ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been determined where IR was when DeOrr went missing? I've heard that he was with GGP, then he was off fishing by himself, and then he was actually with JM and DK when DeOrr went missing. If IR was with GGP, I can kind of better understand them leaving DeOrr with GGP and IR.

After seeing IR on that news interview I would not leave my child with him! JMO
Im wondering id possibly GGF is in a wheelchair? this would lead LE to believe GGF couldn't do it.
Just guessing here. A strange group to go camping IMO

I personally knew the Mountain man...he was a co-worker. No, it was not staged, but understand why you would think that. I was referring to the missing EMT kit. It would be a highly coveted prize for the homeless.

It would be a useful thing to have, and someone like you've described - homeless and off the grid in the wilderness - would be interested in an EMT kit but not in a child.

It would be a useful thing to have, and someone like you've described - homeless and off the grid in the wilderness - would be interested in an EMT kit but not in a child.

I wonder ??? Is GGf homeless and live out there?

Even if they arrived on Thursday and they were at the store at 6, that would explain the 6 pm sighting. But Deorr Sr. said he was at the store at 1 (Friday). I'd like to verify that info. That would at least place Deorr Jr. in the area. That would clear up people wanting to know if he was actually ever at the campground.

Edit: Well I guess if they could verify they were at the shop Thursday at 6PM that would still verify that Deorr Jr. was in the area. That would mean they went to the store twice though if Deorr Sr. said he went to the store on Friday at 1.

From what I recall from the video interview, Deorr never said exactly when they were at the store, how long they were there, or if they went anywhere else besides the store. Plus, it takes approximately 25-40 (estimates have varied) minutes to get to the campsite from the store. All he said is that they were back at the camp site by 1pm.

We don't know who's idea it was to camp there. Lots of people camp, even those with disabilities enjoy camping. My family camps every summer.

Oh I know but Im wondering who invited who along on this trip.
Was it planned or spur of the moment?

I have been wondering about this very thing....people living off the grid. Years ago I saw a 'Special Report' on KOMO News 4 here in Seattle, covering the Pointman Ministries reaching out to PTSD Vets living in the Okanogan National Forest. It was a 'Stand Down' of sorts....I believe the Cascade Mountain Men were involved with the ministry as well. They held a church service in the mountains for these wounded vets...Lot's of prayer, food, one on one counseling. A weekend of spiritual healing.
They began it with praise and worship songs echoing through the mountain, the smell of barbecue wafting through the air. One by one, people started coming out of the forest. Guys in tattered clothes, covered in dirt, some in ancient camo fatigues. Some with their face blackened. There must have been 100 very raggedy vets that eventually came out of those woods. Vets that never rejoined society after the wars they fought.
After Deorr went missing, I researched this further, how many homeless vets are in Idaho? According to the VA, there are approximately 500. Map provided. http://www.longmarchhome.org/homelessness_map.html

There are annual 'Stand Downs' for vets hosted in Idaho Falls, Boise, Pocatello and throughout Montana. I'm wondering just how many of them are living in the woods with PTSD? I'm wondering if the local VA might be aware of clusters of vets living in National Forests around Idaho.

I would also be making inquiries at the homeless shelters...asking if anyone knows of people living in the National Parks, not just vets....anyone, they may have run into living off the grid. An EMT kit would be a highly coveted prize for the homeless.
Welcome! Idk about the veracity of this but when I lived in Idaho there were stories of mountain men and folks "living wild" in the forests. As a kid I was fascinated but my dad, who worked in national forests, told me they were just stories. Idk if he said that so I wouldn't be freaked out camping or what though.

Eta: I still think little man wandered off and perished.

I wonder ??? Is GGf homeless and live out there?

What? No.

eta: I mean based on everything we know and have read about GGP there's no reason to believe he is homeless and lives off the grid in the wilderness.

Welcome! Idk about the veracity of this but when I lived in Idaho there were stories of mountain men and folks "living wild" in the forests. As a kid I was fascinated but my dad, who worked in national forests, told me they were just stories. Idk if he said that so I wouldn't be freaked out camping or what though.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I heard the same thing in California, except they were hippies. :)

It wouldn't surprise me.

A lot can happen in 2-3 months. A friend of my grandmother fell and broke her hip about 5 years ago. She survived the initial injury but never fully recovered. She lost 30 lbs within the first few months and looked 15 years older. She went from a healthy, independent 70-year old to someone who needed care. She ended up passing away about a year and a half after the injury.

One study found women aged 65-69 are 5 times more likely to die within a year than women the same age who didn't break a hip!

http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/a...hip-at-increased-risk-of-dying-within-a-year/

As far as GGP, I find it out that, if recent SM posts are accurate and he is in good health, that LE would rule him out as a POI specifically because of his health. But then again, I guess they ruled him back in according to a later news report...

Floridian, that was me. I also posted that was what I read. And I read it recently, just don't know where? I read the transcript of the 7/13/15 interview and it's not from that. I "thought" it was an answer DK gave in response to a question. Geez, I'm SO confused!

Don't feel bad because I was just thinking how confusing all of this is. One interview by the parents that has been looked at and scrutinized up one side and down the other then a couple of say nothing newspaper articles and all we are doing is circling the mulberry tree.

It's impossible to even discuss what might have happened to the little fellow.

One of the strangest cases I have ever followed.

I think if you post something from SM, you're allowed/supposed to post a link, but we're not allowed to discuss it. Someone straighten me out if I'm wrong, please. Don't want to get in trouble or set anyone else up to get in trouble. TIA!

You can't posts links to family member's SM pages unless they are named as suspects.

One study found women aged 65-69 are 5 times more likely to die within a year than women the same age who didn't break a hip!

http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/a...hip-at-increased-risk-of-dying-within-a-year/

As far as GGP, I find it out that, if recent SM posts are accurate and he is in good health, that LE would rule him out as a POI specifically because of his health. But then again, I guess they ruled him back in according to a later news report...

MOO is that LE ruled ggp back in as a POI because calling the other adults at the campsite POIs "because they were there" and not ggp (who was also there) was causing people to chatter about DeOrr's parents and IR. Also, ruling out ggp because of his mental and physical health causes people to immediately ask why anyone would leave their kid with someone so incapacitated that LE doesn't think he could provide information about DeOrr's disappearance or events leading up to it. I think calling ggp a POI is yet another effort by LE to control "rumors" and has nothing to do with a change in ggp's status. I'm not expressing myself very well - to put it another way, calling ggp a POI, too, is a way to make calling the other adults POIs seem more benign. JMO

Find Deorr!!!!!

This is consuming me. I simply cannot imagine how I would feel if my child was missing when this alone is driving me crazy. I'm sure I'd have to be heavily sedated and wouldn't have the energy to search or talk about it. Just imagining myself in that situation makes me sick in the stomach. The not knowing would be dreadful. No one knows how they will react in a situation until it happens to them, and I pray I never find out.

FBI: please come to a quick resolution!

Well, think about that one a little more. If after an hour had passed, someone may have felt the child was being neglected, there's a possibility. Granted, these are just random thoughts from an old lady who wants the boy found. Alive.

Well, think about that one a little more. If after an hour had passed, someone may have felt the child was being neglected, there's a possibility. Granted, these are just random thoughts from an old lady who wants the boy found. Alive.

I'm fine with random thoughts! And I want him found alive too.

So... grab the kid who was being neglected or was lost and alone, steal an EMT to help care for the child and then leave? I would think (hope!) if someone did such a thing he or she would come forward once the search started.

But I could see someone doing that. You come across a kid alone in the wilderness and what are you going to do?

I'd expect dogs to pick up a scent in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klints tabitha