would help them search for my child. Giving the friend's name might even detract from search efforts, which in this case, imo, it came very close to doing. What if everyone digging into his past and gossiping about him had done something more constructive instead?

Jmo, etc.

I'm not talking about giving his name. I'm talking about even mentioning that there was another person there at the campsite besides the parents and ggp.

From what I've seen from how LE investigates in other cases, they interview separately all POI's and get a pretty good idea about whether they're telling the truth about things that happened while they were together. I would think they would know if DeOrr was there or not. I think it would be very difficult for 4 people to get away with being untruthful in a situation like that.

Still keep going back to the sheriff's statement that the family "..is solid". So the sheriff must have been able to confirm who last saw DeOrr. LE doesn't have to update us as to who can verify that DeOrr was indeed at the campsite ; so we just need to take it on faith.

I agree -- I'm only quoting your post because it helped me put my finger on what's been bothering me this whole time...I know that here on WS, we have to take our cue from LE, and we do have to take it on faith. I just hope that the sheriff ISN'T just taking it on faith, though...I hope that his thorough investigation has led him to his belief that things are "solid," and not just a feeling on his part.

It has been so long, I'm sure that if Little Deorr is out in that wilderness alone somewhere, it is too late to rescue him now. (Unless the wolf pack took him in and is taking care of him...) For some reason, this is the first case where I've been scared that maybe every possibility HASN'T been investigated, because none of LE's statements have given me the confidence I usually feel that EVERYTHING is being done that possibly can. It wouldn't take much difference in the given accounts, for the search to have ended up being in the wrong area, etc.

Is it true that the Sheriff is related to this family? I don't think for an instant that he is corrupt or anything like that...but I do know that it would be easier to take my family's (or someone who I know personally) word, straight up, than if I were dealing with strangers. And what it all really boils down to, is that there is a toddler lost/hurt/kidnapped up there in the wilderness, and from the searches based on the given facts, there have been NO clues (that we are aware of) to give any inkling as to what has happened to him.

Speaking about that EMT bag. I re-listened to the long video again tonight and I didn't hear EMT bag. I swear I heard it before. Now that off-camera voice sounds more like it is saying "social media - that needs to be addressed". The part of the video with the off-camera voice also seems softer, less loud than it used to be. Have they edited the tape? Or am I just going crazy? The comment is around the 5:50 point.

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]
I still hear it loud and clear. She says "have you told them/him about the emt bag". She goes on to say because that needs to be addressed. The male reporter then says social media can be a good thing or a bad thing.

So that tells me there was something being discussed on social media pertaining to an emt bag. And then JM says we just don't want things twisted.

Very curious.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

At 1:42 on the video, Dad states: He was right with us.

I hear it At 5:50. The reporter asks the family if anyone else was camping nearby or did they see anything out of the ordinary. Then someone in the background mentions the EMT bag, that needs to be addressed.

Sounds like the family discovered an empty EMT bag near their campground?

But they did stop at the Leadore store. The parents don't deny that, they seem to confirm the store sighting, as well as the candy purchase (they don't deny that part either). They just don't agree on that 6 in the evening time.

I think they stopped at the Stage Stop before heading to the campsite... but I guess they could've gone to the campsite and then go back toward Leadore afterwards.

Kinda OT, but JM's 911 call: she is good at giving directions when asked for her location. In this day of GPS and Google maps, that is pretty awesome.

I also thought JM gave really good directions, but wasn't that the first time they were ever at this camp ground? I am not so sure, while being panicked and in distress, that I could of given the directions she gave. Kudos to her for trying to keep a calm and rational head!!
MOO

Im not a bit bothered by the store thing at all.... we jus got back from a camping trip... We stopped at store on way in,, went to cabin 20 min away from store, guess what, forgot plates, and mayo, and ice.. Sent my hubby ( who was not happy ab it ) back to the store, not once but three times the whole day. Bc between 2 kids and 3 adults , we forgot alot! So NO, I think the main focus is the obvious....... 4 adults, and a missing baby, and nobody to vouch that a baby was even there. Why do u think the granpas friend identity was kept a secret for so long........ Why wouldn't you think for a second the cops know allot more, and they are keeping what they know a secret!! They have to because of people like us trying so hard to find this kid, and hold whomever responsible for it... If they leaked, what i think is so obvious. us,we, would be in uproar, bc we all want the same thing..... Im sure many of you are thinking about this day in and out and night, especially when you look at your very on children.. So some things they have to keep out of the circle until it all unfolds...Im sure they are under pressure to figure out whats happened, and between other people and all of us it wont rest until the Deorr is at peace!!!!!!! Lions, NO... ANIMALS NO, it has two legs, and is sick, and has bad intentions.. YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413