ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was implied. Since it was brought into the conversation yesterday, there are certainly people here that were under the impression that there were ginseng hunters in Idaho.

Somebody else brought up mushrooms. I don't think mushroom hunting is very popular in that part of the state either.

Waving hand....I didn't research so thought it possible. Thanks!

FWIW, I just had a conversation with somebody that has been to the campsite. The creek is about 6-8 inches deep at most and it is full of rocks and debris. There is no way he could have fallen into the creek and been washed away. It is impossible. It is also not very loud and screams would have been heard.

Of course this can be considered a rumor, since I don't have a link.

6-8 " deep at most ?????

I think some searchers might disagree , especially the guy on the right who has water over his knees , and there are deeper spots than that.

deorr water over knees.JPG

source http://www.localnews8.com/news/Family-holds-vigil-for-missing-toddler/34151958

6-8 " deep at most ?????

I think some searchers might disagree , especially the guy on the right who has water over his knees , and there are deeper spots than that.

View attachment 80379

source http://www.localnews8.com/news/Family-holds-vigil-for-missing-toddler/34151958

I think that fork of the creek runs for about 2-1/2 and 3 miles from what I've read. Creeks have very deep holes. Since it is said on a fishing site that the fishing is as good in that creek as it is in the reservoir, those fish HAVE to be somewhere, and they're not living in 6" of water, I don't think. On some of the videos I can hear the creek rushing in the background. Yes, that particular area appears to have a log jam, but the entire creek isn't like that.

Per LE he isnt in the creek, he isnt in the reservoir. Bowerman is 99% sure he wasnt abducted and he thinks he might be found by a hunter during hunting season. The question for me is will he be found in the general campsite area or somewhere on the way back from Leadore? Why wouldnt you want every BODY out there searching? Why are there no more organized volunteer searches? Why wait for hunters to find bones? A camper in the area, if he hikes, might find bones.. it isnt like this is closed off to the public anymore. Why specifically did LE ASK THAT VOLUNTEERS NOT LOOK? I understand maybe the first few days.. but what about now? Why isnt anyone up there? JMO Baby had a little metal truck in his pocket.. did anyone go up there with a metal detector?

Per LE he isnt in the creek, he isnt in the reservoir. Bowerman is 99% sure he wasnt abducted and he thinks he might be found by a hunter during hunting season. The question for me is will he be found in the general campsite area or somewhere on the way back from Leadore? Why wouldnt you want every BODY out there searching? Why are there no more organized volunteer searches? Why wait for hunters to find bones? A camper in the area, if he hikes, might find bones.. it isnt like this is closed off to the public anymore. Why specifically did LE ASK THAT VOLUNTEERS NOT LOOK? I understand maybe the first few days.. but what about now? Why isnt anyone up there? JMO Baby had a little metal truck in his pocket.. did anyone go up there with a metal detector?

For my own purpose I made a list of inconsistencies to try and make sense of it all. I feel like I've got a giant jigsaw puzzle spread out on the floor and am missing half of the puzzle pieces. A metal detector is a good idea. How sad to just wait and hope a hunter stumbles over that poor baby .

I wonder if any of the 4 POIs have been permitted (I dunno if that's the right word) to return to campsite unaccompanied. I don't know how I would feel about it. One the one hand, the parents might want to go every single day to look. But on the other hand the other 2 might have different reasons for going. In the end, I hope SOMEONE has been going on the regular to see if the creek has given up any of its secrets.
I hate this case and I keep saying I won't come back. But here I am :wave:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that LE have asked volunteers not to look. Does anybody know? They did the first few days when the formal search was going on, but I think the place is now open for anybody that wants to go search. The family is spending their weekends up there searching.

It seems like the LE and SAR have done a really thorough job of searching the creek and the reservoir and are confident that he is not either of them.

I wonder if any of the 4 POIs have been permitted (I dunno if that's the right word) to return to campsite unaccompanied. I don't know how I would feel about it. One the one hand, the parents might want to go every single day to look. But on the other hand the other 2 might have different reasons for going. In the end, I hope SOMEONE has been going on the regular to see if the creek has given up any of its secrets.
I hate this case and I keep saying I won't come back. But here I am :wave:

The family has been spending the weekends up there searching. I don't think anybody is guarding it or preventing anybody from going there, so yes they are going there unaccompanied.

I'm not sure that LE have asked volunteers not to look. Does anybody know? They did the first few days when the formal search was going on, but I think the place is now open for anybody that wants to go search. The family is spending their weekends up there searching.

It seems like the LE and SAR have done a really thorough job of searching the creek and the reservoir and are confident that he is not either of them.

If the parents are still searching at the camp ground, how does that fit with they feel he has been abducted??

If the parents are still searching at the camp ground, how does that fit with they feel he has been abducted??

Good question. None of it makes sense. If it were my child missing I would probably spend every minute searching, even if I suspected he wasn't there. Searching is doing something and it is better than doing nothing. IMO

Good question. None of it makes sense. If it were my child missing I would probably spend every minute searching, even if I suspected he wasn't there. Searching is doing something and it is better than doing nothing. IMO

Desperation. What else can they do?

Why not bring the dogs out again? After all this time, wouldn't there be an overpowering odor?

Probably because of the danger to the searchers from the rugged terrain. It doesn't seem like it from just looking, but six inches of fast-flowing water can knock your feet right out from under you. The rocks and logs are slippery. The area around the campground looks pretty flat, but not far away there are rock ledges with bad footing, steep ravines, and probably undocumented mining test holes. They don't want to have anybody slip and break a leg and have to be carried out.

Desperation. What else can they do?

Get his story and face all over the media in the event he has been kidnapped. Though the sheriff doesn't feel that is what happened, he won't even say he feels he was 100% at the site. So go with what they feel happened and follow through imo

Get his story and face all over the media in the event he has been kidnapped. Though the sheriff doesn't feel that is what happened, he won't even say he feels he was 100% at the site. So go with what they feel happened and follow through imo

Apparently the FBI and sheriff have asked them not to go to the media. The question is why? The PI was about to do a media push when he made his renouncement about the 800 number and did that one interview. I wonder why that hasn't happened yet.

Why not bring the dogs out again? After all this time, wouldn't there be an overpowering odor?

Seems like it would be a good idea to bring cadaver dogs up there again. Wonder if they have done that?

I'm not justifying what they're not doing (I don't think it's necessarily an either/or thing), just offering an opinion on why they might still be going up there no matter what they believe happened to him.

I thought of something else too - sometimes people deal with grief by keeping so busy they can't pause long enough to feel their pain.

Apparently the FBI and sheriff have asked them not to go to the media. The question is why? The PI was about to do a media push when he made his renouncement about the 800 number and did that one interview. I wonder why that hasn't happened yet.

BBM - I must have missed this, is there a link to support this? TIA.

My post was deleted and I'm not sure why. Let me modify it and see if it sticks this time.

So why does it seem that great grandfather just let a 2 year old wander off toward the creek and not go after him?

"My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone," Clegg said. "It appears like he just vanished."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/grandma-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/
7/12/15

So when I come back up to get him and I yelled over to grandpa, uh, "Where is," you know, "Where is little DeOrr?" he, immediately, shocked, he says, "I thought he came up to you."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/uncut-entire-interview-with-parents-of-deorr-kunz/
7/13/15

Grandfather assumes he’s gone down to them because he was within their (parents) line of sight and uh, wasn’t too far from the campground.

Primarily, the information we have is…grandpa is watching the child. He tells me he looks away momentarily. When he looks back, he’s gone, and he’s assumed he’s gone over the bank.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

The sheriff said Grandpa saw that little DeOrr was within his parents line of sight and he presumes he went over the bank. Did he think his parents were right there too? JMO

Isaac says "as far as I know (he just disappeared) because Isaac wasn't there when DeOrr disappeared - he was at the creek, downstream from the parents according to the sheriff. He wonders if the reporter has talked to Grandpa because Grandpa was there and my guess is Grandpa later told Isaac he saw little DeOrr go toward his parents.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I think that fork of the creek runs for about 2-1/2 and 3 miles from what I've read. Creeks have very deep holes. Since it is said on a fishing site that the fishing is as good in that creek as it is in the reservoir, those fish HAVE to be somewhere, and they're not living in 6" of water, I don't think. On some of the videos I can hear the creek rushing in the background. Yes, that particular area appears to have a log jam, but the entire creek isn't like that.

Exactly! How can the creek only have 6" of water, when Isaac went fishing in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member